Chapter 9

Our Love

“So, why'd you call me?” Seohyun asked as she walked with Donghae.

 

He shrugged and smiled his sweetest smile. “Just wanted to see you, I guess.” Seohyun jokingly rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips. He laughed.

 

“Do you drink?” He suddenly asked, making Seohyun stop from walking.

 

 

 

 

“Are you ok?” Siwon asked.

 

Yoona stared at him. Her face still of utter shock. Siwon grabbed her shoulders and looked her in the eye. “Are you ok? Answer me. “ Yoona's eyes widened even more. “Are you currently experiencing trauma?”

 

A sound finally came out of Yoona's mouth. She laughed. She laughed because of how stupid that last line sound. Siwon breathe out a sigh of relief. She was ok. Though he was confused why she was laughing so hard.

 

“I-I'm ok.” She answered, feeling out of breath because of the laughing. Siwon smiled. “I'm glad.” Yoona's smile disappeared, feeling touched and giggly. Then she realized how close she was to him. She could smell a faint trace of his cologone. Siwon also realized this and he moved to her side, muttering an apology.

 

Yoona coughed, “It's ok.” and smiled. Siwon smiled back. “Are you sure?” She nodded her head. “Can I take you home, then?” He offered her his arm. Yoona smiled shyly before hooking her arm with his.

 

 

 

“Thank you for taking me home.” Yoona smiled shyly. She and Siwon were standing on the front steps of her door.

 

“No problem.” Siwon smiled.

 

“Do you want to come in?” She offered, though she secretly hoped she would say no. Siwon was a rich guy, he might not like the place.

 

“No, thank you. I still have to wake up early tomorrow. Student council meeting.”

 

She nodded her head, feeling relieved but a tad dissapointed.

 

“I'll be going, then.”

 

“Take care.”

 

“Get in, first.”

 

She lifted her head and looked at Siwon. He shrugged and smiled, “I just want to make sure that you'll be safe.”

 

Yoona smiled. “Bye then.” She stepped inside and closed the door. She watched from the window as Siwon got inside her car and drove away. She sighed dreamily and leaned on the window sill, only to jump from surprise when her handphone rang.

 

“Where are you?! I've been calling and texting but you're not answering!” Kibum's voice boomed, making Yoona cringe.

 

“Bummie, relax. I just got home.”

 

“Why did it take you so long to get home?”

 

“I ate and did some shopping.” She fibbed. She didn't want Kibum to know about the car incident, he would just freak out.

 

“In the middle of the night?”

 

“Yes, in the middle of the night. Malls are less crowded and there are shorter lines.”

 

 

 

 

“Fine. I'll see you tomorrow then.” Kibum sighed.

 

“Bye Bummie!”

 

“Yoona, wai--!” Kibum looked at his phone. This was the 2nd time Yoona cut him off. Kibum threw his phone and himself on his bed, wondering why Yoona lied to him.

 

Kibum had left practice early since Yoona didn't answer his calls or reply to his texts and he was really getting worried. The image of Siwon and Yoona on that dark alleyway was clearly imprinted on his mind. Yoona, why do I feel like we're drifting away from each other?

 

 

 

Have you ever been in love?” Donghae asked.

 

No.” Seohyun smiled shyly. “I'd like to.”

 

Then why haven't you?”

 

I guess the right guy just hasn't come along yet.” She said this with a sparkle in her eye.

 

Donghae scoffed and finished his soda.

 

How about you?”

 

What about me?”

 

Seohyun leaned towards him, showing her curiousity and interest. “Have you ever been in love?”

 

Donghae smirked, and leaned towards her. “It's a secret.” He whispered. He chuckled and stood up, putting down money on the table. Seohyun was frowning at him. “Let's go. I'll take you home.” He smiled.