Chapter 18

Our Love

Tiffany smiled. “What kind of question is that? Of course I like him. We're friends.”

 

Yoona was about to explain to Tiffany what she had meant but decided against it at the last second. It was none of her business anyway. Instead, she smiled back.

 

“Anyway, what I want to tell you is that, take care of Siwon. He might not look like it but he's actually very fragile.”

 

“No problem.” Yoona smiled, hiding her confusion.

 

 

 

“Why were you talking to her?” Siwon asked as he walked beside Tiffany.

 

“Why? Is it a crime if I talked to her?”

 

“What did you tell her?” Siwon asked, worry etched on his face. Tiffany smiled as she realized something. “You really care about her, don't you?”

 

“What made you say that?”

 

“Well, if you didn't, you wouldn't care what she thinks of you.” Tiffany looked away and frowned. “What to do? It looks like I have a rival.”

 

Siwon stepped around and blocked Tiffany. “Are you...jealous?”

 

Tiffany looked at him. “Of course I am. I got so used to the fact that your attention was always on me, that now it feels strange.”

 

Siwon smiled. Tiffany stared at him. “Why are you smiling?” Siwon's smile widened. “Nothing. I just felt like it.”

 

 

“What's going on?” Sooyoung joined Yoona by the window.

 

“What do you mean?” Yoona turned to look at her. Sooyoung sighed and leaned on the window sill, facing the wall. “You haven't been yourself lately. Specifically, you've been quiet.”

 

“Really? I haven't noticed.” Yoona responded monotonously.

 

“Well, are you going to talk to me or not?” Sooyoung's tone was harsh but nevertheless, she had good intentions.

 

“I lost my best friend.” Yoona bowed her head and tried to stop the tears.

 

“What? Kibum?” Sooyoung stretched out her arms and hugged Yoona. Yoona leaned on her, though she still prevented the tears from spilling.

 

 

 

Kibum walked over to Donghae and handed him a soda. Donghae, who was sitting on the floor, looked up. Confusion was written in Donghae's at first but it was quickly replaced with a smile. He gratefully accepted the soda and Kibum settled next to him.

 

“If this is your way of saying sorry, then I accept it. “

 

“I didn't mean to become violent towards you but I wasn't lying.”

 

“I know, I know.” Donghae answered nonchalantly. “Anyway, I shouldn't have made those comments.

I'm sorry too. But I was just joking. I wasn't actually going to do something to the girl.”

 

Kibum didn't answer and just stared at the ground. Donghae took a swig of the soda and looked at him. “You like her, don't you? No, wait, let me rephrase that. You're in love with her.”

 

Kibum's head snapped up. His face was calm but his eyes betrayed him. “What are you talking about?” Donghae smirked and finished off his soda. “I guess I was wrong then.” He shrugged.

 

Kibum returned to staring at the floor. He spoke after awhile. “How did you know?”

 

“Let's just say I knew someone like you. Someone who was so in love with a girl that he would do anything for her, even when it hurt him.”

 

“So what happened in the end? Did he get the girl?”

 

“They became lovers but she ended up leaving him. You know what I think? I think she never really loved him.”

 

“Then I made the right decision to stay away from her.” Kibum muttered, speaking more to himself than to Donghae.

 

“Wrong!” Donghae made a buzzer sound. “If you give up now without even trying you'll regret it. It's better to know 'what is' than to wonder 'what if.'”

 

Kibum stared at him. Did Donghae the playboy just give him love advice?

 

“Don't look at me like that. It's offending you know.”

 

“Break time's over. Let's get back to practicing everyone!” The trainer called, gesturing for everyone to get up and assemble in the middle of the room.

 

Donghae groaned. “That wasn't even 30 minutes!”

 

“Let's go. And by the way, tell east sea I'm sorry for what had happened to him.” Kibum stood up and took his spot before Donghae could respond. A smile came on Donghae's face. Kibum was a smart guy.

==

 For those who didn't get the last part, which I doubt, Donghae's name is east sea in English. :)

It's so fun watching you guys tryong to guess who ends up with who. teehee>:)