Playing Girlfriend, Day 1

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

ohmygod this picture is sooo perfect its like their friend group LOLOLOL im crying right now my mood is kinda weird ahahahhahahaha.

 

[Heena]

I couldn’t decide if I was in a bad or good mood. Today was Monday, which meant I would have to see that Zico bastard, putting me in a bad mood; but this weekend was a good one, and I was still savoring the happy moments.

It was pretty awkward during dance class with Minhyuk. He still seemed angry at… whatever he was angry at and didn’t talk much.

“Text me if anything weird happens,” Zelo grinned at me as we parted after dance.

I managed to avoid any trouble during the first half of the day, surprisingly.

“No signs of psycho blonde so far,” I said to Zelo as we headed for the lunch room.

“What? Boring…” Zelo said, laughing. He suddenly started laughing harder. I frowned and looked ahead to see what he was laughing at, and groaned.

Zico and his buddies were sitting at the table we usually sat at.

“Let’s run away,” I said, starting to head for the other side of the cafeteria.

Zelo grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him towards Zico, “Oh c’mon. Let’s at least see what they want.”

“Hey,” Zico greeted me, an amused look in his eyes. He scooted over and pulled me down next to him. Zelo sat down across from us.

I took a quick glance around the table. The guys Zico usually hung out with where there, but I didn’t see Minhyuk.

“Let’s go on a date,” Zico said, raising his eyebrows at me. “Girlfriend-ssi.”

“Mm today?” I asked, glancing at Zelo. “I might be a little busy after school.”

“Oh really?” Zico said, looking unfazed. “Then let’s go right now.”

“Right now? Ahhh me too!” Taeil said.

Zico gave him a look, “You’re not coming along on our date.”

“Wait, I want to go too,” Zelo grinned, leaning forward on his elbows. “Let’s all go together, girlfriend-ssi.”

I couldn’t decide if Zelo was saving me or pushing me off the plank.

Zico didn’t look happy, but he probably realized it was either this, or I wouldn’t go at all.

“So how do you ditch at this school?” I finally agreed. “I feel like the psycho teachers wouldn’t be okay with us just walking out.”

“Who cares if they’re not okay with it,” Zico grinned, pulling me out of my seat and wrapping an arm around my waist. “Let’s go y’all.”

“We’re hanging with the bad folks,” Zelo whispered loudly to me.

“Oh no, what if I’m not cool enough…?” I asked Zelo, eyes wide, faking heavy breathing. I took this chance to quickly push Zico’s arm off of me.

Zelo copied my expression, “I don’t know about you, but they might beat me up.”

“ to have a ,” I snickered. “I mean, to be a guy.”

“C’mon,” Zico said, grabbing my hand and pulling me along. “Stop being weird and walk.”

Darn… by now, usually guys would get freaked out at my weird behavior, but Zico seemed pretty chill about it.

I was also aware of the many eyes on us, well, more specifically, me. After all… I was holding hands with Zico, who was supposed to be the at this school, and walking at the head of this… group of shady looking hot guys.

Zico pushed open the door and we walked through the mostly empty hallways without much trouble. Just as we were about to reach the door leading to the parking lot, a familiar voice came from behind us.

“And where do you kids think you’re going?” Miss Yoo, my dance instructor, asked.

Zico tilted his head, “Long time no see Eunkyung.”

Miss Yoo stiffened noticeably, “Jiho, you will refer to me as Miss Yoo.”

“Aw c’mon Eunkyung,” Zico grinned, releasing my hand to take a step closer to the teacher. “Going back to calling me Jiho? Why so formal? After all we’ve done together…”

“Woo Jiho,” she said shakily. “This behavior is unacceptable. If you continue this, I’ll send you to the principal.”

“Do it,” Zico dared, a smile on his face that didn’t reach his eyes. He stared at her steadily with cold eyes. “I won't have to say much to get you fired, Eunkyung.”

Miss Yoo drew in a shaky breath.

I turned to Zelo and hiked a thumb at Miss Yoo, mouthing exaggeratedly, “.”

Zelo whispered back, “Do you think I could get a night too?”

“Maybe,” I whispered loudly. “You should ask.”

“Interesting conversation you two are having,” Zico said, turning his head slightly towards me. He turned back to Miss Yoo, “So… nice talking to you, but we gotta go. Later.”

Zico strode out confidently, half dragging me along.

“Stop walking so fast,” I said when we were halfway through the parking lot, a little out of breath. “Or let go of my hand. I'm not as tall as you.”

I hadn't noticed until now, but he was actually really tall… near Zelo’s height.

Zico laughed, “Sorry, sorry, I’ll slow down.”

As we walked to the end of the parking lot, I frowned up at him. He really didn’t seem all that bad now that I was actually interacting with him…

Unless… this was all a part of his evil plan to make me think he’s a good guy then do something really bad.

Or maybe he has a bipolar disorder.

I turned my head and whispered to Zelo, “How do people with a bipolar disorder act?”

“Like,” Zelo nodded towards Zico.

“Ohhhh,” I said exaggeratedly.

Zico gave me a weird look and pulled out a set of keys. He got into the driver’s seat of a white BMW. “Get in Haemi.”

The group packed into two cars, the other one belonging to PO, the deep voiced 2nd year.

“So where’re we going?” PO asked Zico.

“Haemi, you said you can't stay out late, right?” Zico asked me.

“Uh,” I threw another glance at Zelo. “Right…”

“Well, you might want to tell your parents you won't be home for a while,” Zico grinned. He turned back to PO, “Let’s play at Namsan.”

PO gave the okay sign and asked playfully, “Race?”

“Loser buys dinner?” Zico asked, raising his eyebrows. “You always lose though.”

PO was persuaded by the cheers from the people in his car, “Not this time.”

“Ready?” Zico laughed.

“Set,” PO grinned.

“Go!” they both laughed, racing out of the parking lot.

From behind me, Zelo nudged my shoulder, “Seatbelt missy. If boyfriend-nim crashes, you’ll be the first to die.”

“Right,” I rolled my eyes.

“So Haemi, liking our school so far?” Taeil asked from the back, seeming unfazed by the rough driving. They must do this often…

“Um…” I said, debating what to say. “I won't say I like it, but it’s not that bad. Pretty boring though.”

Taeil laughed, “Don’t worry. Once you start hanging out with us, it won't be boring.”

“Zelo,” I gave him a wide mouthed, wide eyed look. “I think we’ve just been accepted into the cool kids club.”

“Cool kids club, all spelled with k’s?” Zelo asked, his eyes equally wide. I gave him an enthusiastic nod.

Taeil laughed happily, “You two are so funny when you guys do that. Earlier in front of Eunkyung? That was hilarious.”

“Oh damn, not a lot people think what we do is funny,” Zelo laughed. “We mostly do it to annoy and mock people.”

“I think it’s funny,” Taeil laughed some more. “Zico, don’t you think it’s funny?”

Zico suddenly floored it to narrowly drive through a yellow light.

“Taeil, you just think it’s funny because you think Haemi’s hot,” Zico said, looking at him through the rear-view mirror.

“And not me?” Zelo demanded. Taeil and I cracked up, and even Zico laughed a little.

“Oh yeah, so you guys got me curious,” I said, pausing while I jerked forward slightly from a fast brake. “Miss Yoo? So what’s the deal?”

Taeil laughed and Zico snickered.

“You started it Zico,” Taeil said.

Zico snorted, “She started it. Flirted with me while I was in her class last year. During winter break, I ran into her outside of school, and one thing just led into another and… yep.”

“She kinda got tossed around though,” Taeil snickered. “You, Taec, Jaehyo, and most recently Minhyuk.”

“ went to the others when I wouldn’t sleep with her again,” Zico shrugged.

I raised an eyebrow. Taeil answered my unasked question.

“Everyone’s had a night with Zico, but never twice,” Taeil said. “Surprising you don’t have STDs or anything.”

“So most of you guys sleep around?” I asked, turning around to face Taeil, who I would totally think to be a .

“Not most,” Zico laughed. “All.”

“Whoa, baby-face sunbae, you’re not a ?!” Zelo asked, thinking my thoughts exactly.

Zico laughed and Taeil rolled his eyes. “None of us are. Speaking of which, you two?”

Zelo and I exchanged quick glances.

“We’re both s,” I said. “Unless… Junhong has something he isn't telling me.”

“Nah, still am,” Zelo said. “Unless… I was too drunk to remember… I’ve woken up a couple times next to a girl after a night of partying…”

I laughed, “If you put it like that, then Daehyun or one of the others could’ve taken my ity a while ago without me knowing.”

I was glad the two of us were able to joke about this so lightly and casually.

“Ah, what?” Taeil asked, eyes wide with interest. “So you two are innocent, but not completely?”

“Something like that,” Zelo smirked.

I was about to add on, but I gasped as Zico slammed on the breaks, throwing us forward. The seatbelt dug painfully into my chest, but stopped me from flying forward and probably dying.

“We’re here,” Zico grinned. “And looks like I won again.”

A couple minutes later, PO’s car arrived.

“What the hell? How’d you get here so fast?” PO demanded as we all got out of the cars.

Zico winked at him.

PO sighed, “Alright boys- and lady, it’s on me tonight.”