Chapter 14

Our Love

The music played and Tiffany stepped to the beat. She kept on making small mistakes like a forgotten step or not executing the step right. She was tired and didn't want anything but her soft, nice bed but she was determined to memorize the dance routine before she went home.

 

Donghae was on his way out of SME when something caught his eye. The lights were on in one of the practice rooms. He found it strange, considering what time it is. He walked over to the room and slightly peeked inside. He was surprised to find Tiffany practicing. He had heard that Tiffany was a model trainee but he never expected this.

 

“1,2,3.” Tiffany counted, watching herself move in the mirror. She paused when she made another mistake and started over once more. “1,2,3--” Tiffany paused once again, not because she made a mistake but because she saw someone else's reflection.

 

Donghae quickly hid himself from view when he realized Tiffany had seen him.

 

“Whose there?” Tiffany called. “Answer me.”

 

Donghae took a deep breath and mentally cursed himself. He shouldn't have watched longer than he had to. He took a deep breath and revealed himself. “It's just me.”

 

Tiffany relaxed. They looked at each other for awhile before Tiffany turned away. She bent down and grabbed her water bottle. “Were you on your way home?”

 

“Yeah. I was, actually.”

 

“Then be on your way.”

 

“Uhm—yeah. See you.” He turned around.

 

“Donghae, wait.” He paused. “I never got to thank you.”

 

He turned back to her and they finally faced each other. “I didn't do it for you.”

 

“I know that. You already told me that day. I just wanted to thank you. Why can't you just accept it?”

 

Donghae sighed, “I'm sorry. I don't want to argue with you.”

 

“I don't want to either.”

 

There wordlessly looked at each other.

 

“You should go. It's late.” Tiffany finally spoke up.

 

“How about you?”

 

“I can handle myself.”

 

“You know there are ghosts here, right?”

 

Tiffany scowled. “Are you trying to scare me?”

 

“No, I'm just warning you.”

 

“I'm not scared.” She held herself up to her full height.

 

“Suit yourself.” Donghae shrugged. “See you tomorrow.” He started to walk across the room.

 

Tiffany stood there, feeling a bit nervous. She's heard of those ghost rumors before. She's never actually seen one but she has seen countless trainees just breaking down . She heard a low, creaking sound and she cracked.

 

“Donghae, wait.”

 

Donghae smirked but turned back to her with an earnest expression on his face. “What is it?”

 

“You're right. It's late. Let's walk out together.” Tiffany hurriedly gathered her things and made her way out of the room, trying to look as dignified as possible.

 

Donghae refrained from smiling and followed her out.

 

 

 

“Darn it.” Tiffany muttered, feeling short-tempered. No one was answering her call at home and she needed someone to pick her up. She heard the low roar of an engine and soon enough, Donghae appeared in his motorcycle.

 

“No one's picking you up?” He asked.

 

“Of course there is.” Tiffany snapped. “It's just no one's answering yet.”

 

Donghae sniggered.

 

“What's so funny?”

 

“Nothing.” He wiped his smile off his face. “Still no answer?”

 

“No.” Tiffany sighed. She attempted another call but Donghae took her phone. “What do you think you're doing?”

 

“No one's answering so I'll take you home.” He slammed her phone shut.

 

“I don't want to.”

 

“Then do you want to go on a bus instead? Or a subway? Have you ever ridden one of those?”

 

Tiffany opened then shut it again. She glared at Donghae and he smirked as he handed her an extra helmet.

 

 

 

“Oh great.” Tiffany grumbled. It was early in the morning and they were caught in traffic. Ironically, there were only a few cars on their lane but apparently, one of the cars was going too slow.

 

“I don't like this, either.” Donghae said.

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Must be a girl.” Donghae commented.

 

“What?”

 

“I said the driver must be a girl.” Donghae replied, trying to keep his voice calm. He was feeling cranky like Tiffany.

 

“That's gender discrimination!”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Just because the driver is slow, doesn't mean she's a girl. Where did you get that dumb idea?”

 

“I don't want to argue with you.”

 

“Then don't. Just say sorry.”

 

Donghae twisted around to look at her, “For what?”

 

“For discriminating against gender.”

 

“I wasn't.”

 

“You were.”

 

“Look, it is a fact that men drive better than women.”

 

“That's not a fact, that's nonsense. Nowadays, women can do whatever men can. Actually, even better.”

 

Donghae scoffed and turned back to the road. “Now that's nonsense.”

 

“Want me to prove it?” Tiffany challenged. Donghae twisted around once more and she gave him a ___ smile.

 

 

 

“Wooaah! T-Tiffany! Slow doooowwwn!” Donghae yelled while Tiffany shrieked in delight. They had switched places and she was driving too fast.

 

 

“Believe me, now?”

 

“I do. I do. Just slow down!” He clung to her.

 

Tiffany laughed. Who knew Donghae could be so panicky? Tiffany stopped at ta cliff. “You can let go now.” She took off her helmet.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

Tiffany glared at Donghae who had a stupid smile on his face. She pushed him off her and off the motorcycle. He landed on the ground with a loud thud.

 

“Ouch! What did you do that for?” He frowned at her, massaging his .

 

Tiffany ignored him and stood on the edge of the cliff. “It's nice here, isn't it?” She asked when Donghae joined her.

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

She smiled, taking a deep breath and let it all out in a rush. “That was really fun.”

 

“Speak for yourself. I almost died out there.”

 

“Well, you didn't. So lighten up.” Tiffany stretched and sat on the ground.

 

Donghae followed her. She held up her hand and started tracing the stars.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“I'm writing my name. Hwang Tiffany.” When she finished tracing the letter 'y', she sighed and smiled up at the clouds.

 

“We should go home.”

 

“Let's just stay a little longer.” Tiffany laid down on the grass and closed her eyes. “Just a little bit longer. Please.” She whispered.

 

Donghae gazed at Tiffany and unkowingly a smile crept to his face. 

 

Siwon leaned on his car and watched the two sadly. Am I losing you, Tiffany?

==

First of all, I did NOT intend to make this chapter all about HaeFany. It was just supposed to be a little part.

Second, since there are no YoonBum and SiYoon in this chap, the next would probably focus on them more.

Third, I am open to critcisms. (i.e. this part was too cheesy) don't be too harsh though! xD

Fourth, I am so happy that your comments are getting longer and becoming more detailed! Keep it coming guys!

Fifth, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!