"Try Oppa"

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

 

omo... kai so beautiful.... ah.. i'm dying... 

[1 year ago]

“Look, look, look! It’s them!” my friend squealed, clutching my arm painfully, her nails digging into my arm.

“Ow, ow, Yoomi!” I whisper yelled, struggling to free myself from her death grip. “Who are you talking about?”

Them!” she said excitedly. I looked around and saw who she was squealing about. A group of about six students were walking through the hallway, and excuse me for using the word but they seemed to have so much… swag. There were five guys and one girl, and they all seemed like upperclassmen. As they walked, the chatter in the hallway died down a bit as everyone’s attention was drawn to the group.

“They’re a legend,” Yoomi whispered madly. “Seriously, they’re perfect.”

“Mm, alright,” I said, trying to not stare at the group, but it was difficult. Suddenly, one of the members drifted from the group and headed towards us.

Jongin sunbae…?

“Hey,” he smiled softly at me.

“Hi,” I said, wondering why he was… talking to me.

“Kai, coming?” the one who seemed like the leader called out.

“Nah, hyung,” Jongin said. “I’ll catch up with you guys later.”

I could feel many curious looks directed towards us, some a bit more hostile.

“You’re not going to… go with your friends?” I asked, glancing at Yoomi… who was gone. What…?

“It’s okay, I wanted to talk to you.” He laughed lightly when I blushed. “How’s school so far?”

“Heyyy Haemi~” Junhong called out, approaching me. “Oh, hey Jongin hyung.”

“What’s up?” Jongin grinned, tussling Junhong’s hair. Since when did they know each other?

After a little bit, Junhong went off to his first period, and Jongin walked me to my class.

“Wait,” Jongin said, holding onto my blazer sleeve. He leaned against the wall next to my classroom door. “You don’t have to speak so formally to me.”

“Really?” I smiled, dropping the formalities. “Then I can just call you Jongin?”

“Try oppa,” Jongin laughed, releasing my sleeve. “Alright, I gotta go. I’ll see you later, okay?”

As he walked away, I looked down at my hand and saw a small crumpled scrap paper with a string of numbers on it. I tucked it carefully into my pocket and entered class.

“Yah!” Yoomi half yelled at me as I took my seat next to her. “Since when were you best friends with Jongin sunbae?”

“I’m not…” I muttered, placing my books on my desk. “What’s with their little possy anyways?”

Yoomi rolled her eyes, “Jeez, you don’t know anything… That group, they’re what keeps our school alive. Without them, we would just be a useless, trashy in-city school.”

“Huh…?”

“All six of them are really, really talented, smart, athletic, etc, etc,” Yoomi explained. “But of course, they don’t like trying. When our principal realized how talented they were, he made a deal with them. If they participated in competitions and contests, then they would get the prize money that the school usually takes. Jiyong sunbae, the leader, agreed his freshman year, and they’ve been at it for two years now. They’ve won countless competitions in music, dancing, academics, sports, and they always split the prize money evenly between them.”

“Dang… they must have… a lot of money then,” I mused. I had noticed that Jongin probably owned like, twice as many pairs of shoes as I did.

“Everyone wants to be a part of the group,” Yoomi sighed. “But Jiyong sunbae doesn’t like first years, and he’s super picky… And they’re always together. It’d be like a dream to be with them.”

My mind wandered as Yoomi went on and on about them. My mind wandered to thoughts about Jongin…

“And you, little missy,” Yoomi said, poking me. “Somehow managed to get Jongin’s attention… he seriously doesn’t talk to any students younger than him, and only takes an interest in very, very few girls.”

“Ah, he’s probably just being friendly towards me…” I said, thinking about the piece of paper in my pocket. 

 

this is a flashback just in case you're confused... aha... and jongin is (exo) kai's actual name, just in case you're SUPER confused.... it's okay i still love my readers <3