Chapter 5 - The Byun's

Love For The Kind Heart [COMPLETE] ✔
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{BGM: Years & Years - Eyes Shut}

______________________________________

"Mom, I'll be home like yesterday, okay?" I smiled before walking out the door. "EunMi-ah wait." My mother called from the top of the stairs. I spun around to the face her. 

"Please take a rest, I know this kid needs your help but please don't overworked yourself." She held both of my hands in hers "We. Me, your father and Kris are worried about you. Especially your grandpa, please don't make him worry so much, you know it's not good for him." My mother hugged me like she hadn't hugged me in a long time. 

"I'm sorry mom, but I have to go." I could hear her heaving a sigh "When are you going to start learning to let go?" I stopped in my track and sigh silently "See you later mother." I walked out of the house quickly, not wanting to hear another word from her.

As I strode down the stairs in front of my house, I surprisingly meet up with Suho and D.O. Two of my good old friends, both Suho and D.O were close to me and Baekhyun. We knew each other for 11 years now, we were friends back in grade 2. Though now they still attend  the same school and class, I have been pushing them away from my life; since they pretty much remind me everything about Baekhyun.

They had a group name called Exo-K, the rest of the boys have been trying to communicate with me but usually fails to; since all those hectic schedule of mine. My eyes widened in shocked. "EunMi-ah~" Suho was delighted to see me. I pretended as if no one was there, and I quickly try walking pass them.

Then suddenly a hand grab my arm, I face the person; it was Kai "Where are you going EunMi-ah? Are you trying to run away?" I frowned upon the question and the fact that all of my childhood friends, Exo-K are there; in front of me, looking at me like I'm some kind of alien.

"I have to be somewhere, and I'm not running away. So if you'll excuse me." I tried loosen Kai's grip. "Nice try, where exactly is that somewhere?" He smirked. "I have to tutor someone, and you don't have to know who. So please let me go," glared at him.

"Kai, let EunMi go, you're hurting her," Suho said. Kai let my arm go, defeated. I quickly rushed towards my car, without a second glance back Exo-K.

Sehun and Kai heaved a sigh, I know that they were expecting to have a long talk with me. They didn't come all the way to my house for nothing, so they went ahead and pressed the house bell and they were greeted by my mother. She looked delightful to see them again, she hadn't seen them ever since Baekhyun left. They weren't going to just sit, talk and leave.
 


 

"Get it now?" I searched for Chanyeol's eyes. He nodded enthusiastically. "See, it's not that hard. Okay, we're done with Math. Shall we do English now?" I raised my eyebrows. 

"English?" Chanyeol sounded terrified. I chuckled while nodding. "Can't we do the easy work now?" He whined.

"I told you, we'll do the hard one first then we'll end it with the easy one. Get it?" Chanyeol sighed defeatedly. 

1 hour later

"Tsk. That wasn't so hard." Chanyeol looked at his work, proud. I rolled my eyes, "Now, you know it's not." I took a glanced at my wristwatch and it was 6 PM "Woah! It's 6 pm already. I have to go home now. We'll continue tomorrow. Take care." Both of us had spent 4 hours straight in the study room, but, of course, from time to time we had to go to the bathroom, walk a little and eat some snacks.

I left Chanyeol's house feeling satisfied with the fact that he had finished 3 subjects so far. 'It wasn't so hard after all.' I thought.

As I arrived home, I heard noises. It's kind of weird since the house was usually quiet. I entered the house and the head housemaid greeted me "EunMi agasshi~ you're home, just in time for dinner." I smiled.

"Why is there a lot of noises? Who else is in the house?" I frowned.

"You're friends are here, miss." I frowned even more 'Friends? For all I remember I've never invited any of my friends over.' I furrowed at the thought of it.

I headed towards the living room and the noises became louder and clearer. "Yeah!" 3 male voices hollered. As I set foot in the living room, all eyes were on me. My mom, dad, Kris and those 4 boys that I had been avoiding. 

My eyes scanned at everyone in the room, there was no hint of happiness on my face. "I'll be in my room." I slightly bowed my head.

"Wait! Mimi, you don't want to join us here and dinner?" Kris asked, there was a hint of concerned in his voice.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed the look of anxious on all of their faces. I shook my head "No, I'll just be joining you for dinner." I replied with no emotions in my voice, "And please don't call me Mimi again." I walked away, leaving them with a sigh.

 


 

[No POV]

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter