Chapter 16

Our Love

Yoona dragged herself home, feeling weak and tired. Kibum's words echoed in her mind. I don't want to be friends anymore. She was so absorbed in her thoughts that she didn't realize that Siwon had been following her ever since she left SME.

 

He didn't try to approach her though. He felt that it just wasn't the right time. And also, he didn't want to tell her that he'd seen her 'fight' with Kibum. He just quietly followed her, just to make sure she would arrive home safely.

 

 

 

Tiffany frowned, wondering if what she had seen was really true or if it was just all a part of her imagination. Had Siwon really left and followed Yoona? She knew they were becoming closer these days but she didn't think they were that close. Tiffany's head was so high up in the clouds that she didn't notice the wall in front of her, until she crashed into it.

 

Her frown deepened as she massaged her head. She heard a snicker and her head shot up.

 

What's so funny?” She snapped at the snikcering Donghae.

 

I never though you were good at body gags.” He gave her a thumbs up. Tiffany glared at him before walking away.

 

Where are you going?” He asked as he fell into step with her.

 

None of your business.”

 

Why are you so grouchy? Is it because we spent the whole night together?” Donghae asked as he followed Tiffany into a room.

 

Tiffany abruptly stopped and the whole room suddenly turned quiet. She spun around and kicked Donghae's shin.

 

Ouch! What did you do that for?”

 

Be quiet!” She hissed. She straigtened her back and glared at Donghae. “Why would I spend the night with you? Are we friends? No. I don't even have any sort of relationship with you. You must have mistaken me for another one of your girls.” She said this out loud, sending pleading signals to Donghae to go along.

 

Donghae quickly caught up and supressed a smile. “Really? It wasn't you? But...” He leaned towards her, until their noses were almost touching. “She had the exact same eye-smile as you.” He smirked.

 

Tiffany opened to retort but was cut off by a voice saying, “Unnie, is it true?”

 

Donghae and Tiffany turned to look at Seohyun, her emotions unreadable.

 

 

 

Sitting on the front step of the porch, Yoona was oblivious to her surroundings. She was too shocked to even cry. Everything that had just happened was just a nightmare, right? She reached into her pocket and produced a bracelet. The bracelet that Kibum had given her and all of a sudden, she remembered.

 

 

B-but why? Did I do something wrong?” Yoona asked, biting her trembling lip.

 

Kibum marched over and grabbed her left wrist. “Do you remember when I asked you if you lost something?” She nodded. “I'm going to ask you again. Did you lose something?”

 

I told you I lost a pair of socks.”

 

Who cares about the socks?!” Kibum growled, his grip unconcsiously tighetned.

 

B-bummie! It hurts!” Yoona whimpered, struggling to take her hand back. Kibum quickly let go and took a step back. “I-I....I didn't mean to. I'm sorry.” He was about to take off again but Yoona grabbed his arm.

 

Please let go of me.”

 

I don't want to.” Yoona said stubbornly. “Not until you tell me what's wrong.”

 

Kibum snapped his hand away as he reached into his pocket. He produced something Yoona couldn't see. He stared at it for a bit before forcefully throwing it away. They heard a small clink and Kibum took off without another word.

 

When Yoona had finally gathered her concsiousness, she went to look for whatever Kibum had thrown. It took her one good hour to find it and when she did, she finally understood Kibum's feelings.

 

I'm sorry. I won't bother you anymore.

 

Siwon stared at Yoona from behind an oak tree. It was his first time seeing her like this and it worried him. He was just about to go to her when he saw a middle-aged woman come towards Yoona. He watched as they hugged and Yoona finally cried.