Chapter 6

Our Love

“Unnie, what happened?!” Seohyun's, Tiffany's little sister, eyes were wide with shock and concern.

 

Tiffany smiled sheepishly at her. “I tripped.”

 

“Why?!” She rushed over, helping Tiffany sit on the couch.

 

“Dancing.”

 

Seohyun pouted. “Unnie, does it hurt?”

 

“It stings a little bit but I'm fine. Stop worrying, sis.” Tiffany reached up and patted her sister's head.

 

Seohyun sighed and leaned on Tiffany, who was still patting her head. “Unnie, I'm sorry.”

 

Tiffany paused “For what?”

 

Seohyun sat up and looked at her sister apologetically. “For not being able to do anything for you.”

 

Tiffany laughed, hugging her sister. “Seohyun, just knowing there's someone waiting for me back at home, already makes me feel a whole lot better.” Seohyun whimpered. “Really?”

 

“Really.” Tiffany smiled and gave her a little kiss on the forehead. All of a sudden, Seohyun jumped up. “Unnie, I know! I'll cook something for you! You must be feeling hungry!”

 

Actually, I ate on the way home. “Uh—sure!” Tiffany watched her sister hurry to the kitchen. She sure has grown up. Already a teenager. My baby sister is a teenager. Gosh, I feel so old.

 

 

 

Yoona was rushing to SME because she was late. Again. “Aish. I'm going to get in so much trouble.” She frowned, speeding up. Yoona felt a little better when she finally entered the building but her running didn't stop there. She still had to make it to the training room.

 

Almost there. Almost there. “Agh!” Yoona crashed into someone and they both fell down. It took Yoona a few seconds to recover from the shock. That's when she heard the sound of someone in pain. She lifted her head and saw the source of the sound, Tiffany. Then she realized that she was lying on Tiffany's foot. Tiffany's bad foot.

 

Yoona gasped and hurriedly got up. “Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. So, so sorry!” She picked up Tiffany's crutches and helped the poor girl back to her feet. Yoona kept on bowing and apologizing.

 

Somehow, Tiffany managed to smile despite the fact that she was still in pain. “It's ok. Really. Don't worry about it.”

 

I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I really am---” Yoona finally stopped and lifted her head when she heard Tiffany laughing. Tiffany bent over and made Tiffany stand up straight. “Look, I know you didn't mean it. I admit it hurt a bit but I'm fine. Really. “

 

A-are you sure?” Yoona's eyes were wide with surprise and concern. There were rumors that Tiffany was a stuck-up snob. That even though she had a sweet smile, she actually had a bad personality. I guess those rumors weren't true at all.

 

Yes, really.” Tiffany smiled. “Actually the pain's gone. I'd show you by walking but the cast won't let me do that.” Yoona laughed, finally relaxing.

 

I'm Tiffany, by the way.” Tiffany held out her hand. That wiped off the smile from Yoona's face. “Uh..Yoona.”

 

Yoona? Nice name. Are you new here?”

 

Yoona's jaw dropped. Seriously? We go to the same school! “Uh..no.”

 

Tiffany frowned. “Hmm. Funny, I don't recall seeing you before.”

 

We even practice together sometimes! “Me neither!” A look of confusion crossed Tiffany's face. “I've never seen you before. Ever.” At least that could salvage the bit of pride that I have.

 

Tiffany smiled, trying to hide her surprise. “Oh! Really? That's---” Tiffany was cut off when someone yelled Yoona's name. The girls looked up and saw Sooyoung, one of the trainees.

 

Yoona, the D.I.'s been looking for you. You're in big trouble. You should go now.”

 

Yoona controlled her urge to smack herself in the head. She was too focused on “salvaging” her pride that she completely forgot about the practice. “I gotta go. It was nice meeting you.” Yoona grabbed Sooyoung's hand and they ran to the practice room.

 

Bye! It was nice meeting you too!” Tiffany called.

 

You're friends with Tiffany now?” Sooyoung asked Yoona as they continued running.

 

I wish.” Yoona muttered.

 

Tiffany felt her phone vibrate from her pocket. She took out her phone and read the message.

 

 

 

Unnie!” Seohyun alighted the car and enveloped Tiffany in a hug.

 

Hey, sis.” Tiffany hugged her back. “Are you ready?” Tiffany asked as they broke apart.

 

Seohyun nodded as a look of determination settled on her features. Tiffany smiled. “Good luck.” Seohyun wanted to be a singer like her sister so she decided to audition at SME. Tiffany was confident that her sister is getting in. After all, Seohyun had the looks and the talent and of course, she was a Hwang. The Hwangs had this uncanny ability to get whatever they wanted.