Chapter 26

Our Love

“Thank you.” Donghae said, facing Siwon's back.

 

“For what?” Siwon asked, who was fixing his things.

 

“For letting me win.”

 

About five hours before the conversation, Donghae and Siwon were on the stage performing The Girl is Mine. Near the end of the performance, Siwon had lost his balance and slipped. He managed to brush it off and finish the performance. And like Siwon and Donghae had agreed upon, the better performer gets to pursue Tiffany which meant zero margin for errors.

 

“Who said I let you win?” Siwon faced Donghae. Donghae looked puzzled while Siwon just looked cold. Siwon slung his bag over his shoulder and started to walk out of the room. “Don't make me regret my decision.” He paused before stepping out of the door.

 

 

 

“Hello, my name is Cho Kyuhyun. It's an honor to finally meet you.” Kyuhyun bowed to Tiffany while Seohyun stood nervously by his side.

 

“What are you doing?” Tiffany asked, her hands crossed over her chest. Seohyun winced, “Unnie.”

 

“I might be your sister-in-law someday.” Tiffany smiled. “I think a hug is more appropriate. Don't you think so?”

 

“W-what?” Kyuhyun asked, his head lifted but his body still bent over.

 

“Didn't you hear me?Give me a hug, brother-in-law!” Tiffany squealed, giving Kyuhyun a quick squeeze. The boy awkwardly hugged her back. Seohyun smiled out of relief and embarrassment at the same time.

 

“Unnie, we just started dating.” Seohyun whispered.

 

“Wow, you're so tall.” Tiffany said, ignoring her sister. “Good thing my baby sister here didn't get my height, huh?”

 

Before Kyuhyun could react to Tiffany's joke, he saw a senior behind her and quickly greeted him. Tiffany turned around and immediately frowned when she found out who the senior was.

 

 

 

“Why did you want to meet me?” Kibum asked. Under the cold face he put on, you could see the confusion and surprise.

 

“I came here for Yoona.” Sooyoung said and Kibum's expression softened immediately. “You're not planning on giving up on her, right?”

 

 

 

 

“I looked handsome, didn't I?” Donghae said, glancing at Tiffany. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Oh c'mon, at least admit that I did a good job.”

 

Tiffany sighed. “You did well. Congratulations.”

 

“You could have said that more sincerely.” Donghae muttered.

 

“Do you want me to take it back then?”

 

“What? No! Of course not! I'm just kidding! You're too serious!”

 

Tiffany suddenly laughed making Donghae confused. “W-what?”

 

“Is this true?” She teased. “Lee Donghae panicking? I thought you were so cool and laid-back.”

 

“You do that to me.” Donghae blurted and Tiffany lost her teasing demeanor.

 

“I mean, you look scary when you're angry you know!” Donghae said, earning a glare and a punch from Tiffany.

 

 

 

“Don't feel so down.” Yoona said. “Even when you slipped, you looked handsome.”

 

Siwon smiled. “Really?”

 

“Really.” Yoona nodded.

 

Siwon chuckled. “You weren't so bad yourself too.”

 

“Well..” Yoona looked away. “I was just singing what was inside here.” She patted the flesh above her left chest.

 

Siwon reached out and squeezed Yoona's hand. She turned back to him, surprised. He just smiled at her and slowly a smile came across her face. She scooted closer to him and leaned on his shoulder.

 

“Someday your tears will stop running. Someday when the darkness clears up, the warm sunshine will dry your tears.” Siwon caressed her hair.

 

Yoona smiled faintly “Someday.”

 

==

Frankly, I find this chap boring. And for those, who didn't search for IU's someday, which Yoona sang. Siwon's last words here were from the lyrics of that song.