The Dorm

Flower Shop

I stood outside the door and was about to knock when there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Ricky.
“Hi, can I help you?” he asked.
“Yes, my name is MiYoung and I'm here to get my money.”
Ricky raised his eyebrow at me in confusion.
“From who?” he asked.
“Chunji. If you talked to him and told him the flower shop girl is here, he'll understand.”
Still confused and looking like he didn't really believe me, Ricky went in and left me in the hallway. I waited and rocked back and fourth on my feet while humming their debut song clap in my head. Soon I saw Chunji coming.
“Your here.” he said with a friendly smile on. “why don't you come in and have some lunch with us?”
Lunch? With them?
“I sorta just ate.”
“Well you can still come in. I wanted to talk to you.”
I don't think there is any point in arguing with him. I followed him inside and he called all the members out to meet me. All of them came out and stopped when they saw me.
“Who's this?” C.A.P. asked.
“This is...” Chunji trailed off.
Guess he now realized he didn't know my name.
“I'm Kim MiYoung. I work at a near by flower shop.”
“By the way. Thanks for picking out those flowers. Turns out their her favorite.” Chunji said.
What an odd coincidence.
“Are you staying for lunch?” Changjo asked me.
“Me? I don't know.” I said “I mean I already ate so I'm kinda full.”
“You can come over for dinner.” Chunji suggested.
“Don't make her leave then come back.” Changjo said. “That is a waste of gas when she could stay here.”
“Um, I walked here so it's no big deal.”
“Just stay.” Neil said.
“I don't want to be a bother.”
I'm not exactly sure why I was arguing this. It was Teen Top. They were my favorite band. I agreed to stay so they said they would eat lunch quick.
“MiYoung, why don't you sit in Ricky's spot?” Changjo suggested.
“No, Ricky can keep his spot.”
“Where will you sit then?”
Changjo seemed to be a really sweet kid. Okay I shouldn't say kid because I'm only older then him by 2 years. Still he's sweet. There was a knock and Chunji ran to get it. His girlfriend I'm guessing. I guess that I get to meet the girl that likes lilacs as well.
“cookie!” I heard him say.
Chunji calls her cookie? He came back in the kitchen holding hands with a girl that I'll admit I was jealous of. Beautiful and she has Chunji.
“And you would be?” the girl asked me.
“I'm MiYoung.”
“She's here to hang out.” Neil said.
“Is there a reason I've never met you? I hang around these guys a lot.”
“This is her first time being here.” Ricky said.
Chunji's girlfriend nodded.
“It's nice to meet you...” I stopped not knowing her name.
“MinJee.” she said in a tone telling me she wasn't fond of me.
She was making me want to go hide in a corner.
“come on cookie you can be nicer.” Chunji said tapping her on the nose.
He gave her a smile which she immediately returned.
“Sorry, I don't mean to be like this.” she said to me then turned to Chunji. “and I'm blaming you for my lack of sleep.”
“You still loved last night though right?”
“Yes, but did you have to get me that gorgeous stuffed bear because I couldn't stop cuddling it last night.”
“Of course I did. You wanted it.”
The two started acting really mushy and sweet and to be honest it was kinda uncomfortable for me to watch them.
“You two go be lovey-dovey somewhere else.” Changjo said.
“ Like this wasn't you 3 months ago.” Chunji said.
Changjo got up and stormed out and a few seconds later we heard a door slam.
“That wasn't necessary.” C.A.P. said.
I looked around the room clueless hoping someone would fill me in. MinJee rolled her eyes and left taking Chunji with her.
“What just happened?” I asked.
“Changjo just had a bad break up.” Ricky explained.
“I guess you could say that she ended it a month ago.” Neil said.
“You guess?”
“We'll let Changjo tell you the story when he wants to.” Ricky said.
I wondered why L.Joe hadn't piped in and said anything and when I turned toward the food saw he had started eating.
“Your not worried about him?” I asked.
“I am. I'm just really hungry.”
Everyone decided to leave him be and ate their lunch. I sat down where Chunji would have sat and watched them.
“I think you should know it was an act.” L.Joe said.
“What was an act?” I asked.
“The whole being tired from the wonderful date they had last night. She was covering up her true attitude.”
“So she really doesn't like me?”
“It's not just you. She's like that to any girl that knows Chunji. She doesn't want anyone breaking them up.”
“I wouldn't do that.”
“She won't take the risk.”
I took one of the bowls and put some food in it then went to find Changjo. I couldn't stand watching them eat without him. I knocked on each door until I found the right one. Changjo opened the door and was surprised to see me.
“I brought you food. I figured you would be hungry.” I told him.
He thanked me and took the food. He invited me into the bed room and I went in and sat on a bed.
“So who's bed is this?” I asked.
“Mine. The other belongs to Ricky.”
So him and Ricky share a room. Changjo started to eat the food and I just sat there and watched.
“I'm sorry, did you want any?” Changjo asked.
I shook my head.
“I'm still full from my breakfast.” I told him.
“alright then. Why don't you tell me about about yourself?”
“you really want to know about me?”
With cheeks stuffed with food, he nodded.
“I work at my parents flower shop mostly because I love flowers. I'm 17 years old I have one best friend and I have no idea what you want to know about me.”
“Your doing good.” he told me, “what kind of music do you like?”
“Well I listen to you guys. I listen to a lot of groups actually. Though your group is my favorite.”
“Do you have a bias?” he asked.
“No.” I lied.
I felt like saying my bias was Chunji would come back to haunt me so it would be best if no one knew.
“Are you sure?” Changjo asked.
I don't think he knew I was lying. At least I hope not. I think he just wanted me to say he was my bias. To be honest I didn't want to say anyone was my bias. I feel I should keep it to myself if I'm going to be hanging around them and I think that I will.
“I'm sure.” I told him. “Now let's join the others.”
We went out there where Changjo finished his food then we played the Wii. It wasn't until dinner came and we were about to eat that Chunji came back. The others got quiet when they saw him.
“So I'm going to go.” I said and got out of his seat.
“You can stay.” Chunji said.
“Really I should go. It's a Sunday so I have school tomorrow and...so...yeah.”
“I can't let you walk to your house by yourself. It's dark out there. I'll go with you.” Chunji said.
I didn't argue with him and let him walk me home. The conversation... well there was none. It was an silent walk filled with awkwardness for most of it.
“So.” Chunji said for the tenth time.
“Your girlfriend seems nice.” I said.
Wasn't really true but I needed to say something. The silence was insane.
“She's the best. We've been together for a full year since yesterday. At first we were just friends but then last year I didn't want to be alone on Valentines day so I asked her out and here we are a year later.”
“That's great.” I said.
“Yeah, do you want to hear about our date yesterday.”
At this time we arrived at my house.
“This is my house so I can't right now but when I come over tomorrow you can.”
“Tomorrow?” he asked.
“Yeah, Ricky invited me over tomorrow because earlier we were playing Wii and I crushed him in baseball so now he wants a rematch.”
“Alright then. Tomorrow.”
I went inside and saw my parents cooking dinner.
“How was your day?” my mom asked me.
Thinking back on it I smiled.
“It was good.” I told her.
Hanging out with Teen Top was a blast. After school tomorrow, it's more Wii. And more time to beat them at baseball. There is only one problem. I forgot I had to work.