At The Beginning

We Meet Again

Here we go!

 

Handing another customer their order you wished them a good day and sighed, looking towards the clock on the back wall. 8:00.

  "...Just another hour Kristy..... then you can go home.." You muttered to yourself as yet another person walked up to place an order. 

"One tall green-tea frappachino and a piece of cinnamon swirl coffee cake, please." You looked up to see one of your favorite people, Kim YooKwon. Yes, you were friends with the lead dancer of the k-pop group Block B. He's like a brother to you.

      "Hey U-Kwon. How's it going?" You asked as his order was being prepared. He smiled and handed you the correct amount of money. 

"Pretty good. How's work?" You sighed and told him about your day. First, your puppy chewed up your favorite pair of heels, then you woke up late, resulting in you being late for work. Then, a rushed customer spilt straight black coffee onto your crisp white shirt. 

         "Wow... That sounds... terrible." He commented after. You nodded you head in agreement and looked back to see how his order was coming along. 

   "What time do you get off?" 

"9." You replied, looking at the clock again. 10 minutes had passed. 

         "Well, how about I come back then and we can go get something to eat. I'll see if I can cheer you up." 

  A smiled graced your lips as you handed his order over. 

"Sounds great!" You said happily.   

           "See you at 9!"

For the next 50 minutes, you doodled on a napkin and served customers. When U-Kwon walked back through the door, you were just signing out, officially ending your shift at the busy coffee shop. 

    "So, where do you want to go?" U-Kwon asked you, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. You shurugged your shoulders and replied with a 'wherever you want to go'. He smiled and pulled you towards a ramen shop, seating you at a small table towards the back. You both ordered large bowls of pork miso ramen, and dug in when it arrived.

   "So," U-Kwon asked, his mouth full of the delicious noodles, "anything new going on in your life?" 

"Yah! Chew with your mouth closed!" 

He swallowed his food before laughing.  "Arraseo, arraseo. Answer my question!" He whined. You laughed at his childish behavior before replying.

    "Not really. Trying to find a different job. I mean, I love drinking Starbucks, but working there is irritating. Most of the customers are annoying and hardly any of them give me exact change!" 

  The two of you continued with your meal, laughing and catching up. 

"You know dongsaeng, Block B needs a new manager...." U-Kwon said catching your interest. You looked at him, urging him to continue. "Personally, I think you're perfect for the job. Your punctual, organized, and know how to deal with people. Maybe you should give it a shot?" 

You pondered the suggestion for a moment before nodding. 

    "Nae.... That sounds like it would be interesting. And I'd get to see you everyday, Oppa!" The brother-like figure across from you chuckled and drank the remaining broth in his bowl, letting out a satisfied sigh as he placed it back down. 

"Ok. I'll set up an interview with our CEO for tomorrow. I'll text you the time and details once I've got everything figured out." 

You nodded and thanked him before parting ways and heading back to the flat you were currently living at. Entering your apartment, your newly attained Rottweiler puppy ran up to you, it’s small tail wagging furiously behind it. You smiled and bent down ran your hands up and down its small body lovingly.

  “How was your day, Zeus? You didn’t get into any trouble did you?” You asked looking around. Walking around your flat, Zeus trailing behind you, you looked for any damage. The only things that seemed to be out of place were a few pillows and blankets on your bed and in the living room. You gave him a treat as a reward for not chewing anything else up and grabbed him leash to take him for a walk. Heading out of your apartment, you headed down the street to a small park a few blocks away. Allowing Zeus to run around, you sat down beneath a tree to relax. Watching your dog run around with so much energy made you smile, thinking about some of the good memories of your childhood. When Zeus was worn out enough, you headed back to sleep. On the way back, you felt your phone vibrate. Pulling it out, you opened the text from U-Kwon.

  To: Me

  From: U-Kwon Oppa(:

Hey~ I just wanted to let you know that I got you an interview for tomorrow! It’s at noon. Make sure to be on time and dress professionally!! Good luck dongsaengie~ ^^

You let out a small cheer of triumph, earning a few stares from passerbys. Ignoring them, you continued on your way, a smile etched onto your face. Entering your home you released Zeus from his leash and went to shower. Climbing into your soft bed you pulled you dark blue, Batman blanket up to your chin and cuddled into the fuzzy white, body-length pillow and fell into a deep sleep.

-Next Morning-

At 10:00 your phone went off, signaling the end of the beautiful thing that is sleep. You let out a frustrated groan and got up, heading to the bathroom to do your business before washing your hands, face, and brushing your teeth. You slipped on a pair of fuzzy ankle boots and took Zeus on a short walk before making yourself some traditional bibimbop for breakfast. Sighing over the delicious meal, your mind drifted to the interview you were going to be headed to in a short hour and a half. After eating, you went to your room, walking into your large closet to pick out what you were going to wear. You finally settled on a golden skirt that went a couple inches above your knees and a thin, long sleeved black button up. Putting on a light layer of make-up, you grabbed the small book bag you always carried with you before heading out the door. Arriving at Stardom Ent. Approximately 10 til 12, you let the receptionist know who you were and what you were there for before taking a seat in the lounge-like waiting area.

   “Miss Kristy? The CEO will see you now.”

You thanked her and took the elevator to the top floor. Exiting, you looked around to see a good sized personal secretary office right outside of the even larger office of the CEO. You smoothed down your hair before moving forward, a smile on your face. The secretary looked up from her computer and gave you a boring look.

   “I take it you’re here for the interview?” She asked in a monotonous tone. You kept silent and chose to nod, raising an eyebrow at her. She rose from her chair and walked gracefully to the door, knocking softly before opening it.

     “Sir, your 12 o’clock interview is here.”

You heard a muffled reply and the secretary looked at you and motioned towards the door.

“Go on in.” With that, you walked carefully through the door, shutting it softly behind you.

     “Ah, you must be Kristy.” You looked up to see a handsome, middle-ages man looking at you, a smile on his face. You gave him a smile and nodded before bowing.

“Annyeonghasseyo, ireumi Kristy inmida. Please treat me kindly.” You told him before he motioned you to sit. Doing so, you crossed your legs and looked at him, waiting for him to begin.

      “So Kristy, why don’t you tell me a little bit about yourself.”

You began to tell him a little about your life in America and your schooling, ending with how you moved to Seoul because you found the language and culture fascinating. Once you were done, the CEO smiled at you and began to ask the normal questions in an interview. Why you wanted the job. What are some of your good qualities? Bad qualities? Why do you think you deserve this job?

 “U-Kwon has informed me that you are extremely punctual, which was proven today, and an organized person. He has told the truth. By your responses and the way you present yourself, I agree with him that you are perfect for this position.” You looked at him with happiness in your eyes and a smile tugging relentlessly at your lips. “With that, its my pleasure to inform you that you have been appointed as Block B’s manager. Congratulations Miss Kristy. I’m sure it will be a pleasure working with you.”

You shook his hand and filled out the appropriate paperwork before being handed a full schedule and being told that you will be starting tomorrow. Exiting the office, you waited until you were in the privacy of the elevator to voice your excitement, you let out a squeal of delight and smiled brightly. You headed home after a long 2 hours and collapsed onto your bed after eating a light snack. You grabbed your phone and called U-Kwon.

    “Yoebosayo?”

“I GOT THE JOB I GOT THE JOB I GOT THE JOB!” You yelled excitedly. U-Kwon cheered and congradulated you on your success, wishing you the best of luck for your first day and told you he’d see you tomorrow before returning to his personal schedule.

     “Ahh~….. This is going to be so much fun!”