Chapter 25

Our Love

“I'm not giving up on Tiffany.” Donghae announced, looking at Siwon seriously. Much to his surprise though, a smile came upon Siwon's lips.

 

“Well, then, let's settle this on a competition.”

 

“What competition?”

 

“Our weekly assignment as trainees is to perform a song, either solo or duet, that best expresses our emotions right now. And I have a song in mind.” Siwon said. “The better performer gets Tiffany while the loser backs off. What can you say? Deal?” He held out his hand.

 

“Deal.” Donghae shared a quick but strong handshake with Siwon.

 

 

 

 

“So far, this week's assignment is my favorite one!” Sooyoung smiled, sitting down next to Yoona at SM's cafeteria.

 

“Really?” Yoona replied, listleslly. “Why?”

 

“Because we'll be singing a song that best expresses our current state.” Sooyoung said. “It's a hundred times better than having to do a personal talent. Even though I am kinda good with personal talents.”

 

“Congrats.” Yoona sighed.

 

“What's wrong with you?” Sooyoung frowned. “Ah, let me guess. It's Kibum, right?”

 

Yoona turned her head to look at Sooyoung.

 

“Tsk. So stubborn.” Sooyoung said, grabbing some of Yoona's food.

 

 

 

“This isn't working!” Seohyun whined, hitting her pillow.

 

“Seohyun?” Tiffany rushed into Seohyun's room, her eyes opened wide. “What happened? Is something wrong?”

 

Seohyun pouted and leaned back. “I can't find a song for the weekly assignment.”

 

“Oh.” Tiffany relaxed, breathing a sign of relief. She walked over to Seohyun's bed and sat down beside her. “Do you need some help?”

 

“Unnie.” Seohyun looked at Tiffany gratefully. “Thank you.”

 

“No biggie.” Tiffany smiled. “Now, let me run through the songs you've searched.” She pulled Seohyun's laptop into her lap. “What the..? You were searching for love songs?”

 

 

 

 

The days went by pretty quickly and Friday finally arrived. Everyone was pretty excited about the weekly assignment, they all wanted to sing up on stage. It made them feel like they were debuting. Well, almost everyone anyway. Since there were three guys who took it more seriously than anyone else. And why? Because it had to do with the matters of the heart, of course.

 

It was Kibum's turn and he sang Hwang Ji Hyun's 'I don't want to know goodbye.' In that room, four people knew to whom he was dedicating the song to. Yoona looked away though she can't help listening to him. Donghae felt proud and was smiling. Sooyoung was touched by the sentiment. And of course, Kibum was only focusing on getting the message across to the girl he loved.

 

 

Siwon and Donghae did a duet of The Girl is Mine. They would alternated every few lines or so. So it seemed like they were fighting over a girl. The girls were swooning, imagining themselves to be the lucky girl.

 

“Unnie, I think they're singing about you.” Seohyun whispered while Tiffany tried to keep from falling.

 

 

Finally, it was the girls' turn. For Yoona, she sang IU's Someday which depicted her desire to become the happy, carefree girl she used to be. Siwon looked at her intently, completely understanding why she chose the song. Kibum felt sad and hurt, because he knew he was the one causing Yoona's sadness.

 

When it was Tiffany's turn, the cheers became louder than usual. Especially from the boys. Two of them were disappointed though. Siwon and Donghae though Tiffany would sing a song that would allow them to understand her heart but Tiffany had chosen Mariah Carey's 'Hero.'

 

These five people definitely shone that day though they weren't really the highlight. No, it was Seohyun, who sang with Kyuhyun, that shined the brightest that day. They sang IU and Na Yoon Kwon's 'First Love', which conveyed to everyone that they were a couple. It was a very charming stage because you can see the innocence and sweetness of a young couple's love.

===

AWWW! Thanks to everyone for waiting! I finished this as soon as I can. I hope this chap was worth the delay or more than a week! :)