Chapter 25 - Two Years Later

Love For The Kind Heart [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Taru - Carrie}

_______________________________________


Fast-forward to two years later, where so much can happen in a year, especially within two. I can proudly say that I've been single ever since! Baekhyun and I are no longer engaged. How? Well, simple! Baekhyun cheated on me. No, actually, Kris and I planned the entire scenario of how he cheated on me.

I still remember it clearly as if it was yesterday. It happened a month after my family and I had the barbeque get-together, a week before I left Seoul to attend my choice of university. That day was supposedly happened to be our anniversary of being together, Baekhyun's words, not mine! I was just waiting for the right time to blow the engagement off and get away from marrying that despicable human being. 

Not long after the barbeque party, where I accidentally exploded in front of everyone. Few days after that, I found out that he was the one behind my kidnapping case and he pretended to be my saviour when he was the devil himself. I also discovered that my parents were trying to break the engagement by delaying the wedding while they figure something out to actually call everything off. I was genuinely touched and I hated myself for doubting them. 

I managed to ignore all of his calls, text, and even his existence right in my house for the entire month, but with his parents visiting every now and then, it was just hard to do so. Especially when his parents asked mine about whether I was purposely avoiding their son. It was uncomfortable for my parents to answer on my behalf and of course, I didn't want to embarrass my parents even though they're trying to help me, and I don't hate Mr. and Mrs. Byun as much as Baekhyun, but Baekhyun always gets what he wants.

The urge to kill him was unbearable, but I had to endure it a little bit longer until it was the right time to bring him down. After I found out about the kidnapping, I told Kris, and he was no different than I was. He was close to assassinating the guy himself, but I told him that it wasn't the time yet.

My brother and I kept the secret from our parents and Uncle Jack. God knows what'll happen if they found out. The Byun's would probably be in prison right now. 

As I was preparing to enter one of the universities that had accepted me, time was constricted where I spent most of the time packing and prepping myself for an independent life that I was about to experience. 

Baekhyun went to Yonsei University; while I chose to attend the Berkeley University of California. So, in the midst of moving out of the country, Kris and I succeeded in executing our plan. We were dead set on ruining his life. 

Having Kris as an older brother, specially blessed with our parents good looks and his amazing socializing skills was a plus. So, he asked one of his friend, a girl who he apparently met during a meeting in Jeju where I had tagged along. The idea may seem cliche, but we told her the entire plan anyway, which she agreed to do wholeheartedly and played the part with perfection. 

The plan happened where my family, Baekhyun's parent, Baekhyun, Kris and I were supposed to have dinner together to celebrate the so-called anniversary at Baekhyun's luxurious apartment. It was like a close family celebration thing. So, it was around evening where the dinner party was about to start. To make the situation looked normal, I went with the elders and Kris by my side.

When we arrived at his apartment, I punched in the passcode to his place. As soon as I opened the front door, I saw Kris's friend pushed the drunk looking Baekhyun down on the sofa and started hovering over him in an appropriate position. 

I faked a gasped, a heartbreaking one with tears rolling down my face. Kris and I also have our own part to play. I pretended to be shocked and devastated by the situation, Kris played the protective angry brother who just found out the fiance to his little sister had cheated on her. 

Mr. and Mrs. Byun walked past my sobbing self and screamed at Baekhyun for his horrible behavior and apologized to my parents and me for the second time. They were genuinely ashamed of Baekhyun. My parents didn’t look bothered by the scene; well let’s just say that they knew it was my doing.

Right there and then, I officially declared to call off the engagement and wedding. With being said that I had accomplished my goal to call off the wedding where Baekhyun once had highly doubted me that I would never be able to bring him down. Well, Mr. Hot Shot, I just did. it Baekhyun! I smirked to myself. 

Kris's friend managed to escape the drama when Baekhyun was being slapped by his da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter