Chapter 26 - Reunion

Love For The Kind Heart [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: B1A4 - Starlight's Song}

___________________________________


“Is it too late to back out now?” I pout my lips at Hana.

“Pretty much! Now, all you have to do is make your grand-jaw-dropping entrance, and talk to some people you remember and then get the hell out of there, if you want.” She patted my shoulder for a boost of confidence.

The night before my school reunion, I find myself not being able to sleep. I felt like there were too many butterflies in my gut and I was getting anxious by the second.

Luckily Hana was being the best support I needed “Just go and have fun. I know for a fact that you might regret it later if you didn't go.” It’s true.

“You were the most popular girl in that school right? Everyone wanted to be you and be your friend, so own that title but don’t be too cocky. Just be yourself like how you are when you’re with me.” Hana's advice are always the best and there's a positive effect on it.

I took a deep steady breath and finally I felt a little better. I decided to take a short rest; the reunion doesn’t start until 7 PM. So, I had plenty of time to rest. I set my phone alarm to wake me up at 3 PM, just in case. It was 8 in the morning as we speak, so it’s not too rushed.

---------------------------------

7 hours later, the alarm on my phone rang to wake me up. I felt my head thinking clearer than earlier, I stretched my arms and smiled “I will be fine, the reunion will be great.”

I left my bed and took a shower. As soon as I got out of the bathroom, I screamed. Hana scrambled her way into my room.

“Wha-What happened?” She glanced around the room, panic was written all over her face.

I chuckled, “Nothing, I just felt like screaming.”

“Sheesh woman! You could've warned me first.” She sighed in relief before smiling in excitement “So, you’re ready?” The girl nodded her head before leaving me to my own thoughts.

I nodded my head and sat in front of the vanity table and applied some makeup first before putting on my newly bought dress. The dress I bought with Hana weren’t too eye-catching nor was it too dull, it fits my taste. My style of makeup also suits my liking, natural looking makeup.

I was too busy getting ready that I lost track of time, it was now 6:30 PM “OH MY GOD!!! It’s 6:30! I have to go now. Bye, Hana!” I grabbed my purse and the keys to my car and rushed down to the parking area.

“Eunmi, calm down!” I took a deep breath before getting in my car.

------------------------------------------

{BGM: Geeks - Officially Missing You}

_____________________________________


Fortunately, I arrived 5 minutes before 7 PM. I walked towards the reunion ballroom as graceful as I could

I took a couple of deep breaths and told the men, who guarded the door my name “Kang Eunmi.” He went through the list and smiled.

“Welcome back to Seoul High School, Miss Eunmi. Enjoy your reunion.” They opened the double doors and there I stood like a deer caught in the headlight, especially with everyone staring at me.

I entered the ballroom with my head held high, the room was filled with my old classmates. Suddenly, a spotlight shone their way at me and those who had stared, eye me scrutinizingly.

“Welcome to the reunion, Miss Eunmi.” I recognized the voice as the former school president and some familiar faces were also present. Everyone looked equally shocked, doesn’t matter if they were a guy or girl. Momentarily, the murmuring and whispering started. What does it take for them to look away? I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

I bowed respectfully and stood up with a smile etched across my lips. Suddenly, a lady appeared beside me with a mic in her hand, handing me the microphone. I took it nonetheless “Good evening everyone, I’m Kang Eunmi from class 12A.” and handed the mic back to the lady.

Exo-K boys came to me with a bone crushing hug “You’re here! Yay! We missed you!” Sehun beamed. Almost immediately, all of my jitters I had earlier, disappeared.

“Thank God you guys are here too!” I returned the hug I received from Sehun and greeted the rest of the boys.

“Just so you know, Baekhyun is here. You could feel that someone's watching you.” D.O shuddered at the thought of seeing Baekhyun angry.

I chuckled, “Let him stare at me for the whole night, I don't care. I came here to have fun.” I smiled and walked towards our table.

“I’ll go get you a drink.” Kai winked playfully. The other 3 stayed with me, to keep me accompany. However, speaking of the devil himself, he came to my table.

Sehun had warned us beforehand “Angry bacon coming through.”

I chuckled, “Calm down, he won’t kill you.”

“Hey, guys! Eunmi~” He shot me his infamous eye smile.

I didn’t even feel anything. “Baekhyun, what do you want?” I asked flatly.

Kai came back with my drink “Oh ," He approached us nevertheless "Hyung! Hey.”

Baekhyun didn’t reply but glared at him “N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter