I'm His "Girlfriend"

Flower Shop

It was a regular day in the shop for me. SunHi had been working here a few days now. We were getting ready to leave when Ricky came into the shop.

“MiYoung, I have a favor to ask you.” he said.

“What do you need?”

“For you to do a favor for L.Joe.”

I held in my laugh.

“Why didn't L.Joe come down and ask me to do a favor for him?”

“He feels like you'll misunderstand him if he directly asks so he sent me.”

“I'll let you two talk.” SunHi said and left the shop.

“So what is L.Joe's favor?”

“He needs you to pretend to be his girlfriend and pretend break up in front of his friends. Not us but friends from before Teen Top.”

I didn't understand that at all.

“What?” I asked.

“L.Joe was talking to his friends and they said that they couldn't wait to meet his girlfriend. He tried to tell them that he didn't have one but somewhere in this talk his friends heard about you and now they are convinced that you are his girlfriend. So L.Joe just wants you to pretend to be his girlfriend just for his friends and you can break up with him after you meet his friends if you want.”

“I have nothing against L.Joe trust me. But I can't. L.Joe should just tell them that his friends heard wrong and that he is single.”

“He would but his friends are stubborn. They said they will stay until he sees you two together. If you don't do this I will assume it's because you and Changjo are dating.”

“Were not though.”

“Then please. You don't even have to really date him. Just go up and tell him that it's over.”

I sighed and took a moment to think it over.

“Let me talk to L.Joe.” I said.

We went to the dorm and L.Joe wasn't even there. Me and Ricky played baseball on the Wii while we waited. It seemed to be all I ever do with him. When L.Joe came in, he had a group of guys following behind him.

“Who are they?” I asked.

“My friends.” L.Joe said.

He excused himself for a moment and took me out of the room and into his.

“Ricky talked to you right?” he asked.

I nodded.

“Well I kinda need you to be my girlfriend now because those are the guys that are telling me they will stay in the dorm until they see me with you.”

I decided there was no harm in one fake little date or whatever I needed to do to prove his friends that he had a girlfriend. Because I didn't want them staying here. Mostly because that's more people saying I date Changjo. I took L.Joe's hand and brought him out to his friends. It felt weird holding his hand. I wasn't sure that I could fake this.

“So this is your girlfriend?” one of his friends asked.

“Yep. This is my girlfriend.” he said.

“That's one hot girlfriend.” a different friend piped in.

L.Joe really hung out with people like this? I rolled my eyes at his remark.

“So MiYoung, these are my Korean friends that I made while I was in America. Guys, this is MiYoung.”

“Nice to meet you.” I said.

L.Joe's friends said that they all found themselves dates and they had reservations to this fancy restaurant tonight and we were more told then invited to join them. Fancy restaurant means getting dressed up. I have nothing against doing that but I don't like that it will be the first time these guys see me dress up and it won't be for real.

“I'm guessing I should go home and get ready for that date now.” I said.

“That sounds good.” L.Joe said.

I think we at faking.

“Date?”

I almost cringed hearing that voice. I turned to look at Chunji and my hand was oddly still with L.Joe's. I excused my self and left the room and Chunji followed me.

“You and L.Joe? Since when?” he asked.

He didn't seem happy about us together. Why does he care though he has a girlfriend?

“Since about five minutes ago when his friends came in wanting to see his girlfriend or else they wouldn't leave.”

“Well they know your 'together' know so break up with him.”

“Why would you want me to? Do you not want me to like L.Joe that way cause trust me that won't happen.”

I went back out and said goodbye to everyone and faked a kiss with L.Joe. I went home and got all dressed up then headed right back to the dorm. I knocked and Changjo opened the door. His eyes popped right out of his head as he saw me.

“Woah!” he said. “you look...woah.”

I smiled and come into the dorm.

“Thanks for the compliment...wait it is a compliment right?”

“Trust me it's a compliment.”

L.Joe came out and almost had the same reaction.

“L.Joe are your friends here?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Well we need to discuss our break up then.”

“Break up?” Changjo asked.

“Long story. Have Chunji tell you.”

After we devised a break up plan we headed on out to the restaurant. Me and L.Joe were going to go for the boyfriend who takes control and thinks he knows what best and the girlfriend that is sick and tired of it.

“My girlfriend will have the steak.” L.Joe said.

Show time. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Did I say I wanted steak?” I asked.

“No, but that's what you usually get.”

“I usually get it because you usually order it for me.”

“And I do that because you love steak.”

“Maybe I want fish tonight. Ever think of that? You always think you know what's best and it's getting on my nerves.”

I stood up from the table and so did L.Joe.

“So are you saying it's over?”

We went at it a little bit longer and caused a scene. This actually got fun. Then the waiter came to fix the problem and I told I'd fix it and 'dumped' L.Joe. Then I left and made a call outside for someone to pick me up. Everyone minus L.Joe came and they were all dressed up.

“We made reservations at a different restaurant.” C.A.P. said.

“So you really weren't dating L.Joe?” Changjo asked.

“I really wasn't dating L.Joe.”

Changjo seemed to sigh in relief.