Chapter 17 - Get-away Vacation

Love For The Kind Heart [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Taru - I Hope You Can Be}

___________________________________

Last night, Baekhyun had taken me to some fancy restaurant; later in the evening, he took me to Han river for a walk, more like trying to change my mind about him. I couldn't handle the approach he was using towards me, so I abruptly asked him to get me home quickly. 

I woke up from sleep feeling weird and a tad lost 'Did Chanyeol really kissed me last night? Or was it just a dream?' I sat upright, leaning against the headboard of the bed 'Argh! I'm going crazy!' I ruffled my hair messily 'Chanyeol is kind of cute.' I thought for a moment 'Tsk! What am I thinking?' I sighed in annoyance, for some reason, the moment felt as if the world's burden was weighing on my shoulders.

'What the hell is wrong with all the boys these days?' I rolled around on the bed in a distraught manner, and immediately I straightened my posture 'First, I have this maniac-ex-fiance-ex-best-friend-and all kind of exes next door who still have feelings towards me. Second, I have this quiet-cute-smiley-guy who Is considered as my friend now, and he's got feelings for me too.' I groaned.

I got off the bed and went to freshened up. When I was done, I headed downstairs for breakfast.

It was just my parents and me, "Good morning mom, dad~" I smiled weakly. Kris had gone on a business trip with Uncle Jack to Japan for a couple of days, they'll return to Seoul this weekend.

My parents noticed the bleak atmosphere around me "Eunmi, what's wrong?" My mother asked, "You miss Kris?" 

"Kind of," I continued munching on my toast. 

"Are you dwelling on any problem that we should be worried about? Perhaps, a boy problem?" My father asked carefully.

I choked on that last bite of the bread, coughing like a maniac. "What?" My voice hoarse as I took a sip of the tea in front of me. My parents gave each other a knowing smile while nodding their head at me.

"Tell us, what's going through your head right now?" My mom sipped on her tea. 

I heaved a heavy sigh, "Well, what does it mean when a guy asked you whether it's wrong to have feelings for you and suddenly kisses you on the lips?" added "And if your 'ex' was going to talk about a long broken relationship with you, would you want to hear it or leave right away?" I pushed the plate away and expressed my hopeless-ness-self with my cheek pressed against the table.

"Oh my God! I'm going crazy mom, dad!" 

My mother caressed my hair while a small chuckled escaped out of my dad. They probably knew who the 'ex' was and wondered who was the one that kissed me. 

"Tell me honey, who was the guy that kissed you?" My mom arched her brows with such curiosity.

Instantly, I was up on my feet "Ah..Um...I wasn't talking about me! I was talking about someone else." 

My mother smirked at my dad before smirking at me "Really?"

I stood there questioning myself whether I should lie or be honest. If I lie, they would obviously see through me. I huffed "Fine. You win." I plopped back down on the chair.

My dad had the nerve to laughed at my misery "Tell us, who the gentleman was that had scooped you off your feet?" Your appa cooed.

I blushed scarlet "Chanyeol," I muttered. 

Their eyes widened in surprise, but smiled in delight "He's a nice guy, you know." 

"I know," I nodded, "But it troubles me, knowing that he has feelings for me and if I reject him, it will suffocate me to death to see him hurt." 

My parents sighed in unison "Do what you think is best for you and for everyone else. Think through it carefully." My dad advised.

"Be honest with yourself and most importantly, be honest with him. Don't rush your answer, like your father said, think about it carefully." My mom smiled. I nodded my head with a clear mind and lighter shoulders.

The maids came and took the dishes, the head maid asked "Miss Eunmi, you're not going to school?" 

I giggled sheepishly "No, I'm staying home." I face my mom "Or maybe I'll go shopping with mama~" 

The lady's face lit up "Really?" I nodded which made her smiled even merrier than before.

'Heol, sometimes I think my mother is a girl my age, not a married woman who's got 2 children.' I laughed at the thoughts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter