Chapter 8

Our Love

“Unnie, I'm home!” Seohyun called out.

 

Tiffany came as fast as she could with her clutches. “Where have you been?! Don't you know it's dangerous for girls to be out when it's dark?! Especially young, pretty girls like my little sister!”

 

Seohyun laughed. “Unnie, relax. You're going to get frown lines.”

 

Tiffany narrowed her eyes suspisciously. “Hmm...You seem happy.” Tiffany started circling around her.

 

“What's wrong with that?”

 

“Too happy.” Tiffany paused. Seohyun didn't think she did anything wrong but she felt nervous at the same time.

 

“You...” Seohyun held her breath. “Met a boy, didn't you?!” Tiffany squealed and Seohyun let her breath go out in a rush.

 

Seohyun giggled. “Maybe...”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and grabbed her little sister's arm. “Details. Now.”

 

“Unnie.” Seohyun whined. “Not now. Some other time. I want him to be a surprise.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “I remember when we were little kids and you found boys gross. Now you're having secret affairs.”

 

Seohyun giggled and linked her arms with her dramatic sister. “I am not. He's just a friend.” She smiled. “I'm hungry. Are you?” Tiffany nodded her head. “Then I'm gonna cook some ramen for both of us but I have to change first. Wait for me in the dining, ok?”

 

“Kay.”

 

Seohyun waited until her sister was out of sight when she pulled out her phone and sent a text message. 'I had fun. Thank you for showing me around.' A second later, she got a reply:

 

No problem. I had fun too. ;)

-Donghae

 

Seohyun smiled and pocketed her phone. Then she bounded up the stairs, humming a song.

 

 

 

Yoona walked as fast as she can as she made her way to the nearest subway. Practice ended late as usual and all she wanted was to get home and have some rest. She was walking alone today. Kibum had something to do. He wanted to drop whatever he needed to do and bring Yoona home but she insisted that she'd be fine.He finally let her go when she promised she'd text him the minute she arrives home.

 

Yoona heard a car beeping behind her. She moved a little to the side, thinking that she was probably blocking the way but when she looked back the car was still behind her.

Odd. Yoona moved more to the side but the car still stayed behind her. She looked back once again and squinted her eyes, trying to see who the driver was but the headlights were too bright. She couldn't see anything. Yoona was getting nervous and so she walked even faster. Once in a while, she would turn around to check if the car was still there, it was.

 

Ok, I'm officially in panic mode now. Yoona felt half-blinded now, having looked at the bright lights for too long. In a split second, Yoona decided to run. She ran as fast as she can but the car continued to trail her. Then the next thing she knew, someone had grabbed her and pulled her into a corner. Yoona made an attempt to shout but another hand covered .

 

LORD, please don't let this man harm me. I'm too young to die! There's still so many things I want to do and my mom! She'll be all alone if you decided to take me no—wait a minute.” Yoona blinked her eyes a couple of times to make sure she was seeing right. The man in front of her was breathing heavily but was looking at another direction. He relied on his keen sense of hearing to hear if the car was still around.

 

When he decided it was safe, he looked at Yoona and let go of her. “Are you ok?”

 

Yoona stared at the man, her eyes wide in shock. The man was no other than Choi Siwon himself.

 

 

 

 

Kibum paced back and forth in the practice room. It's over been an hour but Yoona still hasn't texted yet. He was getting worried. I never should have let her go alone. Donghae, who was in the same practice room, was watching Kibum with a mixture of amusement and annoyance. He found Kibum's worried face hilarious but he hated the fact that Kibum's emotions were so transparent.

 

And over a girl too. Tsk. Donghae decided to get up and have some soda from the vending machine, getting tired from watching Kibum. He didn't know what exactly was going on Kibum's mind but he knew that it was about Yoona. That girl he always hangs out with. He had heard them talking earlier. They seemed to be arguing about whether Kibum should accompany her home and or stay for practice.

 

But maybe the reason why Donghae felt so annoyed at Kibum was because Kibum reminded him of his old self. When he was still a nice guy and had this girl he cared so much about. Donghae punched the wall in front of him. He shouldn't think about these useless things. He shouldn't think about the past nor about her.

 

Donghae sighed and dialled a number on his phone. “Hey, can we talk?”