Chapter 18

Waiting For Our Loved Ones [HIATUS]

 

Flashback

 

Jaejoong, why are we here? They said something about talking”

Changmin didn’t know if he should feel happy that his hyung was here or worried that something was wrong.

Sit down first”

Jaejoong motioned him to sit down.

I’ll cut to the chase. Things happened and I’ve come to know what happened yesterday”

What are you talking about?”

Jaejoong put his hands on top of Changmin’s. Making the later widen his eyes.

I know about your feelings for Kyuhyun”

Changmin started laughing awkwardly.

E-eh?”

Which is why I’m having this talk with you. Changmin, you do know that Kyuhyun and Sungmin are in love?”

The maknae nodded silently while looking down.

If I may ask, how deep are your feelings for him?”

I... I just...I...don’t know. I get jealous when he’s with others. The look in his eyes when he’s watching Sungmin....I want him to look at me like that. I feel the need to protect him, to be with him. I want to dedicate all my time to him.... I just love him. But I know I can’t have him... I can’t do that to Sungmin hyung”

This was one of the few times Jaejoong saw tears on Changmin’s cheeks. It broke his heart to see his dongsaeng in such a difficult position. He knew no one could control how the heart feels. Letting out a sigh, Jaejoong continued.

What would you say if Sungmin is willing to give up Kyuhyun for you?”

What?!”

Changmin’s face lit up in a mix of happiness and confusion.

Why would Sungmin hyung do that?”

He has seen you two together, and truthfully I have too. If there’s anyone other than Sungmin who could fit together with Kyuhyun, it’s you. Apparently he’s planning to break up with Kyuhyun when he’s back from Japan. I don’t want any couples to split up like this but if Sungmin wants that, it’s his choice...”

Jaejoong looked over at Changmin who was shaking in his spot.

Why would he do something like this....?”

The low whispers from Changmin almost passed by Jaejoong’s ears. But he still caught it. Listening to the vibration in the voice he could tell the man was about to cry.

I don’t deserve this... This isn’t right...”

Changmin”

Before Jaejoong got the chance to say more Changmin abruptly stood up and rushed our of the room. Without saying a word. And not looking back.

 

End of flashback

 

The room got completely quiet as Jaejoong finished talking. Both Heechul and Jaejoong sat in deep thoughts as Donghae interrupted.

Where do you think he went then?”

Don’t know. In that state he could have gone anywhere”

All three of them sighed. Suddenly a phone went off in the room. After everyone checked their phone Donghae realised it was his. And it was Eunhyuk who called.

What is it Hyukkie? Everything okay there?”

Eeh...Well you see. Changmin just came and he’s.... begging on his knees for forgiveness in front of Sungmin who keeps on crying. Would someone please explain what’s happening?”

Donghae spaced out for a moment before ending the call and turning to the other.

Guys. I know where Changmin went. He’s at our dorm. On his knees. In front of Sungmin”

What?”

Donghae get your jacket, we have to go home before something happens. Jae, we’ll have to talk later!”

Heechul threw Donghae’s jacket on the younger and they rushed out of the room. Only waving back at Jaejoong who sat behind. In the car Donghae pulled out his phone again.

Who are you calling now?”

Kyuhyun. He should at least know what’s going on. And I don’t think we can solve any of this without him”

 

 

 

At Super Junior’s dorm

 

Changmin, I don’t want to hear it... Please just leave”

Sungmin was trying his best to hold the tears inside, but at this point it was nearly impossible. If only Changmin could accept that he just wants them to be happy.

I can’t. No matter how I feel I know that Kyuhyun would only love you. I can’t let neither of you get hurt like this. I’m sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you. Please don’t break up with Kyuhyun”

Would someone explain to us what’s really happening here? Why are you two talking about breaking up with Kyuhyun?”

Kangin finally decided to interrupt the conversation.

It’s not something you should bother about”

Hyung!!”

Eunhyuk stood up, marching towards Sungmin.

You know damn well we only care about you and want to help you. If you have a problem, it is also our problem. Now please let us help”

Sungmin only looked in a different direction, avoiding Eunhyuk’s gaze. Until the door opened. Revealing Donghae and Heechul.

Thank God you two are back! Please take over here. We don’t know what to do anymore”

Kangin fell down onto the nearest chair. Walking past the kneeling Changmin, Heechul almost threw his phone in Sungmin’s face. “Talk” was the only thing he said while glaring at the younger, who currently was afraid to do otherwise. Fearing his hyung’s rage.

Hello?”

...Sungmin?”

As soon as he heard that voice tears once again fell down his cheeks. The overwhelming feelings left him almost speechless. Only able to mutter his name.

Kyuhyun”

Do you want to break up? Do you really feel that way?”

I-I-”

Don’t you know that I’ll always love you? Just because someone confessed to me doesn’t mean I’ll automatically love that person back. Yes, I do know how Changmin and I look like when we’re together. But I’m always thinking about you. Every second of my life I’m devoting it to you. Don’t just write me off like this. I love you. Please don’t leave me..”

The room went quiet as they awaited Sungmin’s reply. Changmin who was still on the floor slowly bent his head again, not wanting to show his face when the reply came. He knew although he wanted them to stay together, his heart still leaned towards Kyuhyun.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun....”

“Are you breaking up with me?”

Kyuhyun’s voice cracked as he spoke.

“I’m sorry I ever thought about it. I just thought-”

“Don’t worry about it Sungmin~! Everything is okay!” Donghae said while jumping on the older. Smiling brightly because his hyung and dongsaeng were still together. On the other line of the phone a big sigh in relief could be heard. If people had watched them from the outside it would have looked like they just disabled a bomb. In the midst of the celebration of the couple, one man silently walked out. Trying not to draw any attention. He had almost made it, if it wasn’t for Kangin who caught him right outside the door.

“So, when did you start to like men?”

Changmin straighten up his back, obviously startled by the sudden voice. Kangin stood with his back against the door, eyeing the younger man.

“I don’t know. It just happened...”

“Do you want to chase him? Give Sungmin a run for it?”

“No... Didn’t you see what just happened? I can’t let anyone break up because of something I did. I’ll just keep on acting as his friend”

“Good. Now go back home. Yunho has been calling for you the past half hour” Kangin smiled. Changmin bowed slightly and walked away.

 

Aish, these kids. How do they even get into all this trouble? They should just make it all into a drama.

 

 

 

_________________________

 

 

So there you have the result~! I hope everybody will be happy :D

gengchul: I'm sorry you thought this would only be HanChul! Originally I were planning on focusing mostly on HanChul and KangTeuk but I changed it. I completely forgot to change the tags... But it's done now~! Though I do wish for you to read on ^.^ There will be more HanChul later~

heekim: Is there still a need for a sidestory or are you happy with my choice? x)  You know, I'm really starting to like you xD You just keep on commenting and it makes me so happy  ಥ_

Also exams started this week so I don't know how much I'm able to write. Don't expect many chapters the next few weeks or month. Damn Japanese exam is also coming up....

 

Thank you for reading and please comment and subscribe~~~!!! <3