Chapter 12

Our Love

“Yoona, don't worry. I'm fine. A little rain won't hurt me.” Kibum said. Classes were over and the SME trainees were currently resting.

 

“But—but--”

 

“Yoona.” Kibum gave Yoona a look that said 'I'm fine. Don't argue with me anymore.'

 

Yoona sighed. “Ok, fine. Just promise me never to do that again.” She held up her pink finger.

 

“So childish.” Kibum grumbled but linked his pinky with hers anyway. Yoona smiled happily.

 

 

 

“Unnie.” Seohyun whined.

 

“What Seohyun?” Tiffany asked, walking briskly.

 

“Unnie, you can't be serious.” Seohyun complained, matching her sister's pace. “Donghae is my only friend here.”

 

“Then make new ones.”

 

“Unnie!” Seohyun stopped from walking. Tiffany sighed and turned to look at her sister. “I'm doing this for you. That guy is bad news.”

 

Seohyun looked away as tears filled her eyes. Tiffany hugged her sister and caressed her hair, “Just trust me. You don't really want to fight with me over a guy, don't you?”

 

“No.” Seohyun sniffed and she broke the hug. “Does our friendship really burden you?” Tiffany nodded her head. Seohyun sighed and smiled, “Then I won't speak to him anymore.” Tiffany smiled and hugged her sister once again.

 

 

 

“Hey Seohyun! Where are you going?” Donghae walked by Seohyun's side.

 

“Don't bother me. I have practice.” Seohyun said, fastening her pace. Donghae halted, shocked from the coldness of Seohyun's voice. What was that about?

 

 

 

Unnie, I'm not hungry. I'll just go to sleep.” Seohyun announced as soon as they arrived home.

 

Are you sick?” Tiffany asked, worry obvious on her face.

 

Seohyun smiled and shook her head. “No unnie. I'm just tired, that's all.”

 

Are you sure?”

 

Yes, unnie. Excuse me.”

 

Tiffany watched her sister climb up the stairs. She knew exactly why her sister had no appetite. It's all because of that pesky Lee Donghae.

 

 

Tiffany paced her room for about 20 minutes, contemplating whether to talk to Seohyun or not. Finally, she stopped pacing, and decided to go to her sister.

 

Seohyun?” Tiffany knocked the door. “It's me. Unnie. Can I come in?”

 

Yes, unnie.”

 

Tiffany opened the door and gasped. “Seohyun! Have you been crying?” She rushed to her sister's side.

 

Seohyun looked away. “Yes, unnie but don't worry. It's homework. In acting class today, they said we should practice our crying.”

 

Idiot.” Tiffany whispered and Seohyun looked up. “Don't you know it's bad to lie to your unnie? Come here.” Tiffany stretched out her arms and Seohyun moved closer to her. Tiffany hugged Seohyun as the latter cried.

 

When the crying had subsided, Tiffany decided to ask the dreaded question. “You like him, don't you?”

Seohyun didn't answer. “I guess that's a yes.” Tiffany held her sister's shoulders and straightened her up. “Am I right?”

 

The young girl nodded sadly. Tiffany closed her eyes, feeling like a headache was about to come.

 

Unnie, I think he likes me too.” Tiffany's eyes popped open.

 

 

 

I thought you didn't want to have tea with me.” Donghae teased.

 

Sit down.” Tiffany ordered, wiping off the grin from Donghae's face. He sat down and she glared at her.

 

Seriously. Did you just want to meet with me so that you can look at me like that?”

 

Tiffany lowered her lids. “My sister likes you.”

 

What did you say?”

 

Tiffany looked at him. “You heard me.” She scoffed. “I can't believe you. How could you do that to my sister? How could you lead her on? You're an insensitive jerk.”

 

Tiffany, I--”

 

Shut up! I don't want to hear your explanation! As a matter of fact, I don't want to hear anything from you ever! From now on, stop bothering me and my sister.” Tiffany stood up quickly but Donghae grabbed her wrist. “Wait, let me talk to her.”

 

Tiffany pulled her hand away. “What for? To break her heart even more?”

 

Don't you think that Seohyun's heart would heal faster if I talked to her?” He looked at her with pleading eyes.

 

 

 

Tiffany waited as Seohyun talked with Donghae. She could hear her sister crying but she restrained herself from interfering. This was something Seohyun had to deal with on her own. She watched as Donghae hugged Seohyun and kissed her on the forehead. They broke apart quickly and Seohyun threw him a smile. He smiled back.

 

Unnie, let's go.”

 

Tiffany smiled and patted her sister's head. “Go wait for me in the car. I still have something to do.”

 

Seohyun nodded. Tiffany looked at Donghae and walked over.

 

I don't know why you did that but--.”

 

I did that because I cared for her.” Donghae cut her off.

 

One of Tiffany's brows shut up.

 

I'm serious. Seohyun is like a little sister to me.”

 

Tiffany stared at him, unsure whether to believe him or not.

 

Donghae sighed and continued. “Don't worry. I won't bother her anymore. You too. Take care on the way home.”

 

Tiffany continued staring at Donghae's back, still shocked of what had just happened.

 

==

Sorry for the late update. I've been sick. Well, actually, I'm still sick. So I would like to inform you all that the next update would take some time. I hope you guys understand and I hope that you could wait for me. :) I did this chap before I got sick, that's why I'm able to post it now.