The Beginning of the Ride of a LIfetime

We Meet Again

 

                It was your first day as Block B’s manager, and you were beyond excited. Slipping into a pair of dark skinny jeans and a simple light grey tank top, you continued getting ready. Adding a loose fitted darker grey sweater with a pair of knee-high silver-grey boots and additional accessories, you applied light make-up before heading out the door. You had asked your neighbor if she could take Zeus out later, so you didn’t have to worry about him as you headed into Stardom Ent yet again. You met the members of Block B in the recording studio. No one noticed you as you entered the room and you noticed it was Park Kyung who was currently recording. Listening to his rap and watching his movements, you smiled. You then noticed U-Kwon sitting in a chair nodding his head to the beat. Smiling, you snuck up behind him and covered him eyes with your hands.

   “YAH!”

He turned swiftly only to see you stifling your laughter. A smile stretched across his face and he jumped up to wrap you in a bone-crushing hug.

    “Y-Yah… U-Kwon.. I can’t.. b-breath!” You gasped. He released you immediately and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

“Ah.. Mianhae..” You chuckled and sat beside him, continuing to listen to Kyung. When he was finally done,  he exited the booth and looked at you in surprise along with the rest of the members. U-Kwon stood, pulling you with him and introduced you.

    “Guys! This is Kristy, the one I was telling you about? She’s our new manager.” He told them. They all smiled at you and introduced themselves, though you already knew who they were.

“So, tell us about yourself.” P.O asked you. You smiled.

    “Well, I’m from America, Ohio to be exact. My favorite food is spaghetti, bibimbop, curry, shushi… and a lot more. My favorite colors are blue, green and black. I’m 5’7 and weigh 140 pounds. I moved here with my friend Allison, who is a massage therapist. She’s pretty good too. Maybe I can get her to massage you sometime. Uhm…. I think that’s it… for now.” You told them. “OH! And I love k-pop.”

 “Well you obviously know who we are. So, what’s your favorite song and member?” Jaehyo asked you, a smile on his lips. you felt a faint blush dust your cheeks as you took a glance as Kyung, who was looking at you expectedly.

      “Uhmm.. My favorite song is Movie’s Over and my favorite member……” You glanced at Kyung again and looked down. “Kyung…” You murmured quietly. They all leaned forward.

“What was that?” U-Kwon asked, a sly smile on his face. You scowled at him.

     “Kyung!” You told them. Said person looked at you surprised before smiling sweetly. Your blush increased and you looked away. The members began teasing you and a pout formed on your lips. the rest of them began to record except Kyung, who took a seat beside you and wrapped his arm around you, pulling you towards him. You felt your cheeks burning as you looked anywhere but at him. You heard him chuckle and felt him lean his head on your shoulder.

    “So…. What do you love about me?”

“Everything.” You answered without hesitation, making him outright laugh. A smile tugged at your lips as you heard it.

       “Specifically.” He told you. You pondered it for a moment before looking at him shyly.

   “Your personality and the way you present yourself.” You told him confidently. He smiled sincerely and you felt your heart skip a beat as it was directed at you.

     “Have I ever met you before?” He asked you quietly. You froze as memories of your past flashed through your mind.

Memories of you and a boy walking down the beach talking happily. He was a year older than you and always managed to make you smile. When you departed back to America, you looked into his eyes, tears welling up in your own. He wiped away the ones that escaped and brushed his lips over your own. You were frozen as he whispered into your ear before departing on his own plane back to South Korea.

You were snapped back to reality when you felt a hand caressing your cheek. You turned to see Kyung’s face not 4 inches from your own. Your blush increased as you felt him lean closer, his eyes narrowing slightly. As your own eyes began to close, the door to the recording box opened and B-Bomb walked out. You and Kyung separated immediately and he quickly removed him arm from your shoulders.

  For the rest of the day, you and Kyung avoided eye contact and kept a distance from one another. When their schedule was finally over and you could finally go home, you bid good-bye to the boys and began the walk home. You didn’t drive because you always lived close to work. Your new job was a little further, but the walk wasn’t unbearable. You enjoyed it, as it gave you time to yourself and allowed you some peace as k-pop blasted into your ears probably too loud, but you didn’t really care. When you arrived back home, you walked to a door in your living room. Knocking softly before opening it, you stepped into the flat right next to yours.

     “Arrison~” You called out. Your friend walked into the room from the kitchen dressed in shorts and a large t-shirt and smiled.

“Annyeong~ You’re just in time for dinner.”

Allison was your friend who you had moved to Seoul with you and worked as a massage therapist at a spa. She was also a good cook and you frequently visited her house after work to eat with her.

    “So, how was your new job?” You began telling her about the members, and about the incident with Kyung. She freaked out.

     “Really?! OMO! That’s so awesome! Do you think he remembers you?” She asked. You shrugged your shoulders. “Well, he did ask you if he had met you before.”

The two of you continued your conversation and ate the lasagna she had made for dinner. When you were both done she walked you to the door and bid you a goodnight.

    “Bye-bye Eunni!” You told her smiling, using some of your rare aegyo. She giggled and waved.

“Sleep well my precious dongsaengie~”

 

For the next month and a half you worked hard as Block B’s new manager, trying to make them and CEO proud. The pay was good and you had an extremely rare day off, so you decided to go shopping. Allison was working so you decided to text U-Kwon and see if he wanted to go with you.

To: U-Kwon Oppa(:

From: Me

Oppa~~ Are you busy today?

                A few minutes later you felt your phone vibrate, signaling a new message.

From: U-Kwon Oppa

To: Me

Nae. I’m going to visit my family for the day. Waeyo?

                You sighed in disappointment, but soon dismissed it. He probably hadn’t seen them in a while and deserved this day off. You quickly replied.

To: U-Kwon Oppa

From: Me

Oh~ nevermind. I was going to see if you’d like to accompany to go shopping.

You went to the kitchen to retrieve a banana, a new message awaiting you when you returned to the couch.

From: U-Kwon Oppa

To: Me

Aigoo~ I’m so sorry): Everyone else is busy but Kyungie~ I’ll ask him if he wants to go with you(;

As you read it your eyes widened and you began to furiously began to text him back, telling him it was ok and not to worry about it. As you were about to hit the ‘send’ button, the ‘new message’ icon popped up. You sighed and opened it.

From: U-Kwon Oppa

To: Me

He wants to go~ He’ll be there in 2o minutes. Have fun and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do! (;

 As you read it, your phone slipped through your hands, landing with a thud on the floor.

 ’20 MINUTES?!’

You rushed into your room to get ready. Putting on a pair of ripped shorts and a sparkly gold top with a pair of black and gold heels, you put on light make-up and ran a brush through your hair. As you taped a note to the inside of Allison’s flat asking her to please take Zeus out when she gets home, a knock sounded at the door. You ran to open it, revealing a handsome Kyung. He was wearing dark wash jeans with a black t-shirt and white and blue shoes. Taking in his appearance you smiled appreciatively. He smirked as he did the same to you.

-Kyung’s POV-

Omo… She looks so cute. And she has such a nice sense of fashion! Oh.. those heels make her legs look so nice…. Gosh… I wonder if this is the same girl I met back in middle school. You see, when I was in middle school I got the opportunity to go to New Zealand for 2 years to study. While I was there, I met this girl who was one year younger than me, but in the same grade. We became friends and class and soon began to spend time together whenever possibly. We grew closer and soon I began to develop feelings for her, and I could tell she felt the same. I never did anything about it. I mean, I was from Korea. She was from America. It would have never worked out and we would have just ended up heartbroken. Now, I had a second chance of getting her, and I’m not going to give up until I do.

-Your POV-

  As you walked along the streets with Kyung, your thoughts drifted back to your time in New Zealand. You had skipped a grade in middle school and was able to travel to New Zealand to study for two years. While there you met a boy from South Korea who was in the same grade, but one year older. You felt a connection with him the first time you saw him and as you two became friends and began spending time together, your feelings for him developed into something more. When the time came for you to return to America and he to Korea, you were heartbroken. You thought you were never going to see him again, and the thought scared you immensely.

                Shaking off the thoughts, you focused on the present and the man walking quietly beside you, seemingly lost in his own thoughts. As you passed by the Starbucks you used to work at, you suddenly pulled him into it and straight into the short line. He looked at you surprised.

 “What are you doing?” He asked with a hint of amusement. You smiled at him and motioned towards the menu.

      “Getting some Starbucks!”  Kyung laughed, but followed you to the counter nonetheless.

“Do you want to experience something amazingly delicious?” You asked him.

-Kyung-

Yes. Your lips.

-Back to You-

 He nodded and you placed your order, paying afterwards and handing Kyung his drink. He observed it before taking a sip.

   “What is this?” He asked you, taking another drink. You smiled brightly before exiting the coffee shop.

“That, my young man, is a tall green tea frappuccino. Isn’t it delicious?”

He nodded and smiled, continuing to sip the light green from the cup.

The two of you shopped for hours, enjoying each others company the most. It had been so long since you had spent time like this together. Too long. When you finally returned to you flat, you invited him inside for tea. He accepted and followed you into your home, looking around.

   “This is a lovely flat. Where does that door lead to?” He asked pointing the random-looking door in your living room. You looked to see what he was pointing at and replied through the kitchen.

“Thank you! It leads to my friend’s flat, which is right next door.” You told him, bringing out the cups of tea. Sitting on your soft leather couch, the two of you continued talking about one another, the tea long forgotten and now cold.

                “Kristy… Have you ever been to New Zealand?”

You froze and looked at him, surprise clearly written on your face. You looked away.

   “Yes..” You said quietly.

“Are you perhaps….. the girl I met while I was also there? Are you the girl I fell in love with?

It was as if everything around you froze in time. At his confession, you looked into his eyes, searching for anything to tell if he was lying. There was nothing. As you continued to stare into each others’ eyes, you felt all the feelings and thoughts about him you had buried after returning home resurface all at once. Overwhelmed with emotion and longing to be with him, the only response you could give was a nod as hot tears welled up in your eyes. At your confirmation, Kyung’s lips found yours and he held your face in his hands, wiping away some of the tears that had escaped. Much like the time at the airport many years before. The kiss was slow and passionate, showing each other just how much you cared for once another and how much you missed them. He pulled away and pressed his forehead against yours, releasing a sigh of what seemed to be relief.

   “….I missed you so much….” He murmured . “I was so depressed when I came back I-“ His voiced cracked due to the amount of emotion and you pressed another soft kiss to his lips. He responded immediately and moved his hands from you face down to your shoulders, finally resting them at your waist, drawing circles lazily into your hips bones. Shivers ran down your spine and your hands moved on their own accord to wrap themselves around his neck, playing with the hairs at the nape of it.

The kiss heated up and soon you were pressed into the couch, Kyung hovering above you. You tangled your fingers into his soft brown hair as his hands began moving up and down your sides. Pulling away from your lips for much needed air, he began attacking your neck with sweet kisses along your collarbone, back up to your lips, locking them yet again. Your hands continued moving along his body to slide under his shirt to run over his toned muscles, sending shivers down his body. Soon you both were shirtless and pressed up against one another. You felt something poking at your stomach as his hands traveled lower down your body, your back arching up into him.

    “Hey Kristy~ I-I’LL COME BACK LATER!” Kyung pulled away and turned just in time to see Allison fleeing the room, her face red. He sighed and dropped his head against your chest. You looked down at him and busted out laughing. He looked at you before joining in. When the two of you finally stopped, you were gasping for breath.

   “Ahh~… that was hilarious. Did you see her face?!” You asked him. He climbed off you and slipped his shirt on, handing you yours and nodding.

“Nae… it was funny.” He walked towards you and wrapped you in his arms in a tight hug. Returning the hug just as fiercely, you two embraced each other for what seemed like hours.

     “… I love you..”