Ex-girlfriend

Flower Shop

I was in the shop waiting for SunHi. I had given her the address to the flower shop and today she was going to see it for the first time. When she arrived, she seemed happy with the shop.

“I like it. It's small, quaint, and has a friendly feel to it.” SunHi said.

“Thank you. Now let's hope my dad will give you a job here.”

We went up to my dad who was just messing with some flowers.

“Dad, this is SunHi. She would like a job here.” I told him.

“As long as she loves flowers and wants this job to work with flowers and not to just get some money then she can work here.”

“I do want to work with flowers.” SunHi said.

“Then come with me and we can talk to you about your work schedule.”

SunHi went to discuss hours with my dad and I continued my spot behind the register. Soon Changjo came into the shop.

“Welcome.” I said to him.

I noticed that he had a serious face on.

“Do you think that you can take your lunch now?” he asked.

My mom poked her head in from outside and said that it was fine. I left with him and I waited for him to say something. He didn't though.

“So did you need to talk about something?” I asked.

“Yeah, I decided to tell you about what happened between me and my last girlfriend. If you still want to know what happened.”

“I still want to know.”

We went and sat on a bench outside a café.

“She used me.” he said.

Just that line got me. Who would use Changjo? That's just not right.

“She used you?” I asked.

“Yeah. I was a good boyfriend. I bought her things she wanted. I cared for her and told her I loved her. She said that she loved me too but it was a bunch a crap. Turns out she had a boyfriend who was out of town. I was just there to buy things for her. The second he was back she dumped me and said she didn't care for me.”

Aww! Poor Changjo! I wrapped my arms around Changjo and laid my head on his shoulder.

“That's awful.” I told him. “who could do such a thing to someone like you?”

“She could.” Changjo said.

“Well... You'll find someone that says that they love you and they'll mean it. They'll buy you stuff in return and care for you like you'll care for them.”

I looked up at Changjo and saw him smiling.

“Thanks for saying that.” he said.

An old couple walked by and wished us luck. It took me a second to understand what they meant. I let go of Changjo and scooted away.

“It's not like that.” I told them.

“I said the same thing to him.” the lady said ushering over to her husband.

They walked on by and I was almost mad. Everyone thinks me and Changjo are dating. We're not though.

“Maybe that's a sign.” Changjo said.

“That we need to date? I doubt it.” I told him.

I got up and a few seconds later Changjo was by my side.

“I was kidding.” he said.

“I know but it annoys me how everyone says we're dating.”

“Not everyone.”

“No. Just MinJee, my parents, that couple, SunHi, Ricky, Neil, L.Joe, C.A.P., and random other people that were at MinJee's birthday party.”

“You know what I think you need some ice cream.”

I laughed in my mind at him thinking ice cream would help. Actually, ice cream was sounding good right now.

“We don't have long because I need to get back to work but if you want to buy me some ice cream I won't say no.”

We walked on down to the store and we went and each got one of those small cups of vanilla ice cream. Keeping it plain. Keeping it classic. We were walking back to the store eating our ice cream when Changjo stole a spoonful of mine.

“what was that about?” I asked laughing.

“I was seeing how your ice cream tasted.” he said.

“We both got vanilla how can it taste different?” I questioned.

“I didn't say it tasted different I just wanted to know how it would taste.”

“I know but if we both get vanilla what's the point because if you wanted to know how it tasted you have a vanilla of your own.”

We reached the store as I decided to get even. I stole some of his vanilla and said to him what he said to me.

“I would so get you back if you hadn't finished your ice cream.” he told me.

“Another day.” I told him.

I said goodbye then went inside to see SunHi getting all set up.

“Oh, sweetie, SunHi has the rest of your shift covered. Go have some fun.” my dad told me.

I looked over at SunHi.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“MiYoung, go hang out with your boyfriend.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Not my boyfriend.” I said as I ran to catch up with Changjo.

I grabbed onto his hand to pull him to a stop. Alright I think I see why people think we're together. I held up my hand and got my breath back.

“You...went far... fast.” I told him.

“I thought you had to work.”

“My shift is being covered.”

We went to the dorm where Ricky and C.A.P. were playing a game of baseball on the Wii.

“Where is everyone?” Changjo asked.

“Chunji left without an explanation but it's not hard to guess where he went.” Ricky said.

“And Neil and L.Joe went to the store to buy some junk food.” C.A.P. said.

After Ricky beat C.A.P. I versed him in baseball and beat him. We were playing the rematch game when Chunji came in with no MinJee.

“Wheres your girlfriend?” I asked him.

“Sick with the flu. I went over there to take care of her but she doesn't want to risk me getting sick so she told me to leave.”

“Your so sweet.” I said to him.

The guys looked at me.

“He is.” I said and looked down. “there is no denying it.”

“I would do the same thing if I had a girlfriend.” Changjo said “but of course... I don't.”

“What are you talking about Changjo, you have a girlfriend.” Ricky said.

I knew exactly what he meant. Me. I decided it was better to hang out with SunHi. I was around these buys a bit to much lately. SunHi wouldn't go and tell me that Changjo and I... Okay she would but only jokingly and only once maybe twice.