Fresh Reminder

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

mr kai looking goooooood

[Heena]

“Let’s go,” Zico said, reaching down to grab my hand.

“Huh…?” I asked, looking at Zelo and taking another from my ice cream cone. We were just about to head home “Where?”

“My place,” Zico said, tilting his head. “To pick up the clothes from yesterday?”

“Oh…” I said slowly. “Right…”

“Clothes?” Zelo asked, taking a sip of his ice coffee.

“Clothes,” Zico confirmed. “Alright, later Zelo. C’mon Haemi, let’s go.”

I got dragged off, shooting Zelo a ‘omg save me’ look. He just laughed and waved bye.

 

[Zelo]

I waved bye to my sister and turned around to head home.

Hm… did I make a bad choice?

I debated the question the rest of the way home. I was too preoccupied with my thoughts to notice the familiar black car parked a few paces ahead of me.

I stopped in my tracks, my ice coffee halfway to my mouth, and a slight open-mouthed expression on my face.

After deciding that it was probably just Daehyun and Jongup again, I put the straw in my mouth and casually walked up to the car.

Ah… unlucky me.

“Long time no see,” Kai grinned at me, stepping out of the car. His smile disappeared when he noticed that I was alone, “Where’s Heena…?”

“She went to a friend’s,” I said casually. “What brings you guys here?”

“You guys were always too busy to hang out with us, so I came here to find you. Just that…” Kai said, trailing off.

Just that he didn’t find who he was actually looking for.

“Sorry hyung,” I said, realizing how distant we had become over half a year. I almost missed the old days… “Maybe try again next time. I’ll tell her to call you.”

I walked a couple steps past him, planning on just going home, but he grabbed my arm.

“And where do you think you’re going?” Kai smirked, pushing me into the car. “We can just a have a men’s night out.”

I laughed, but on the inside, I was dreading it: another night of drinking and partying.

[Heena]

“You look like a little kid with that in your hand,” Zico said as we walked to his apartment.

“Never too old for ice cream,” I said, taking another .

Zico leaned over and took a huge bite out of my cone, smirking at me.

“Hey!” I laughed, instinctively reaching up to wipe off the ice cream on his lips. My brain caught up with my actions and I quickly pulled my hand away, looking away.

Zico gave me an amused look, but didn’t say anything.

 

“Ah, here,” Zico said, unlocking his door. We were at a high-class apartment complex and the inside of his apartment was not disappointing.

“You live alone?” I asked, stepping inside.

“Mhm,” Zico answered, pulling back the curtains to let sunlight stream in through the windows. “My parents travel for work.”

“Where’re the clothes?” I asked, planning on just leaving right away.

“In my room,” Zico said, nodding at a door. I opened the door and walked inside, hearing Zico following me.

“You kept the necklace on,” Zico said, his fingers brushing against the back of my neck. I held back the urge to shiver and turned around, taken back by how close Zico was to me.

I took a step back, but Zico easily filled the space between us. I took another step back, but I was stopped by the wall.

“Haemi,” Zico said, a crooked grin on his face. “You couldn’t have come here expecting to just take the clothes and go.”

“Actually,” I said, trying to steady my voice. “That was the plan.”

Laughing slightly, Zico rested his arm next to my head, his face only inches from mine.

“I guess there’ll be a change of plan then,” Zico murmured, his breath blowing on my face.

Zico pressed his lips against mine. He was gentle at first, but the more I resisted, the rougher he became.

I finally managed to tear my lips away from his, gasping. “Stop.”

Slightly out of breath, Zico laughed and bent down, throwing me easily over his shoulder. He threw me onto his bed and climbed up on top of me, pinning both my arms above my head with one hand.

“Stop?” Zico mused, tracing my jawline with a finger. “Sorry, but I don’t think I can.”

His finger trailed down my neck until his hand reached my uniform collar. Swiftly and easily, he ed my shirt. Panic was rising in my heart as I felt the familiarity of this situation. No… no…

 

[Zico]

“Damn girl,” I whistled. “Pretty nice body you’ve got here.”

I pressed my lips to the base of her neck, taking in her sweet scent.

But then… she started shaking…

Confused, I looked up to see tears running down her face. Taken back, I loosened my grip on her wrists, unsure what exactly was going on or what exactly I was supposed to do.

Was this girl actually crying…? I thought she was just playing hard to get this whole time…

Wait… there’s never been a time when a girl would start crying from this. Sure, some have resisted, but they usually dropped the act before long.

The words that came out of my mouth were a shock to me.

“I’m… sorry. Stop crying… please,” I said, releasing her wrists. She covered her face with her hands, continuing to silently cry. I noticed how red her wrists were…

“Haemi… I’m sorry…” I said softly, quickly buttoning her shirt.

Holy mother ing what the ing hell was I doing right now…

 

[Heena]

I could feel my body shake as the memories poured down on me. The disgusting feeling… feeling dirty, feeling tainted… the pain…

I distantly felt that Zico had stopped. He buttoned my shirt again. He was telling me he was sorry. But I couldn’t pull myself out of this mental shock. I couldn’t pull myself together.

As I continued to cry, Zico pulled me into arms, cradling me gently. Gradually, my sobs quieted and my breathing slowed. I felt weak… I felt tired.

“Haemi…?” Zico asked quietly.

I finally opened my eyes and looked at him straight in the face. I opened my mouth and said softly,

“How would you feel if I told you I’m a victim.”

 

[Zico]

I froze.

victim…?

No way…

I searched her reddened eyes and I knew she was serious.

What… did I just do to this girl…

“Haemi… Haemi I'm sorry… I'm sorry,” I whispered. “I’m sorry…”

“I’ll keep my promise about the rest of this week,” Haemi said, taking in a big breath to steady her voice. “But after that, never talk to me again. I don’t even want to see your face.”

Haemi stood up slowly as if she was in pain and head for the door. I went after her, and grabbed her shoulders as she swayed. She flinched at my touch and pulled away from me.

I let my arms fall to my sides and just watched silently as Haemi left.