Break Up

Flower Shop

For the rest of the week, Changjo walked me halfway to school and then visited me at the shop while I worked. Right now I was waiting for him to come and I was listening to SunHi talk about her date she had with Ricky after school yesterday.
“And guess what the best part was.” SunHi said.
“I don't know. Did he kiss you?”
“Yes!” SunHi said. “he kissed me right before he left.”
SunHi sighed in happiness as my mom came and told me that she wanted me to water the flowers outside. I went outside and grabbed the hose and turned it on. I started to water them as I heard Changjo's voice in my ear. I turned with a jump and accidentally sprayed him with water. I quickly let go of the nozzle and apologized while trying not to laugh.
“Do you think it's funny?” Changjo asked.
I nodded my head then watched as Changjo took the hose and began to spray me. We started to fight over the hose but in a playful way. After we were drenched in water, Changjo took the hose and threw it aside. Then we shared a kiss. Our first kiss. If it wasn't already clear. I was glad I had said yes to Changjo and I was glad we were together. I took Changjo with me into the shop and my mom didn't really look happy for once.
“I told you to water the flowers.” she said.
“I did.” I told her. “Then we had a... hose malfunction.”
“I guess you want to go home and change then not come back and go to be with Changjo.”
“Um...” I said.
I did but I wasn't going to ask if I could.
“You know I have a boyfriend I'd like to be with too.” SunHi said.
“Then invite him over to the shop.” I said. “I will be back I just want dry clothes.”
I looked to my mom for her okay and she sent me back home with a warning to come back. I went on home with Changjo and he waited in the living room while I changed into dry clothes. After I was changed, I brushed out my hair then went back out to see Changjo on the phone.
“That's not my problem.” he said then hung up.
“Who was that?” I asked him.
“Ricky. He needs me back at the dorm so I'm going to go.”
“I have work to finish up anyways.”
We both left and SunHi seemed to be waiting for me.
“Ricky can't come.” she said with a pout.
“You can go to the dorm after work.”
SunHi didn't seem to like that idea very much.
“MinJee is going to be there though. She's gotten even more protective if that is even possible.”
“Then meet Ricky somewhere.”
After work, I was going to ignore the fact that MinJee was over at the dorm and I went to go see Changjo. I got to the door when it all the sudden opened revealing Neil. It was my first time seeing him since I said I'd get him a girlfriend.
“I want to stay single.” he warned me.
“Don't worry. Changjo talked me out of getting you a girlfriend.”
“Good. Now I hope you weren't planing on going in there because MinJee is in there.”
“I can handle MinJee.” I told him.
Neil stepped aside and let me in. He then shut the door and I saw C.A.P. with a girl on the couch. Whoever this girl was she gave me a friendly smile. C.A.P. introduced her as Minnie.
“Are you by any chance MiYoung? Changjo's girlfriend?” Minnie asked.
“Yeah. Did Changjo tell you about me?”
“Well he came to the dorm with his clothes soaked and when I asked what happened he told me that he and his girlfriend were messing around with a hose and were spraying each other. And since Chunji's girlfriend is already here and only Changjo and Ricky have girlfriends besides him, I took a guess.”
“So you've meet MinJee.”
“I met her before.”
That gave me a thought.
“Are you the girl she intimidated into leaving?”
Minnie nodded.
“Speaking of leaving, we have reservations for a restaurant soon.”
C.A.P. linked arms with Minnie and then they went and left the dorm. L.Joe then came out and the Wii.
“L.Joe, are C.A.P. and Minnie dating?” I asked him.
“They are going on a date right now but there not together.”
L.Joe took one of the controllers and then held one out for me.
“Unless you'd rather just sit and wait until Changjo gets back.”
“He left?”
“Yeah we sent him to go get more ice cream. I love hanging out with you because before you became friends with us we rarely had ice cream. Now we always have it.”
“Is that a compliment or a thank you?”
L.Joe thought about it for a moment.
“Both I guess.”
I took the controller and we did some bowling. Then Ricky came out all dressed up.
“Are you going to see SunHi?” I asked.
“Yes. And when I get back you and me are playing a game of baseball.”
“Prepare to lose.” I told him.
“No. You prepare to lose. I've been practicing.”
Ricky left the dorm and after L.Joe and I did two rounds of bowling Changjo was back. He came back with bags and from what I saw I didn't see ice cream
“Where is the ice cream?” L.Joe asked.
“I thought you said don't get ice cream.” Changjo said.
“If you didn't get ice cream, then why were you out?”
“I was buying dinner.”
Changjo called everyone out for dinner and MinJee stopped when she saw me.
“Didn't I tell you something.” she asked.
“You mean to stay away from the dorm? Because this isn't your dorm you have no power in telling me if I can or can't come over.”
“Why did you tell her that?” Chunji asked.
MinJee just stayed quiet.
“I know why she told her.” Changjo said.
Did Changjo know about this whole Chunji thing?
“You do?” MinJee asked.
“Yeah, you two hate each other so you think you can tell MiYoung to stay away but you can't.”
Changjo half had it. I'm glad he hadn't heard anything about Chunji. We sat down and started to eat. Changjo next to me and Chunji across from me.
“So I met Minnie.” I said to break the silence. “she seems nice. And into C.A.P., MinJee.”
MinJee just rolled her eyes and Chunji looked at me.
“What do you mean by that?” he asked.
“You weren't told that the reason she left the first time is because MinJee intimidated her into leaving?”
Chunji looked over at MinJee in shock while MinJee glared at me.
“MinJee, you did that?”
She gave Chunji that sickening smile and Changjo held my hand under the table.
“I honestly can tell you that I have no idea what she's talking about.”
“She's lying.” I said. “Chunji just talk to Minnie and you'll see. Why would I lie?”
“You know why you would lie.” MinJee said.
I was about to flip a lid and if I had the strength I might just flip this table.
“MinJee. Shut up.”
“Why don't you just leave.”
“You first.”
“Girls, I think you need to just calm down.” Chunji said.
“I won't. Chunji I hate MinJee.”
“He couldn't care less. Girlfriend comes before... whatever you are.”
I went to stand up but Changjo brought me into his lap and kept me there.
“MinJee, stop it.” Chunji said.
“Chunji, we both hate each other. You can't have me as your girlfriend and her as your friend so pick.”
“MinJee, stop being ridiculous.” Neil said.
I looked over at Chunji and saw him looking at me. Then he quickly looked down. MinJee got up and grabbed her purse.
“I'm not being ridiculous. Chunji you can just come over to my house tomorrow.”
MinJee stormed out and I sighed.
“I think it's best that you two stay out of the same room.” L.Joe said.
I just wanted Chunji to break up with her. Little did I know that my wish would come true. Three days later and I was over at the dorm watching a movie with Changjo on the couch. MinJee came knocking on the door and we ignored each other as she went off to Chunji's room.
“She hasn't been over here since she left the other night.” Changjo told me.
Chunji instead of being with MinJee he spent some time with me the past couple days. He wanted me to tell him exactly how I felt about MinJee and I didn't hold anything back. The thing I loved is he didn't try to defend her. Three minutes after MinJee arrived she was already coming out about ready to cry. She looked over at me as if I was her number one enemy which I guess I am. MinJee walked on over, slapped my face, then turned to walk out. Changjo was quick on his feet and grabbed onto MinJee's arm.
“Don't touch my girl.” he said.
To be honest, I was still processing the slap.
“Your girl better watch it.” she said then started to cry.
Changjo let her go and she ran out of the dorm. He sat back down next to me and pulled me into him. I know MinJee and I were enemies so I wasn't sure why the slap shocked me. It did though. Changjo called for Chunji to come out and his eyes widened when he came out.
“What happened?” he asked.
“What happened? Your girlfriend just slapped mine. Do you have any idea why?”
Chunji took a quick look at me then looked at the ground.
“She's not my girlfriend anymore.” he said.
“Still, do you know why?”
Chunji just shook his head. This is good now. The fact they aren't together. Now we can be friends and I won't have MinJee bugging me about it. Everything is going to be good now right? Wrong.