Chapter 3

Pretty Boy

Chapter 3: Wanted: Must Flirt to save our Riches

 

Jiyong walked angrily in the university’s hallway, making everyone run for their lives for a dark aura is surrounding him. Yonghwa followed him silently while looking at the bloodied book in his hand. He reads the title and tried to stop himself from laughing.

Yong: How to achieve greater success?? Who the hell reads this kind of book?[leafs through it and finds several hard Korean words.] My omma won’t even read this! Haha!

GD: I don’t care if Imo wouldn’t read that! The only important thing is who OWNS that book!

Yong: [raises his hands defensively] Relax hyung! I’m just saying—

Jiyong glared at him before continuing his walk of mass destruction, and Yonghwa can’t help but shake his head and follow him while reading the first chapter of the book.

Young Bae, TOP, Seungri, Jonghyun, Minhyuk and Jungshin are all lounging inside the room exclusively for CODE NAME: BIGBANG members only. It’s a large room with a mini bar, billiard area, gaming room and a band room. This place is off limits to outsiders, and no one can enter the room without the permission of the CNBB leader, Kwon Jiyong or his right hand, Jung Yonghwa.

Seungri, Minhyuk and Jungshin are sitting in the couch, playing PS3, while the other three are playing billiards. The door suddenly opened, almost breaking its hinges. The maknaes immediately let go of the PS3’s joystick and gape at their fuming G-Dragon, while the other’s took a peek to see what happened. GD stride towards the couch to sit, and the three maknaes quickly stood up, keeping a safe distance from their leader. Yonghwa then entered with a book at hand, making everyone look at him too.

TOP: What happened with the two of them?

Everyone: [shrugs]

Jungshin: And when did Yong-hyung started reading books? [Raises his brow]

Seungri: And what the heck happened to Jiyong-hyung’s nose?

GD: [glares at them] DO YOU EVEN REALIZE THAT I CAN HEAR ALL OF YOU??!

Yong: Now, now hyung. No need to get mad at them. They don’t even know anything.

GD: Whatever! [Continuously touches his nose to check if it’s broken]

YB: [Looks at yonghwa] So, what really happened?

Yonghwa puts down the book he was reading and started telling them what happened. At the end of the story, everyone was trying to stop themselves from laughing.

GD: This is the last time we’re going to talk about this! ARASSO?? [Everyone nods at him, still stifling their laughter]

Yong: [while reading the book once again] But really Hyung. You should really have your nose checked. It might be broken or something. Go and put some ice on it.

GD: I don’t need my nose checked! It will heal!

Yong: [shrugs] Whatever you say…

Everyone was about to return to whatever they’re doing when Daesung happily bounced inside the room and was about to head towards the couch when he saw Jiyong’s nose. He looked at it with surprise. The other people inside looked at him in panic(well except for Yonghwa who’s still reading the book). Jiyong looked at Daesung, daring him to talk.

And finally…

Daesung: HYUNG!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR NOSE?!?

GD: [gives him an evil look] You want to know what happened to me?

Everyone: NO!!!

Daesung: YES!!

Seungri: I pray for Daesung-hyung’s soul

TOP: It was nice knowing him

Jungshin: How can Daesung-hyung be this stupid?

YB: May he rest in peace… Amen

Minhyuk: Daesung-hyung…

Jonghyun: [silence]

GD: REALLY??? [face twitching]

Everyone: NO!!

Daesung: [wonders] Why are you all keep on saying no? Are you not concerned about him? Don’t worry Hyung! Because I care for you, I want to know!

Everyong’s mind: [BG song: Death March]

GD: THEN I’LL SHOW YOU! [Grabs the book from Yonghwa’s hand and throws it at Daesung’s face] That’s what happened!

Daesung: OUCH!!!

The boys in the room all gasped as they witnessed what just happened. Poor Daesung was now sitting on the floor, his hands holding his bleeding nose. (Author’s note: Lots of noses have already bled/broke here. Kekeke!)

Seungri: [Omona! Jiyong-hyung almost killed him!]

Young Bae and Minhyuk was now seated beside poor Daesung, checking if he’s okay.

YB: [whispers to Daesung] This is the reason why we kept on saying no

Daesung: You should’ve warned me then! T__T

Minhyuk: We did, but you didn’t listen. [sighs]

TOP: [Turns to GD and crossed his arms] Is it really necessary to do that Jiyong?

Jiyong looked at Daesung and he felt a tinge of guilt, flooding him. The poor guy was just worried about him.

GD: [sighs] Mianhe  Daesung. It’s my fault for letting my anger take over me. [massages his forehead]

Daesung: It’s okay hyung. [I’m used to this anyway]

TOP: [sighs heavily and turns to Young Bae and Minhyuk] Go and get him some ice pack.

TOP: This is such a bad day…

 

~~~~***~~~~

DARA and HYUN’s SIDE

 

The first day of school for Sandara and Seohyun was the worst one for them.

1.      Seohyun lost her beloved book

2.      Sandara yet again, made an enemy

3.      They might have to transfer schools… AGAIN.

After Sandara’s book-throwing incident, those three girls have been chasing them around the school, and they’ve been wondering why they were so desperate to catch them. In the end, they had to cut classes and go home instead.

Hyun: This is your fault unnie! I just missed a whole day worth of lectures. [pouts]

Dara: Eh?! Why are you blaming me? They’re the ones who started it! I was just defending our honor. What’s wrong with that? [lies on the couch and rests her head on Seohyun’s lap]

Hyun:  Everything's wrong, Unnie! I even lost my new book! You have to replace that! [slaps Dara’s shoulder]

Dara: Apa!! [cries] That will leave a bruise Hyunnie!

Hyun: And we have to change schools again because of you! [slaps Dara’s shoulder again]

Dara: Omo!! Do you have to do it TWICE? Now I think I already have a fracture! [rubs her sore shoulder] Anyway, we can’t change schools yet! I still have a score to settle with those b*tches!! Kekeke!!!

Hyun: Aigoo… There are three of them, and only one of you. You can’t face them all alone with that… that thin body of yours!

Dara: Let’s see about that! [laughs evilly]

Hyun: We’re doomed!

 

~~~~***~~~~

GD and YONG’s SIDE

 

Jiyong looked at his nose in the mirror and winced when he found a large bruise on it. TO make matters worse, their parents (Yonghwa’s and his) called them for a private dinner meeting. So here he was in an expensive restaurant in a formal white Armani, a gray vest on top of it and white pants. What completed his look is the bruise.

GD: Great! Just great…

Yong: Hyung, no matter how long you look at it, that bruise will never disappear.

Yong was dressed in a black Topman coat, a white Dolce and Gabbana slacks and his earring for tht night is a silver cross.

GD: I swear if I see that girl, I will strangle her until she couldn’t breathe and I’ll—[continues his torturing ideas]

Yonghwa only shook his head and brings out the book once again.

GD: [looked at the book like it is evil] Why are you still reading that?!

Yong: [shrugs] It’s interesting.

GD: What?! [tries to grab the book from Yonghwa] Let me get someone to burn that.

Yong: [hides the book behind him] This is already mine hyung, so hands off.

GD: [grits teeth] Just give it to me. I’ll burn it and its owner will soon follow.

Yong: I think you’re slowly losing your head hyung. Do you want to have some counseling?

GD then grabbed his steak knife and threw it at Yonghwa, who easily dodged it.

Yong: [shocked] Hyung! Are you trying to kill me?

GD: [smirks] I’ve already tried it a lot of times.

The door suddenly opened and their parents walked in. Their mothers were dressed in the most expensive designer clothes while their fathers were dressed in expensive suits. Both boys faced them and bowed down.

GD and Yong: Good evening.

They all sat down and Jiyong’s mother looked at the wall, and she can’t help but squint.

GD’s mom: [still squinting] Yeabo! Is that a knife I see?

Jiyong and Yonghwa shared a glance. They didn’t notice that the knife that Jiyong threw had stuck on the wall.

GD’s dad: You’re right yeabo. What is that knife doing there?

Yong: I think it’s the restaurant’s new design? Please believe me…

GD: [nods his head vigorously] That’s right omoni! I think Yonghwa’s right.

The parents incredulously looks at the knife, and Yonghwa’s dad finally spoke.

Yonghwa’s Dad: I’ll talk to the management about this later.

GD and Yong: [sighs in relief]

One by one, the waiters and waitresses entered the room with several dishes and the violinists started to play their music.

GD’s mom: Omona! What happened to your nose Jiyong? [shocked]

GD: Think of a believable reason GD! You can’t tell them that some crazy girl threw a book at your face! Well… I was driving so slowly—and carefully—towards our school, trying to appreciate the beauty of nature when a cat suddenly crossed the street. I was so surprised that I hit the brakes so fast that I bumped my nose on the steering wheel. [feigns a pitiful look] I’d rather hurt myself than hurt a poor, innocent thing… WHAT THE HECK AM I TALKING ABOUT?? THIS IS SOOO NOT COOL!!!

Jiyong shot a glare at Yonghwa who’s now doing his best to stifle his laughter. Heck! He looks like someone who’s suffering a major stomach cramps.

GD: Remind me to punch the lights out of this guy as soon as this is over

GD’s mom: Aww… My Jiyong is such a nice boy… [touched]

Yonghwa then gave Jiyong a grin and batted his lashes to mock him and mouthed “Mama’s Boy”. Jiyong took a glance at their parents, and when they’re not looking, he quickly gives him the middle finger.

Yonghwa’s Dad: Let’s get on with our business here. Both of you are probably wondering why we called you tonight. You see, we thought of a marvelous plan, and we need your cooperation to do this.

Yong: You can count on us Abeoji. I hope it does not include paper works. That’s a serious waste of time.

GD: That’s right Samchon. I’d rather go to the night clubs than waste my time doing whatever they want us to do, well, except if it involves girls.

GD’s Dad: That’s what we expect to hear from both of you.

GD: What’s your plan anyway?

Yong’s Dad: We need you to charm the hearts of the Park-Seo sisters; it’ll be such a waste not to use your good looks. You see, their company imports and exports expensive chemicals that we can use for the production of our products. Also, as you have noticed, there are two surnames. Mr. Park remarried ten years ago to Mrs. Seo, who happens to run a large publishing company. They can definitely help us advertise our companies plus have higher discounts on those chemicals.

Yong’s Mom: This task will be an easy one for both of you, considering that you can easily charm every girl in Korea. [snaps her finger and a butler approached her with a tray on hand. Two face down photos lay there] Here are the pictures of the girls. Sandara Park, and Seo Joo Hyun. Both of them just transferred in your school, so finding them won’t be a problem.

GD’s Dad: We’ll only give both of you ONE month to charm these girls.

GD: What if we didn’t finish it in time?

Yong’s Dad: Both of you will be stripped off of your riches. You’ll have to live like an average Korean Boy.

GD and Yong: WHAT?!?!?! [jaw drops]

GD’s Mom: Isn’t this a bit too harsh for them?

GD’s Dad: It’s vital that they accomplish their task on time because the prices of the chemicals are said to have a price hike of 20% next month, and our companies will surely suffer the consequences.

Yong: [sighs] Don’t worry, leave this to me and hyung. We can do this in no time! I hope…

Yong’s Dad: We have a deal then.

Yong’s Mom: We’ll leave the decision on which of the girls you will pursue. But for now, let’s eat.

Their family resumed eating while the two boys curiously look at the face down picture impatiently. When they’re finally done, their parents left ahead of them because they still have some paper works to do. As soon as they left, both Jiyong and Yonghwa races towards the table to get the photos.

>Crash<

Silence…

>Crash<

The waiters and waitressed nervously looked at the door, and one waitress bravely knocks at the door.

Waitress: Sirs? Are you alright?

>Silence<

The waitress nervously opens the door to take a peek inside. There she found the chairs lying on the floor, and a broken vase. The two young men were holding at each other’s throat, with one photograph on each hand. The waitress was about to leave when the two boys looked at her at the same time.

Yong: ONE WORD…

GD: AND WE’LL MAKE SURE…

GD and Yong: TO MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL!

The waitress quickly paled and nods her head and bow repeatedly before running outside.

GD: [sighs] This is so not cool! [creases his forehead]

Yong: I agree. Let’s settle this the nondestructive way then. The photos in our hand will be the one we’ll be pursuing.

GD: Okay. On the count of three, we’ll show the photograph to each other.

One….

Two…

THREE! [shows the picture]

<---- Kekeke!! Looks can be deceiving!

GD: [Looks at his photo] Hmm… She’s not bad looking. Sandara Park eh? She looks like a nice girl to me. Do you think she’s the maknae?

Yong: [looked at his photo] I’m not sure hyung. I think I have the real maknae. Seo Joo Hyun seems like a sweet girl.

GD: [grins] This is going to be a piece of cake! One month is more than enough to make these girls fall for us. Kekeke!!

Yong: Yeah! There’s no way that we’ll lose to our deal with our parents. [confident]

There’s no way that they’ll lose… RIGHT?