Sehun (2)

Mission Code: EXO

 

 

I have a mind to choose but everything is opposing me.

 



 

His stare makes my stomach churn and ache, but I manage to stutter a few words. “Erm… I’m looking for Jongin…”

In a bass voice, he spoke, “I am.”

***

An awkward air of silence surrounds me, I twiddle with my fingers hoping that time would pass faster. Unfortunately for me, I have to get my job done first.

The walking ice block is staring blankly at me, his eyes black and shallow yet intriguing. They were like hollow pits waiting to devour me whole. A surge of electricity ran through me, the hair on my hands stood upright.

Frustrated and uneasy, I blew a raspberry and pursed my lips.

I am in a bakery, instead of interrogating; I have strangely become the suspect. My mission… it failed terribly, here I am trying to make an excuse for what was thought to be stalking on my part.

Jongin gives a hard kick at the leg of my chair. I grabbed on tightly to the sides as it wobbled and shook violently. “So you’re just going to sit there and rot, quit it. Seriously! You’re wasting precious time!”

Kyungsoo pushes his noisy colleague aside and with a soothing voice, he softly mumbles, “Jongin, calm yourself. You’re scaring her…” Jongin snapped at Kyungsoo, and sharply retorted, “Oh just shut up! You’re not the one she is stalking, easy for you to say-”

“I’m sorry,” I stuttered, “But I just wanted to ask a few questions. Just a few and I’ll leave.”

Slumped on a chair, he relents and gives in. “Fine. I’ll give you 5 minutes, shoot.”

***

I bowed towards Jongin and Kyungsoo, “Thank you for answering my questions, I really appreciated it.” Jongin whistled nonchalantly and busied himself with sweeping the floor. On the other hand, Kyungsoo, unbothered with Jongin walks me out to the door and escorts me out.

“I hope you won’t take it to heart, Jongin’s attitude may be harsh but it’s because he’s not comfortable with strangers.”

I nodded, “I understand, if I were in his shoes I’ll react the same way too. But still, thank you.” I finished and turned towards the bus stop and marched off.

“Erm, Juri! Wait!” My head turns backwards, I see Kyungsoo jogging towards me. “A word of advice, stop your investigation on this case. The police will find out the truth.”

I stared at him in bewilderment, “Why are you also telling me the same thing? Why is everyone telling me the same thing?”

He gives a sigh, “It’s hard to explain but if you continue I can’t guarantee that nothing will happen to you…” I cocked my head to the side, still trying to make sense of why he said that. “I apologize but I’m bent on solving this case. If you’ll excuse me now…”

I watched as his face showed a crestfallen expression, “Sorry for taking up you time. I’ll be going then…” . Did I just say something wrong?

“Erm, Kyungsoo, thanks for the advice though. I appreciated it.” Kyungsoo looks back and gives a weak smile, oh my god, what did I just do…

***

I hope I didn’t make him upset… He was just trying to- HOLY !

I stared in horror, my house door was flung wide open. No other sound could be heard, only the howls of the crisp wind. ! Mum!

I hastened and rushed up the stairs, I stepped into the living room. My house was overturned, every object strewn mercilessly on the floor. Shattered pieces of porcelain covered the parquet tiles. I came closer to the kitchen and screamed, “Oh my god! Mum!”

My mum was lying in a heap of broken glass faced down, she did not move an inch. “Mum! Oh my god! Please wake up!” I shook her frail body hard and enveloped it in my arms.

“Uhhh…” Mum?

Her eyes fluttered and slowly pried open, “Juri-ah, what happened?”

“Our house has been broken into. Let’s get your wounds cleaned up first.” My hand reaches to get the first aid box from the cupboard beside me. Then, suddenly, my mum catches my hand and retracts it back. “Go and check your room, I saw someone running inside before I was knocked out. I’ll be fine.”

I laid my mum against the cupboard and passed her the first aid box, and following that I dashed off to my room. The fear in me grew bigger as I neared the room. Please… don’t be true.

The door creaked as I pushed it, I knew it, my room was not spared too.

Realization struck me hard, all my files. Everything pertaining to the cases of the disappearances of Junmyeon and Sehun gone. Gone.

And all I am left with now is my clues from Jongin. This can’t be déjà vu, I’m back at square one again. This can’t be true. Again, my efforts.

I cringed at the thought of having to restart what I have taken so long to compile.

STOP INVESTIGATING ON THE DISAPPEARENCE OF KIM JUNMYEON IF NOT YOU WILL REGRET IT.

IF YOU CONTINUE INVESTIGATING BE SURE THAT YOU WON’T HAVE A DAY OF PEACE

They really meant what they said. Drats.

“HUMPH! They think this will bring me down, quite the contrary! It makes me want to find out more instead.” Quickly I rolled out a A3 sized drawing block and wrote down all my information.


 

Jumyeon                                                             Sehun
- orphan                                                               - orphan                                                              
- two cousins: jonghyun and kibum         - does not have any family members     
                they work at SMCreate                                 parents past away
- missing since 12.12.12                                 - missing since 16.12.12
- has a best friend named Sehun                              - has a classmate called Jongin
- the first creation of SMCreate                                 Jongin is another creation

Jongin                                                                   Kyungsoo
- lives with sister, Kim Hyoyeon(23)         - was adopted by a family from china
- lives separately from parents                  - moved here because his ‘sister’ works in SMCreate
- also a creation                                                                                sister: Victoria song
- working at EXOplanet Café                       - working at EXOplanet Café
- extremely close to one of co-workers - has no birth certificates or anything about his real identity
                co worker: Do Kyungsoo

And in bold, big words, I wrote: NEXT POSSIBLE TARGET: KIM JONGIN


You're not going to get your way this time, kidnapper. I hope...

***

omigawd, took me forever to update this chapter. /bows/ i'm SORRRRRRRRRY!!!
been having a busy yet unproductive time (especially these few days)
been heading to school day after day

hopefully this chapter hasn't disappointed you :(
i really hope you enjoyed it!

OH MY MAMA. infinite H special stage.
me: i exploded *kaboom*
hoya... and dongwoo. T.T perfection. 
ok, excuse my fangirling.

all in all, the next chap... le sighs. it'll take a while for me to update so patience is key.
do leave comments, they are much appreciated. and subsribe if you like it. :)

i'll do my utmost best to update soon.
till later ~travellator~