Long Night

He’s My Boytoy, She’s My Plaything

[Heena]

“C’mon Heena,” Zelo whined, putting his hands on my shoulders and gently shaking me.

I shook my head no, “Zelo, Zico himself warned me. It means that Taekyeon pretty much knows now. I’m not gonna let you go get the living beat out you.”

“Have you met Taek?” Zelo frowned. He lowered his voice, “He’s dumb as . No way he knows. And Suzy’ll be mad if I stand her up.”

I crossed my arms over my chest, “You know, it seems like you’re becoming one of those Suzy fanboys. This isn't just about the bet anymore, is it? Be honest. You’re kinda obsessed with that .”

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Zelo shot back, lowering his arms and a harsher look taking over his face. “She’s ing hot. And she’s willing to go pretty far with me.”

I stared at Zelo, shocked at his words.

“Who are you…” I muttered. I my heels, walking away. “Whatever, I’ll cover for you since I owe you one.”

 

[Zelo]

I leaned against the wall, groaning. So many ing mistakes today.

Heena was probably right. I was probably getting myself into something stupid.

But hell, I’ve already gone this far today so I might as well go all the way.

 

[Zico]

“Why so moody?” Taeil poked at Haemi while we ‘cleaned’ the classroom after school. She glanced up at him, her eyes steely, but Taeil was unfazed. “Haemi~ you wanna do something tonight? It’s Friday.”

“And what Friday night activity are you interested in?” Haemi asked, propping her feet up on the desk and looking down at her phone.

I grabbed my jacket hanging on a chair and threw it on her lap. I growled, “Try to remember sometimes that you’re actually wearing a skirt.”

She shrugged, “I don’t care, just you two in the room.” But she covered her lap and Taeil shot me an amused look.

“Has baby Haemi ever been drinking?” Taeil asked, his question seeming partly genuine curiosity.

Speaking of which, what did this girl do with her… other friends? Everything about her, and Junhong, were so vague. When I thought she was just an innocent girl, I hear she sleeps over with a bunch of guys. But then… there was that incident with her… and then there’s Kai… and…

“No sir, never had a drop o’ alcohol in my life,” Haemi said with a straight face. “No siree.”

Taeil and I exchanged glances. This girl was so ing with us. Again.

Taeil rolled his eyes and laughed, “Well, gotta have a first for everything, right?”

 

[Heena]

I mean… with the amount of alcohol I’ve had in my life, it’s kind of a given then I have a pretty high tolerance.

But turns out Zico’s crew have the lowest ing tolerance. Or they’re just obnoxious as . Zico and I were pretty much the only ones sober by the time it was midnight.

“Amateurs…” I muttered as I pushed PO, who was trying to kiss me, away.

“Impressive,” Zico grinned at me. “You’ve had more than most of them and you’re fine.”

I shrugged, looking down at my glass, bored. I wondered what Zelo was doing by now with that .

“Don’t ignore me,” Zico growled, yanking my wrist towards him. He pulled me next to him and held me prisoner, his eyes piercing.

“You make me mad,” he muttered under his breath, his pronunciation just ever so slightly slurred.

Ah, I guess I win. Most sober out of the group.

“Why do I make you mad?” I asked, deciding to humor him for a little.

He leaned his face closer to mine, “Because you make my head hurt…”

I cupped his face with my hands, one of my wrists still encased by his hand. “I’m sorry. How can I make it better?”

“Kiss me.”

Ah… the boy must be really drunk… well, I guess I might as well. He probably wouldn’t remember tomorrow anyways.

I leaned in softly and he kissed me aggressively. As the kiss deepened, I heard my phone ring in my back pocket, but we both ignored it, too immersed. But whoever was calling was persistent and called again.

Finally, Zico reached into my back pocket and picked up the phone, growling, “She’s busy.”

I looked at him with an amused look until I heard Daehyun yelling at the other end. Daehyun never yelled…

“Give me the phone,” I demanded, grabbing it out of Zico’s hands.

“Hello?” I said into the phone, breathlessly. “Sorry, it’s me.”

 

[Zelo]

And just as things were getting serious with Suzy, a disturbing series of images popped into my head.

First that girl that I kissed and made cry…

I quickly pushed her out of my head.

But then Heena…

Why the was I thinking about my twin sister while about to this hot chick…

But damn it, I couldn’t get her out of my head, and it was really crashing my mood.

“Yo babe,” I said, getting off the bed and reaching for my pants. “Sorry, I’m not in the mood today.”

I turned around and I could see Suzy’s astonished and pissed off expression.

“… What?” she demanded.

“Sorry, I gotta go straighten things out with my sister,” I said, pulling my shirt on. “Can't with you while thinking about her ing at me later.”

As I left her and put my shoes on at the front door, someone came out of one of the rooms…

That girl…

Lee Jieun…

“What… are you… why…” I muttered.

 She crouched down by me. “I’m her younger sister.”

Well . I’m a . A worthless . . I ed up so bad.

“Did you just… leave Suzy in there…?” she whispered.

I shrugged, “Yeah.”

She looked at me with wide eyes, “You better be careful… she’s gonna do something to make you pay… maybe I should walk you home…?”

I laughed, tussling her hair. “I don’t need a little girl to walk me home. Again, sorry for earlier today…”

She ignored my apology, “No, I’m serious. You need to be careful. Like tonight.”

“Alright,” I grinned at her, waving my hand. “I’ll see you later.”

As I made my way home, I smiled to myself, feeling like I was finally doing something right today.

Almost at my house, when I rounded a corner, I was suddenly met with a baseball bat being swung at my head and I barely dodged it, only nicking my ear. But too soon for me to react, the attacker jabbed the bat at my stomach, knocking the air out of me and making me double over. I felt a blow on my back and I crumbled to the ground, coughing.

“Thought you could around with my girlfriend?” someone pulled me up by the collar. Taecyeon’s snickering face filled my vision. He wound back his arm and punched me in the face twice. A couple more blows were dealt on my back and stomach and I could taste blood in my mouth.

“Stop!” a shrill voice screamed. “I’ll call the police!”

“…” Taekyeon muttered. “You’re lucky, .”

Him and his thugs ran away as Jieun came running towards me.

“Why… are you…” I panted, coughing up some blood.

“Oh no… I was too late,” she said, helping me up into a sitting position. “I’m sorry, I should’ve come with you. I knew this would happen. This always happens…”

“Why’re you apologizing…” I muttered, my lower lip swelling rapidly. I could feel consciousness slipping from me.

“Hey… could you call… Heena… no, Daehyun… yeah… could you call Daehyun for me?” I muttered, darkness filling my vision.

“Junhong? Jonhong?” she called out in a panicked voice.

The world went black.

 

[Heena]

“Zelo what?” I demanded, standing up. “Oh my ing… that idiot… okay I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

Zico tugged on my wrist. “What happened…?”

“Nothing. I need to go,” I said briskly.

Zico grabbed my hand. “No…”

Annoyed, I tried to pull my hand away from his, but he held on.

“Don’t leave me…” he said softly. “Not again…”

Something about his voice made me look at his face. His eyes looked genuinely sad, a look I’d never seen on Zico before.

“I’m sorry…” I said, pulling my hand gently away from his weakening grip. I kissed him on the forehead. “I’m sorry Zico.”

I walked away from him, feeling his sad eyes on me. I searched for PO, and when I finally found him, I grabbed him.

“PO,” I said, leaning up and kissing him while reaching into his back pocket for his car keys. “Sorry, I really need to borrow your car.”

“Did you just…” PO asked in a drunken daze.

As I left the bar, I heard PO bragging loudly to Taeil about our kiss.

 

I did a crap parking job, but I jumped out of the car without fixing it. I rushed up the stairs and arrived at Daehyun’s place.

I saw my brother sitting on the couch with a girl I’d never seen before dabbing at his face with a bloody, wet towel. He looked like he got the living beaten out of him, his lips swollen and one slightly bruised eye.

“ing hell, what happened to you,” I demanded, reaching the couch.

Zelo opened his eyes at my voice and when he saw me he grinned, or at least he tried to.

“About time you showed up,” he said, wincing at the girl’s touch.

Daehyun appeared from the kitchen, carrying some salve.

“Heena, how much have you been drinking,” Daehyun asked. “I can smell it from all the way over here.”

“I wasn’t-” I began, then shrugged. “Actually, kind of a lot, but I'm sober, don’t worry. But can someone just explain what the happened to Zelo.”

The girl spoke up, “He walked out on Suzy so she got mad and called Taekyeon. He attacked Junhong, but I arrived and threatened to call the police.”

“And you are…?” I asked.

“Suzy’s younger sister. My name’s Jieun.”

“Ah…” I nodded my head slowly. I turned to Zelo, “So you’re really tangled into this family, aren’t you.”

Zelo shrugged, wincing once again as Daehyun rubbed the salve onto his wounds.

I sighed. “Well… thanks Jieun. For saving my brother.”

“No need to thank me,” she smiled, cute little dimples showing. She stood up and said, “I better get going… I’ll see you guys at school.”

Once she was gone, Daehyun commented, “Zelo, you’re one lucky . If she didn’t come, they might’ve actually killed you.”

Zelo sighed, “I know…”

“So are you gonna do anything about it?” Daehyun asked, raising an eyebrow.

Zelo and him met eyes. “We’ll see.”

 

omg okay super long chapter ohohohoho. and a lot happens. and i havent been consistently updating... so if any of you guys have questions, ask away.