Chapter 36

Our Love

“Why the hell would you do that?!” Donghae bellowed as soon as he and Boa were away from prying eyes.

 

“What do you mean?” Boa asked, acting innocent.

 

“Why did you tell them we had a relationship?!”

 

“Correction, I said I was dating someone.”

 

“What do you want?” Donghae hissed.

 

Boa laughed. “You know me too well. All I want is the truth.”

 

“What do you mean?” Donghae's eyes narrowed, a hint of defensiveness in his voice.

 

“I know when you're lying.” Boa said, all traces of humor gone. “You think I actually believed when you said, you simply came to Japan just to see me? Of course I was never actually sure. That is, until you furiously barged into my dressing room. And that's when I knew. You were in love with somebody else.”

 

“I did come here for you, but not because of the reason you think of.” Donghae said quietly.

 

“So you mean I'm wrong? That my assumption that you came here to destroy me is false?”

 

“I never had that intention.” Donghae stared into her eyes. “I would never try to hurt you.”

 

“Oh?” Boa cocked her head.

 

“Yes. Even though you had hurt me, I didn't come for revenge.”

 

Boa stared into Donghae's eyes. “You're telling the truth.” She murmured.

 

“I am.”

 

“Then why did you come here?”

 

“Just like you, I'm only seeking the truth.”

 

 

 

 

“I feel bad for her.” Yoona frowned, referring to Tiffany who was walking down the hallways, stares and whispers following her.

 

“Me too. Donghae's a jerk.”

 

“It wasn't proven that it really was Donghae.”

 

“Then who do you think it is? Everyone knows Donghae and Boa had a relationship before. At least everyone in our batch knows.”

 

Yoona sighed, unable to deny the facts.

 

“What?!” A voice came from behind them, making them jump. They quickly turned around and saw Tiffany's sister, Seohyun, standing a few inches behind them.

 

“I-I'm sorry. I was just passing by and accidentally heard your conversation.” She apologized, bowing her head down. “But...did I hear right? That Boa and Donghae had a relationship before?”

 

Yoona nodded, smiling politely.

 

“Oh my gosh.” Seohyun gasped.

 

Sooyoung and Yoona shared a look. So the rumors were true. There was something going on between Tiffany and Donghae.

 

 

 

 

“So that's all? You simply came here to find out why I had dumped you five years ago?” Boa asked, still a bit skeptic.

 

Dongae nodded, feeling morose.

 

“I told you before. I left you to pursue a career in Japan.”

 

“Is that really only the reason?” Donghae met her eyes.

 

Boa looked away. “What else would their be?”

 

Donghae stood up and went over to her. “I know you Boa. I know when you're lying.”

 

Boa snorted. “Oh? Then why didn't you say so the day I left you?”

 

“I didn't realize it back then. I was... hurt.”

 

Boa stood up and faced him. “That was the truth. I had no reason to lie to you.” She was making her way to the door when Donghae said something that stopped in her tracks.

 

“So you really never loved me then?”

 

 

 

 

“I am sooo stupid.” Tiffany sniffed, her nose and eyes red. “Well, obviously, he never took me seriously. He was Lee Donghae, the playboy. Gosh, why did I even......” She trailed off, falling asleep. Not a surprise since she had already drowned one bottle of wine. Of course, they were safely hidden in Siwon's house.

Siwon sighed, setting down his own glass of wine. He studied Tiffany morosely for a moment before walking over and carrying her in his arms.

 

“I think it's time to go home.” Siwon said, his voice hoarse.

 

 

 

“Unnie.” Seohyun gasped as she opened the back door. “What the heck happened?”

 

“I'll tell you everything later. Let's get her to bed first.”

 

After settling down Tiffany on her bed, Seohyun and Siwon made their way to the living room.

 

“It's because of Donghae, isn't it?” Seohyun asked.

 

Siwon nodded.

 

Seohyun sighed. “It's all my fault.” She whimpered. “I never should have helped Donghae with her. It's just.... I thought...” Seohyun burst into tears and Siwon quickly enveloped her in a comforting hug.

 

“Don't blame yourself. I was fooled too. Everyone was. The only person at fault here is Donghae and nobody else.”

===

3 more chapters! Sunday will mark the ending. :)