Byun Baekhyun (4)

Mission Code: EXO
 

It's not over yet. We're just beginning.

 

A/N: i've heard your cries, here's an update! :)


"Baek- hyun?"

A blurry eyed Baekhyun comes running towards me ina slow motion movie like scenario. Everything seemed dreamlike, I drifted in and out of an delusional imaginative state.

All I could hear, sentences chopped into quarters, eights, and sixteenths. It nearly felt like a dream to me until my ear drums beginning resounded with hollering and beckoning.

"Juri..."

"Baek... hyun?"

"JURI! GET OUT OF HERE! RUN!" 

I regained some sense in myself and immediately took flight. My legs somehow regained a boosting serum, I ran faster than I ever could.

The only goal was to reach the end.

 

The end.

It's there.

I stretch out my arm ready to burst through it.

It was like a liquid bubble encasing itself around me.

Awaiting the glistening sun, the bright meadows and fluffy clouds; I opened my eyes.

Black.

Desolate.

Charred.

Suho, D.O, Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun strewn on the dusty ground with bruises and burn marks. 

And... Baekhyun, streaked with slashes over his arms and soot upon his face.

Everything that brightened him was as dark as the deepest abyss.

No light. No warmth. Just the cold wind.

No, it can't really be happening. Just a very bad nightmare.

 

I gasped, as if my heart stopped a beat. Trees, grass, river, everything looked normal. What happened? 

"GAH!"

​A cry for help emitted deep within the forest, swarms of birds raced out from the spot and charged towards me.

"EEEEEK!" I pressed against my ears and they flew past. The delicate feathers brushing across my fore arms like fine double edged swords. 

"BAEKHYUN!"

Another cry from the forest, it sounded like Kai.

Smoke slowly starts to gather from the forest treetops, clouds begin to gather. The air smelt of burning fumes. A fire. An instinct shot right through me, that nightmare would not become a reality.

Never.

 

The smoke grew denser as I charged in deeper.

Havoc was all I could describe.

A black shadow shooting past Suho to and fro, leaving him no time to react. Another black shadow delivering punches towards both Kai and Sehun. Chanyeol, down and being stomped and trampled. D.O pushed against trees and hurled around.

Baekhyun, bloodied and trembling around countless shadows fast as lightning passing by him like teleporters.

Mess with my friends, you guys will never live to see daylight again.

I took a step, and as almost as I commanded it, a bow and a bunch of arrows rolled over to my feet. I picked it up, my arms took control.

Tightening my control, I steadied my arrow over to the black shadow.

The feathers of the arrow slid across my cheeks as I released it. 

Bulls eyes in the chest. Score for Juri.

It still was not over, each member came crumbling down. I pulled out three arrows and aimed it over at Chanyeol's direction. The figures moved swiftly, there was no telling whether there were one or a million of them.

I released it confidently nonetheless. Bulls eyes again, maybe it was one too many arrows. The shadow dropped motionless onto the floor. Resounding sounds of the dead body ran through the ground, one by one the shadow figures turned their heads and glared at me.

This was not good.

"Juri, you might want to cover your eyes." Baekhyun rested his hands on my shoulders, with a twinkle in his eyes.

As if on command, each member quickly cupped their eyes tightly. This is something I better follow.

One.

Two.

Three.

A blinding flash surrounded me and then it halted.

I peered open, the figures was all crouching down and grasping onto their heads.

"Sehun! Now!" Suho ordered.

A gust of wind blew through the forest and swept the shadows off towards the river.

"Kai, hurry, Sehun can't hold them much longer." Suho barked.

"You better not regret wherever I take you guys, you know I-"

"Just do it!" Baekhyun intercepted.

What was going on?

Each member linked their hands while Baekhyun holds onto my shoulder.

"I can't hold them much longer!!"

"Kai!"

I looked back, the shadow wielding a gun aimed at me.

BANG!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

FWOOSH!


 

alrighties guys, 

SHOCK AND ALL:
this story has just finished here.

BUT GOOD NEWS:
there's a sequel coming
and it's featuring some very special people!

look forward to 
MISSION CODE: EXO II
~preview coming soon~

with much love until the next series,
~travellator~