Chapter 6

Pretty Boy

 

Chapter 6: First Date? How smooth can the Princes get?

 

Beethoven 5th Symphony blares at the peaceful restaurant. Some students are studying for their upcoming exams; others on the other hand are having their time to relax except for those two people who just barges in. Demanding to be seated at the most private corner of the place and if they don’t do what he wants then he would have to close the shop this instant!

So there they are staring at each other face to face (eye to eye), as if one blink would result to instant death. They’ve been like this for about fifteen minutes already and no one was ready to concede. Sighing, Dara finally gave him her deadliest glare but not once did GD even flinch.

Dara:  You’re one tough guy aren’t you? Yah! You do know that what you just did was kidnapping right?

GD: [smirks] This is called ‘dating’ or maybe your small mind can’t even understand that? And stop staring at me like that. [flicks his hair] Am I that handsome that you can’t stop staring at me?

Dara: [continued staring] I didn’t even agree to your so-called “dating”. [glares] And don’t demean my intelligence! Because, you’re the stupid one here, not me. And don’t be so full of yourself, Mr. Stalker!

GD: I’m not a stalker [scowls] and I have a name. It’s Kwon Jiyong.

Dara: [suddenly kneels down] Oh Lord! Why did you create a creature named Kwon Jiyong?! He should be extinct by now like the dinosaurs!

GD: [resisting himself to rip ] Breathe in… Breath out… I’m doing this as a peace offering. Just think of this as my apology.

Dara: [continue her praying] Alas! The creature named Kwon Jiyong speaks!

GD: [irritated] Will you stop that?!

Dara: [innocently looks at him] Stop what?

GD: That… that… NEVERMIND! [buries face in his palms] Good Lord, please spare me from this devil.

Dara: [suddenly return to her seat] I’m hungry…

GD: What?

Dara: This is a date, right?! [brightens] And since you’re the one who asked me out, you ARE going to treat me right? [smiles]

GD: [sighs and tries to give her a smile] Sure. Go ahead and order anything you like.

Dara’s smile widens even more and called the waitress, which took her orders. GD’s eyes can’t help but widen when she practically ordered EVERYTHING on the menu. After placing her orders, Dara looked at GD with a smug expression.

GD: [shakes head] I think I’ll be really poor with this girl! My precious money…

When the food finally arrived, Dara quickly indulged everything that was served to her and all GD could do was gape at her.

GD: What the?! This thin girl eats like five hungry bouncers! She’s the first one I saw eating like that! Aren’t all girls usually conscious with what they eat? Yuck… A food is even stuck at her teeth! O_O

After a few minutes, Dara happily tapped her now full stomach. GD leaned back and massaged his aching head.

GD: Aigoo… I really am going to be poor after this…

Dara: [smiles widely] ^________^V

 

~~~~***~~~~

YONG and HYUN SIDE

 

Seohyun sat on a bench while she waits patiently for Yo~ng to arrive. He called her a while ago to meet him there and after a few minutes, he finally arrives, panting.

Yong: [breathing deeply] I’m so sorry for being late. I hope you’ll have the heart to forgive me. [smiles]

Hyun: Oh, don’t worry about it. I just arrive here myself [smiles]

Yong: [smile widens] So, you ready to go to the bookstore? [offers arms]

Hyun nods at him and walk past him and went to Yong’s Ferrari leaving the poor boy staring at his arms.

Yong: Such a clueless lady… [shakes head and follow her]

He then opened the door for her, Seohyun only gave him a smile, and a thank you and Yonghwa can’t help but grin. A challenge.

The girls, on the other hand, can only stare jealously, wishing they were in Seohyun’s place. They were driving to the bookstore in awkward silence and when they got there, Yonghwa can’t help but gape. He has never seen a bookstore this big and It has freaking three floors! When they entered, he can feel his blood draining, he has never seen so many books before, well; he was never really a reader so he avoids these places as much as possible.

 For the first time, he saw hyun look so happy. He was surprised to find her steps looked as if she’s dancing and she fluidly stops at a serious looking section.

Hyun: [face him and smiles widely] This is my favorite section.

Yong: [squints eyes] Self-improvement Section… Why does she need to read this type of books? [smiles weakly] Really? Then what does uri Hyu~n recommends?

Hyun: Well... I’ve read this one and it’s really good. [pick one thick looking book] But you can’t really read this because it’s already the third one so you should start here. [picks another one] Although, I also like this one... ----> already in her own world.

Yonghwa could only follow her and accept the books being given to him.

Yong: [pale] I can’t read 7 books! Sh*t! What have I gotten myself into? Ummm… Hyu~n!

Hyun: [stops her book scouting] De?

Yong: [shows his arm full of book] Do you think you can recommend just one? What’s your favorite book?

Hyun: [pouts] Can’t you read everything? How about one book per week? [looks at him expectantly]

Yong: One book per week? I’ll be brain dead before I can even finish one and now I need to read one per week!

Hyun: [looks at the frozen Yonghwa] Are you alright? [looks dejected] I’m sorry if I’ve become too happy with the sight books. How about we return them? [about to reach for the books]

Yong: [turns around and blocks her arms] I didn’t say I’m not going to read this Hyu~n. It’s just that it’s a bit too much for a first time reader like me. How about I buy all and I’ll try to read as much as I can? Besides, how can I not read the books Hyu~n painstakingly picked for me. [aegyo]

Hyun: [shyly smiles] Then let’s go and pay for it?

They then went to the cashier and paid for the books.

Yong: What have I gotten myself into?

Hyun: I’ve already picked you some books so can I have mine now?

Yong: Not just yet... [smiles]

Hyun: Eh? But...

Yong: Don’t worry Hyu~n, I always keep my promise but first let’s eat!

Hyun: [pouts] Alright, after we eat. Promise you’ll give it back?

Yonghwa suddenly faced her and hooked his pinky to hers.

Yong: I, Jung Yonghwa, promise to return Seo Joo Hyun’s book after we eat. [then let go of their intertwined fingers]

Hyun: [looks at her pinky] Okay...

The both of them then went at a nearby cafe. And once they settled down an awkward silence filled the place.

Yong: So... What do you want to eat?

{SILENCE}

Yong: [scratches his head] How about I order for you? Is that alright?

Hyun: [nods head]

Yonghwa could only give an awkward laugh and finally calls for the server. He was a bit frazzled on what he was going to say. Earlier, she was talkative regarding the topics of books and now she’s so silent he can hear his own breathing.

He looks thoughtfully at the menu presented at him. If his investigators were correct, her favorite foods are healthy ones especially gogumas and she hates fried foods specifically hamburgers. This is one thing that made him slightly better than his hyung. He asked someone to investigate [more like stalk] about Seo Joo Hyun’s favorite things.

YONGHWA: 1     JIYONG: 0

Yong: Alright, we’ll have one goguma latte and one iced cafe Americano. Also can each of us have a sliced goguma cake? [he then faced Hyun] Is that order fine with you, Hyu~n?

Hyun: O__O Goguma! Waaaahhhhhh! I LOVE GOGUMAS!!! GOGUMA! GOGUMA! GOGUMA!

Yong [smiles triumphantly] I guess that’s all. Thank you.

Another awkward silence fell on the both of them as they wait for their orders.

Yong: This is awkward! I’ve never ran out of things to say to a girl because they’re usually the aggressive ones. Aigoo...

Finally, their order came and he can’t help but watch amusedly at the silent girl as she watches the cake and latte being handed to her plate. He then heard her mumble something before slowly slicing a piece of her cake and eating it.

Hyun: So delicious.... goguma....

Yong: Did you like it?

Hyun: [nods her head happily]

Yong: [smiles] I’m glad.

[Silence] [Fork sounds] [Silence] [Drinking sound] [Silence]

Hyun: I’m done. Thank you for the food. Can I have my book now?

Yong: [gives up] Yeah... here you go. [gives the book back] I enjoyed reading it.

Hyun: [nods]

Yong: [sighs] Do you hate me?

Hyun: [raises a brow] What made you say that? [hugs her book]

Yong: Well... [scratches head] I guess it’s because you don’t talk to me that much.

Hyun: It’s because I don’t have anything to say at all. I barely even know you.

Yong: She’s the innocent type. Hmmm. How can I make pure girl fall fast at my feet? I see... Then you don’t hate me?

Hyun looks at him for a while then slowly shakes her head.

Yong: [look expectantly] Does that mean we can be friends?

Hyun: [stare] Yeah... I guess…

[Silence]

[Stares at each other]

[Awkward Silence]

Yong: I think this is going to be harder than I thought...

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

The dates didn’t exactly go as they planned. GD and Yong were used to girls falling at their feet with just one charming look. Sometimes, they wouldn’t even need to talk to get the girls’ hearts, but those two girls are different that they don’t know what move they are going to do next. Yonghwa did his best to make Seohyun talk to him [even started reading books] while Jiyong did his best to make Sandara hate him less [trying not to shout much] but luck wasn’t on their side. Two days have already passed since their first dates but their relationship with the Park-Seo sisters never improved a bit. [Well except for Yonghwa who somehow made Hyun talk to him for about two sentence! :D]

GD: Aaaargh! That woman is just impossible! [was about to throw a vase when a maid entered the living room]

Maid: [puzzled look] Young Master? Why are you carrying that vase?

GD: I’m... just appreciating the flower’s beauty and smell. [sniffs]

Maid: Oh... I didn’t know Young Master likes flowers. [smiles] I should put more fresh flowers often then [bows and leaves the room]

Yong: Pfftttt!! Hahahaha! Flowers hyung?! Hahaha. That is something new! Now I know what I would tell the guys to give you on your birthday! [clutches his poor stomach]

GD: Shut up! [he growled and flops on the couch]

Yong: [stifles laughter] So... what’s your progress to make Crazy-Dara fall for you coming along? [grins]

GD: I don’t want to talk about it! She already robbed the life out of me. I want to cherish my remaining years of existence before I lost it all.

Yong: Haha! At least one of us is happy. Hyu~n and I are taking it to the next level. [proud]

GD: [raises brow] What do you mean by that?

Yong: [stops reading] Before, we usually have 1 minute of awkward silence. [put out his index finger in a #1 sign] But now, it’s down to forty-five seconds. Hyung, forty five seconds!

GD: Haha! Is that something to be proud of? You even counted the number of seconds? You’ve already gone nuts, Yong!

Yong: [returned reading his book] Hey, at least I have some improvement. Unlike you!

GD: [snorts] She’s just playing hard to get.

Yong: [finally closed the book and smiles evilly] How about a bet, hyung?

GD: [grins] I never back down in a challenge. You might regret having a bet with me. Let’s hear it then.

Yong: If I get Hyun first, I’ll be the promoted to being the CNBB’s leader.

GD: What?!

Yong: [smirks] Afraid of losing, hyung?

GD: No way! GD never losses! But if I win, you’ll have to run around campus in your boxers! Get ready to get by your fangirls! [laughs evilly]

Yong: Heeeyyy! What the!!! No way!!!

GD: I guess Yong is such a chicken then. [taunts]

Yong: [glare] Fine it’s a deal! Get ready to bow down to me!

With that the two princes shakes hands. And a deal is sealed...

 

~~~~***~~~~

DARA’s SIDE

 

Ever since the ‘date’ incident, Sandara has been hiding from Jiyong’s crazy fangirls. It’s not as if she’s afraid of them. She knows she can take down some of them but a battalion of them draws the line and she knows when to retreat. And to make matter worst, GD never stopped following her like a lost puppy. Right now, her current hiding place is in a bush where she remains constant vigilance to those girls.

Dara: Damn! Those people just won’t give up! T_T

It was almost time for their limousine to arrive, but she can’t leave her place because she will surely get chased again. Dara never backs out from anything, but she knows that she has her limitations too. A hundred meters away from the gate, she caught sight of her maknae who’s walking towards the limousine. She was about to take out her phone when she realized that it’s in her bag, which she threw at Hyun to carry.

Dara: Waaaahhhh! What did I do to deserve this? And how come I’m the only one being chased here? I know that Playboy is also popular (and he’s chasing after Hyunnie) but she only has lesser enemies! ----> It’s because she’s nicer than you, dimwit! (Author’s note: I agree! Plus, Dara is also a warfeak. Haha!)

Dara creased her forehead as she thought of her escape plan. She then saw a girl approach her Maknae. They talked for a while and Dara was surprised when Hyun went inside the limo and left.

Dara: Omo! Omo! Omo! Hyunnie just left me!! [quickly steps out of her hiding place without any second thoughts and ran to the gate] WAAAAAIIIIITTTT! <--- already too late.

Girl: Awww... She left without you...

Dara: Grrrr!!! What did you told her?!

Girl: Why don’t you ask her yourself? [grins] All I can say is that she’s really easy to fool.

A black Mercedez Benz stopped in front of them and the girl walks towards it.

Girl: Well... adieu! [waves before entering her car] Oh, and I heard you have a bad sense of direction. Goodluck with that! [rides her car and left]

Dara: AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

[THUNDER CLAPS]

 

~~~~***~~~~

GD’s SIDE

 

Blearily, Jiyong tried to blink a few times. Slowly, rising from his stiff nap at their couch, he then performs a few stretches. After he’s done, he squints around him and found no one was inside the CNBB room.

GD: Aissh! Where are those punks? Did they leave me?

Standing up, he went towards the bathroom to wash his face when he saw a post it note stuck at his forehead. Angrily, he removed it from his forehead.

Hyung!

I decided to leave already since you looked like you’re a dead man sleeping on the couch. If ever you really did die because of exhaustion from Crazy-Dara, I hope that the police will see this letter and not blame me for your demise. Don’t worry hyung, I’ll write a very interesting eulogy for you.

However, if you’re still alive, I’ll just save my eulogy for future use. See you tomorrow, hyung!

 ~ YONGHWA

 

GD: Aish! That punk! Let’s see who will be the first to write a eulogy! WHY CAN’T THAT PUNK JUST DROP DEAD!

He angrily crumpled the note and fetched his car keys before going out towards his silver Porsche.

 

~~~~***~~~~

DARA’s SIDE

 

Sandara looked at her surrounding and for the first time in her entire life, she felt afraid because of being in a place that is unknown to her.

Dara: Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!  How can Hyun be so gullible?? And to make matters worse, my bag is already in the Limo and I don’t have any money to ride a freaking cab! Omo! Where the heck am I?!?!

She continued her trek as she put her hands defensively in front of her, like how a boxer does, and because of this, the people walking on the streets looked at her weirdly. She arrived at a crossroad, and looked at it in wonder.

Dara: Hmm… Alright Dara! You can do this!! Hwaiting!!! [points] Eeny Meeny Miney Mo! Where will mighty Dara go?[point on her left]

She confidently walked to that side, then turns left and right, having no idea where her feet will take her. After a few minutes of walking, she found herself facing a wall. A dead end. Sandara looked at the wall incredulously then shrugged. She was about to turn back when she was blocked by four men.

Guy 1: What’s a girl like you doing in our territory? [smiles creepily]

Dara: [puts out a fist] Don’t come near me you stinky guys!!!

Guy 2: We have a tough one here! [smirks]

Guy 3: You have no right to call us stinky you little gi—[He was cut off when Dara gave him a hook punch on the jaw]

Dara: [Merong] No one calls me little girl!! [runs]

Guy 3: Get her!!! [rubs his jaw]

Sandara ran as fast as she could, not even taking a glance at her pursuers. She was already about to outrun them when she suddenly felt her energy diminishing. She winced as she felt one of the guys grip on her wrist.

Dara: Sh*t!! It’s already past my 14 minute energy! Omo!!!

Guy 4: Gotcha!! Not so tough now are you girly?

Dara: [tries to wiggle free from his grasp] Let me go!!!

The guy holding her pins her arm on the wall, so hard that a resounding crack was heard, making Dara bite her lip to stop herself from screaming, tears slowly welled in her eyes as a sharp pain radiated in her arm.

Guy 3: Yah! Hold her!

Guy 1: [pulls her hair]

Guy 2: [grabs her other arm]

Guy 4: [holds her chin] It’s not my fault why you broke your arm. It’s such a waste though, because you are a pretty one.

Sandara’s vision slightly blurred from her tears, trying her best not to cry because of the pain… and fear. Using her last energy left, she kicked one of the guys on the groin, which made him kneel on the ground in pain. 

Guy 2: Why you!! [raised his knuckles]

Dara:[closes her eyes]Someone… please save me…

 

~~~~***~~~~

GD’s SIDE

 

Jiyong was driving leisurely on his way to his favorite bar downtown when he saw Crazy Dara walking in a boxer’s stance.

GD: What is that girl doing?

Slowly, Jiyong followed Sandara, keeping a safe distance from her. She stopped for while, probably thinking whether she’ll go left or right, and after a few minutes, she suddenly turned left. Jiyong parked his car on the side and silently followed her. They’ve been walking for a while, and he decided to take a look at his watch. It’s already eight-thirty in the evening.

GD: Aiissshhh!!! How long does this woman have to walk? And who in the right mind would walk at this tim--- [was stopped when Sandara is already nowhere in sight] What the ! Where is she now?!

He angrily stomped his feet as he searched the place around him, but the crazy woman was nowhere to be found. In anger, he finally gave up and was about to leave when he heard some voices and a whimper. Jiyong can’t help but feel his blood burn for some unknown reason. Unconsciously, he started to run before his brain can even process what just happened, and he tried to search for the source of the sound. He immediately arrived at the scene, and found one guy kneeling on the ground, two guys pinning Sandara on the wall, and another guy who was about to hit her.

GD: No one has the right to torture her except myself!

Before the guy’s fist can even reach Sandara’s face, Jiyong quickly kicked the guy’s side, and a loud crack was heard.

GD: Yah! Stop being a weakling! [he shouted to Dara] AND LET HER GO IF YOU DON’T WANT TO FACE MY WRATH!!!

Sandara’s eyes immediately shot open, and when she saw Jiyong, relief suddenly flooded her.

Dara: Stalkerman! What are you doing here??

GD: Don’t call me that! Aiisshh!!! I’ll deal with you later! [Looks at the other guys threatheningly when they didn’t let go] I told you to let the crazy girl go, didn’t I?

Guy 2: [snorts] And why would we do that? You’re just one puny guy who—[GD suddenly punched his face before making a roundhouse kick, that rendered the remaining ones speechless]

GD: [glares] No one calls the leader of CNBB puny. [cracks his knuckles] Now who wants to play next?

Guy 3: [eyes widens] I—I know him! The other half of the Dragon Princes in Seoul University.

GD: [raises a brow] Is that what they’re calling us? Seriously, who came up with that corny nickname?

Dara: [tries to laugh] You sure have a weird nickname Stalkerman.

GD: Shut up! I’m trying to save you here! [Swiftly runs to the remaining ones and hit them hard on the head, making them fall unconscious]

Sandara shakily sat down and fought back her tears. No matter how many times she told herself that she’s strong, that she doesn’t need anybody’s help, it seems like she’s still a weak little girl. Jiyong angrily marched towards her before sitting cross-legged in front of her.

GD: You are the craziest girl I’ve ever met, and believe me, I so want to hit you for your stupidity. You can face me, and yet you can’t even face those low class thugs?!

Dara: [laughs bitterly] It’s not my fault my fourteen minutes of energy was already wasted.

GD: What the heck is a fourteen minute energy?! And why is your lips bleeding? [puts out a handkerchief and pressed it on her lips]

Sandara tries to explain it him, but Jiyong wasn’t listening anymore when he noticed a large bruise on her swelling, right arm. He reached out to touch it and she winced as his fingers touched it.

GD: [scowls] What happened to that?

Dara: Uhh… I hit the wall… Well, they actually hit it on the wall…

GD: @&%#!&%&!!! [dark auras appear around him] I should’ve already killed them when I had the chance.

Dara: Tsk! This is nothing. Just a few broken bones—

GD: THEY BROKE YOUR BONE!!! THEY ARE SO DEAD!! [was about to stand up when Sandara stopped him with her good arm and shakes her head]

Jiyong massaged his aching head, and finally let out a loud sigh. He then stood up and scooped her into his arms. Dara was about to protest when he glared at her.

GD: Don’t utter another word crazy woman! If you don’t speak, I’ll consider this as a payment for saving you.

Sandara stubbornly looked at him and lets out a sigh of defeat. Jiyong carried her back to his car and gently put her at the passenger’s seat. He then jogs around to the driver’s seat and drove towards the Jung Hospital.