Chapter 21 - Aftermath

Love For The Kind Heart [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Huh Gak - It Hurts}

________________________________________

Three months after Chanyeol had left Korea, I was still trying my best to get over it, but of course, being the person that I am, I'll always have my best straight face on and deceive everyone around me into thinking that I was fine.

Minseok and the rest of his friends sometimes dropped by the house to visit Kris, but some other times, they came to see me. And recently, my friends and Kris's friends joined force as a whole group of people and start having barbecue at the back of my house, but for some reason I never tagged along unless of course the youngest people in the group; Tao and Sehun had to use their last option and dragged me.

And some other times, my parents would invite them for a dinner; like yesterday, for example, they invited Baekhyun over without telling me. They talked to each other as if nothing had happened. I would listen to the conversation from time to time, but couldn't really process them all into my brain.

My mom would casually ask “Eunmi, are you going to continue studying?” In front of everyone in the room, and I had to sit there and stare at her like she had grown a couple more heads over her shoulders, then finally I responded with a question in return “What?”

Every time I glanced at Baekhyun, I couldn't help it but remember how he was the causes for Chanyeol to leave. Of course, Kris knew that I was far from being okay. My parents, on the other hand, were too oblivious of the situation because they were getting fonder with the Byun’s family recently. But, thank God, Baekhyun didn’t drop the engagement bomb.

I know that for a fact that my mom and Baekhyun's mother were planning all sorts of activities for our family to do together, just like the old days. I didn’t want to say anything to hurt them or hurt my mom, so I just kept quiet for now and follow along.

-------------------------------------------------

“Eunmi," My father called as he flipped through the newspaper.

I hummed tiredly.

"You're acting weird lately, so quiet," He said.

My family and I gathered in the living room; watching the television, read books or newspaper.

“Yeah,” My mom joined in the conversation “Final exams are over, isn't it? And you already graduated with an amazing results. So what’s the problem?”

I watched the show playing on the TV box with no emotion whatsoever. I turned my attention my parents; my mom was busy peeling the orange skin, and my dad was looking right at me. I did nothing but shrugged my shoulders carelessly and continued watching the television.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed how Kris looked at me with pity in his eyes. He sat on the opposite chair of mine; there was a small coffee table in the middle of the room.

My parents turned to Kris in alarm, hoping wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter