New Life, Old Memories

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

 

“Oh… wait… why’re we gonna go to a private school, oppa?” I frowned when I saw a brochure for some fancy school tucked into one of the bags. The hell…?

“We are?” Zelo, my twin, demanded.

Yongguk shrugged from behind the wheel. He smirked, “Something about ‘wanting you two to have the best high school experience possible.’”

“Bull,” Zelo laughed harshly. “We spent our first year of high school at the shadiest in-city public high school.”

“Private school… ugh,” I said. Although I was complaining, deep inside, very deep, I was glad we were finally transferring out of MCHS.

“ to be in high school,” Yongguk said. “Now stop talking to me. I keep losing Dad’s car because of you two.”

We were on the busy streets of Gangnam, on our way to our new house. The neighborhood was only about a twenty-thirty minute drive from our old house, but apparently the place was one of the richest neighborhoods of Seoul, quite different from our old neighborhood.

“Seoul Music and Arts Academy,” Zelo read from his phone. “I just looked the place up. SA for short; apparently ‘one of the most prestigious music and arts schools in Korea’. The audition process is supposedly super selective. Wait… what the hell? When did we go through this super selective audition process?”

“Dad sent in videos of your guys’ stuff,” Yongguk answered. “And apparently he’s like bffls with the principal.”

“And you knew all this and didn’t tell us…” I muttered. “Awful older brother.”

“Oh don’t hate,” he grinned.

“Whatever,” I said. “Zelo, anything else?”

“SA excels in: singing, instrumental music, dancing of all styles, composing, acting, and academics,” Zelo read. “The number of awards the students and the school won are countless. So many that almost every hallway is decorated with awards.”

“The school sounds mental,” I concluded.

“ing insane,” Zelo agreed. “Hyung, do you think Mom and Dad’ll get mad if I got expelled during the first week?”

“Weak. I could so do first day,” I laughed.

“Yeah, probably,” Yongguk said. “I heard they're really uptight. Like stereotypical old-fashioned Korean schools.”

“Hm… they’re gonna love us,” I said, twirling a lock of my bleach blonde hair. Zelo and I are both blonde, been since middle school, and we didn’t plan on changing that anytime soon.

I looked out the window and saw well-polished apartment buildings towering around us. We were almost there.

As I predicted, we soon drove down into a basement parking lot. The lot was full of expensive cars, Mercedes, Lambos, Ferraries, Porches, etc. Yongguk’s Mercedes fit right in.

“Heena, when should we get mad at Mom and Dad?” Zelo asked me before we got out of the car.

“Not now,” I said, thinking. “We’ll use it against them later when we need something.”

“Aight,” Zelo grinned, pushing open the door.

“Excited to see our new house?” Mom asked.

“Yeah~” I replied with fake enthusiasm. I didn’t really care, to be honest. Carrying a few items, we made our way up to the thirteenth floor. Dad keyed in the passcode and opened the door.

The apartment was roomy, but messy with all of our furniture and boxes piled up in the middle. The place was divided so that two bedrooms were on one side of the apartment and the other three rooms were on the other side, the kitchen and living room in the middle. It was obvious how the room arrangements were to work.

“I call this room,” Yongguk immediately said as Mom and Dad went off to see their rooms. “Need to be closest to the door so that I can sneak in and out.”

“Then I want this room,” I said, choosing the one with the bathroom. There were three bathrooms total, one in this room, one in our parents’ room, and one in the hallway outside our rooms. “You two can share the bathroom out there.”

“So this’s my room?” Zelo said, walking into the room with big windows covering most of one wall. “Perfect. Windows just in case I decide to commit suicide.”

“Kids! Come help us unpack!” Dad called from the living room.

“Coming, coming!” Zelo said. He then turned to me, “Hey, a friend just texted me, asking if we wanted to go to norebang. He can pick us up at midnight. What should I say?”

“Norebang? Who…?” I asked.

“Daehyun and Jongup,” Zelo said, biting his lip. Those two were probably our closest friends at MCHS, and they were good people, but if they brought the others… then trouble might happen.

“Let’s just go,” I sighed.

***  ***  ***

11:30 PM.

I threw on a deep cut v-neck shirt, squeezed into a pair of skinny jeans, and put on a jacket. The door connecting my room to Zelo’s silently opened and Zelo entered.

“Ready?” he mouthed. I nodded.

11:45 PM.

We silently crept to the front door and put on our shoes. Now came the tricky part. The door always made a biririp! noise when it was opened. Zelo put a towel over the machine then opened the door, muffling the noise.

Success. We were out.

As we took the elevator down to the first floor, I realized my hands were slightly trembling. I quickly tucked them away, but Zelo still noticed.

“Don’t worry,” he gently nudged me. “Nothing’s gonna happen. I doubt he’ll even come.”

I sighed, “Zelo, I don’t hate him. Don’t talk like that…”

“Mm, I’m still not gonna let him do anything to my little sister again,” Zelo said to me. I sighed, closing my eyes, wanting to stop the memories from rushing at me. My attempts were futile.

 

“Are you new here? I haven’t seen you around,” he asked me. He looked friendly. He looked nice.

“I’m a first year, so I guess you could say I’m new to this school,” I said, laughing lightly.

His eyes widened, a sudden smile playing at his lips, “No way, you’re a first year? You don’t look like one.”

“Yep, I’m Haemi, first year,” I smiled.

 

“Hey, we’re on the first floor,” Zelo said, pulling me out of the elevator. I snapped out of my daze and followed Zelo quietly until we were out of security grounds. I spotted the familiar silver van.

“What took you guys so long?” Daehyun asked as we entered the van. I was about to take a seat in the first row, but a hand pulled me to the back row. My eyes hadn't adjusted to the darkness yet, but I immediately knew who it was.

Kai.

Zelo knew what was going on but I gave him a small shake of my head.

Kai pulled me onto his lap despite the fact that we were only ones in the back row.

“I didn’t know you were coming,” I said, struggling to keep my voice light as Kai’s arms wrapped around my waist.

“How could I not come? I missed you too much,” Kai replied, his lips right next to my ear. I could feel his breath tickling my neck, making my heartbeat accelerate.

“Jeez Heena, sensitive as ever,” Kai laughed, lightly pressing his lips to my neck.

I couldn’t stand it any longer.

“C’mon Kai, you’re not even gonna let me see your face?” I said, effectively pushing myself off of Kai’s lap. Even through the darkness, I could see Kai’s handsome facial features. As I cupped his face with my hands, a smile appeared on his face. The same smile he had greeted me with the first time. Suddenly, I felt like I could forget the past and start all over with Kai.

No. I scolded myself.

It was always like this with Kai. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t hate him. False. No matter how hard I tired, I couldn’t not love him.

Kai’s smile slowly turned into a frown.

“I thought you were gonna kiss me…” he said. “How long are you gonna keep me waiting?”

Bracing myself on the inside, I slowly leaned in until our lips met. 

 

FIRST CHAPTER <3 hmm I hope it's not too confusing..... But gahhhhh bang and zelo and Kai are so hot I can't concentrateeeee