Tension

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

[Zelo]

I stumbled home maybe around 2am and crashed on my bed.

I really needed to stop doing this… especially on school nights… it was only Tuesday.

***

“Heena…” I groaned. “I don’t think I can go to school…”

I was hung over and dying.

Heena crouched down next to my face and was silent. I opened my eyes to see her making a face she rarely shows.

Fear.

“Are you sure you can't go today…?” she asked quietly.

I put a hand on her head and messed up her hair.

“Stop making that face,” I said, forcing myself to get up. “I’ll go.”

 

I knew something was wrong… very wrong. But I didn’t want to ask Heena about it directly. Probably would just make her remember it again.

I didn’t need to ask her anyways. I already knew who it was about.

He would answer my questions.

I was going to make him.

 

[Minhyuk]

“What’s wrong?” Taeil asked Zico as we headed to school together. Zico was in possibly the worst mood I’d ever seen him in, which was really saying something.

“ off,” Zico growled, sticking his hands in his pockets and pasting an ‘I will ing kill you if you talk to me’ look on his face.

“What’s his deal…” I muttered.

Park Kyung snickered, “Didn’t you take Haemi over to your place yesterday? What, things didn’t go right? Got rejected for the first time Zico?”

Zico spun around and spat, “Shut the up.”

He said it with such intensity that even the ever jabbering Park Kyung shut it.

***

“Hey,” I said experimentally to the quiet Haemi. She gave me a barely audible response.

During the whole period, she didn’t say a word, didn’t look up, her expression never changed.

What the heck happened…

“Whoa!” I exclaimed as Haemi swayed and lost consciousness. I caught her in my arms, gently shaking her, “Haemi? Haemi?”

Up close, I noticed how pale she looked and the dark bags under her eyes.

“What happened?” Miss Yoo demanded.

Junhong pushed through the crowd and cupped Haemi’s face, “Heena? Heena wake up!”

He pulled Haemi from my arms and easily lifted her. “I’m taking her to the nurse.”

 

[Zelo]

“Just fatigue and dehydration,” the nurse said, patting my shoulder. “Nothing terrible. Your sister will be fine.”

With clenched fists, I watched Heena’s sleeping face, looking pale and sickly.

This bastard was not getting away with this.

***

Lunch period.

I approached Zico’s table, slamming my hand down on the table and staring at Zico. Everyone at the table stopped talking and looked at Zico or me. I tilted my head towards the door leading to the courtyard.

Zico stared at me, his eyes cold, but he stood up and followed me outside.

“Where’s Haemi,” Zico asked me, leaning back against the brick wall.

I clenched and unclenched my jaw, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath.

“She went home sick,” I finally said. “Fainted during dance.”

“She what?” Zico asked, the previous hardness gone from his voice. “Is she okay?”

“No,” I spat. “And I’m assuming it’s because of you. Tell me what the you did to my sister.”

Zico didn’t answer and just took a shaky breath. He tried to walk back to the cafeteria, but I grabbed his shoulder and roughly threw him against the wall again. I punched the wall next to his face, leaning in.

“Tell me,” I growled. “Now.”

Zico slowly met my eyes, quiet words coming from his lips.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t know… she was a victim…”

Anger ripped through my mind and I grabbed Zico by his collar.

 “You ing bastard,” I yelled, socking him in the jaw.

Zico slowly touched his now bleeding lip, then looked at me, his eyes livid.

“I don’t want to deal with you right now,” Zico yelled, pushing me back and kicking me in the stomach.

The pain didn’t even register as ran at Zico, screaming.