Chapter 19

Pretty Boy

 

Chapter 19: INTUITION

 

~~~***~~~

For the first time, everything is silent between the Dragon Princes as they sat inside the Jung’s private parlor. The two have been deprived of the Park-Seo sisters for four days already and it’s what their members deem the most dangerous days. If in the past this thing had happened, both princes might laugh at the said situation because they don’t give a thing to those women. Besides, they can always get a replacement in a snap, but now, no one can replace the sisters in the princes' hearts, thus resulting to an agitated Jiyong and a melancholic Yonghwa.

 

GD: [suddenly stands up] I HATE THIS!!! [grits teeth] That woman is seriously pissing me off! Why is she avoiding me?! [pace]

 

Yonghwa only spared him a glance before letting out a soft sigh.

 

Yong: Shouldn’t you be thankful that she’s avoiding you? It will only create trouble if Samchon found out that you’re still doing our mission.

 

GD: [stares at Yong in anger] ARE YOU SERIOUS?! You are saying that you only saw them as a mission?! You’ve got to be kidding me!

 

Yong: [stood up] Well, what do you expect me to say? That I would turn a blind eye to what our parents want? To still continue this game and hurt them more? Do you think that we could continue doing what we are doing now and actually obey our parents? We are only going to hurt them more! Can’t you see that?!

 

GD: I CAN’T SEE WHAT?! [strode towards Yong] It’s you who can’t see a thing. You’re just turning into a coward.

 

Yong: COWARD? [grits teeth] I was never a coward. AND YOU ARE JUST BEING SELFISH!

 

GD: I’M SELFISH! LET ME SHOW YOU HOW SELFISH I COULD BE!

 

He was about to lunge an attack when a knock stopped him. The Jung butler soon entered and bowed to them.

 

Butler: Young Masters, the party is about to start and your fathers are requiring your presence to be known.

 

Yong: [looks at GD before staring at the butler] Thank you Butler Chu. We’ll follow you in a minute.

 

Butler: But I was specifically told Young Master that you should accompany me this second.

 

Yong: Very well.

 

He then made a move to follow their family butler when GD gave him a shove.

 

GD: [whisper] We are not yet done. I’m going to knock some sense out of you.

 

Yong: [sigh] Whatever you say hyung but my decision is final.

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

Seo Joo Hyun can’t help but fiddle with her ring. It has been four days since she ordered Jungshin-chingoo to tell her Yong-oppa about his promise and up until now there are no signs of him. Not even a shadow and truth be told, she’s getting worried and a bit mad, but most of all she feels betrayed. What happened that made her Oppa change?

 

If her Yong-oppa won’t come to her, she’ll go to him. That is the reason why she’s wearing, in her opinion, a very revealing dress and is really made up. Her parents were invited to a sudden dinner party at the Jung residence and unlike before where she begs her parents not to make her go to those boring parties, she made the exact opposite. She actually told them that she and her unnie would go to the said event much to their surprise. This really pleased their parents, thinking that Hyun has finally decided to come out of her shell and be more socialized, but they’re oblivious to the fact that she’s only doing this for that one man who managed to steal her heart, and at the same time shatter it into million pieces.

 

But Hyun is determined to pick up those pieces, no matter how long it would take her. She needed answers, and this is the only thing she thought would probably enlighten the darkness that shrouded their relationship.

 

Butlers welcomed them as they stepped inside the Jung residence. The sound of classical music seemed louder with every step they take. Dara grabbed Hyun’s wrist and they lag behind their parents so she could talk to her in private.

 

Dara: Hyunnie, care to explain to me again why I am here, wearing a dress and being pretty??

 

Hyun: [sighs] I already told you why unnie.

 

Dara: Is he really worth it Hyunnie? Do you really have to change who you are for this person who just hurt you?

 

Hyun thought for a while. Is her Yong-oppa worth all of her effort? She knows there’s only one answer to that, and nothing could change ever change it.

 

Yes, he’s worth it.

 

Yes, he’s worth the change.

 

Yes, he’s worth the efforts.

 

He’s worthy of everything because she is her Yong. Because she loves him. And he may not have said those words to her yet, but she can feel his love for her overflowing. Action does speak louder than words right? She hopes it also applies to Yong. Her guts twisted into tight knots. What if everything was all a lie?  Fear consumes her, afraid that she’ll wake up soon, only to find out that everything was just a dream. A fantasy she has conjured to fill the missing piece of her heart.

 

Hyun looks at her unnie and gave her a wistful smile.

 

Hyun: Yes.

 

Dara: But… why?

 

Hyun: Because I know Yong-oppa wouldn’t hurt me… not intentionally that is. I know there’s a reason for his actions. And I want to find out what it is. How about you unnie? You can always stay at home if you didn’t want to go here.

 

Dara: [snorts] And leave you all alone here? No way! I’m your unnie and it’s my duty to protect you.

 

Hyun: I know you’re aching for answers as much as I do unnie.

 

Dara: I already have mine.

 

Hyun raised a brow at her.

 

Dara: They’re jerks. Period. End of conversation.

 

Hyun sighed and didn’t open the topic once again. Her unnie as already getting cranky, and she’s not planning to make it worse.

 

There are already a few people in the banquet hall, all of them clad in beautiful and expensive looking dresses and suits. The golden chandelier that hung above shone like tiny diamonds and Hyun can’t help but let out a smile. Everything looked surreal, and she felt like she’s Cinderella in her prince’s castle. She just hopes that all this won’t end when the clock strikes midnight.

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

GD stood at the corner with a wine in hand. He grew more irritated as more girls flock near him. As if flirting would even change his mind about giving them a dance.

 

He didn’t want to be in this damn party at all. If it wasn’t for his parents, he has long left this place already. But no, he has to be the obedient son and be a good boy for his parents.

 

GD: [forced a smile] Sorry ladies, but I prefer to be alone right now.

 

Girl: But Jiyong-oppa, you will dance with one of us later right?

 

GD: [lips twitched] I can’t promise you that. There’s only one person whom I want to dance with.

 

Yong: Excuse me ladies, but may I borrow hyung for a while?

 

Yonghwa smiled at them and takes GD by the arm, dragging him away from the girls before they can even protest.

 

Yong: What’s wrong with you, acting like a wallflower in there?

 

GD: That’s none of your damn business. [gulps all the wine]

 

Yong: Still grumpy I see.

 

GD: I’m not. [glared at him]

 

Yong: [sighs] Anyway, I heard that the Park-Seo family was also invited today.

 

GD: So?

 

Yong: It means Hyun and your Dara will also be here.

 

GD: [snorts] I doubt that.

 

Yong: Have a little faith, will you?

 

GD was about to protest when he caught sight of a girl in a black Chiffon Dip Hem dress that perfectly hugged her body. Her long hair fell down her shoulders in perfect ringlets. Never has he seen her look so beautiful, like a goddess herself. His Dara.

 

He gaped at her openly as they walk to the table provided to them. Yonghwa followed his gaze and his jaw dropped at the sight of the two strangers a few meters from them. He couldn’t believe his eyes. With the dress and make up on, crazy Dara actually looked beautiful. But what he couldn’t believe the most was seeing his Hyun who's wearing a white Bandeau Sweetheart dress. She was always the conservative type of person who refuses to wear any type of clothing that showed too much skin. So why is she here in that dress?

 

Yonghwa can’t help but feel overly possessive of her. He doesn’t want any other man to see her with that dress. He doesn’t want any of them to talk, look nor come near her. Because she’s his Hyun.

 

GD nudged Yonghwa on his side and he looked at his hyung who has a wide grin across his face.

 

Yong: What?

 

GD: I didn’t know your jaw could go any lower than it could normally do.

 

Yonghwa unconsciously rubs his jaw and glared at GD.

 

Yong: [smile] Well you should’ve seen your face earlier. Your eyes almost popped out back there.

 

GD: It did not.

 

Yong: Yes, it did.

 

GD and Yonghwa proceeded with a staring contest for almost a minute before both of them burst into laughter, washing away all those dark auras they wore the whole night. Perhaps today, they’ll be able to right their wrongs and make it up to the girls who have stolen their hearts.

 

Maybe things will finally go their way.

 

 

And they were wrong.

 

Their dark auras were back again, the hatred in their eyes didn’t waver as they stare daggers at all those men who didn’t seem to notice it as they fawn over Hyun and Dara. GD was about to go to them, his fist ready to pound on their faces when he noticed his parents nearby. He remembered that he can’t cause any commotion tonight, especially that it will surely ruin their family’s reputation. Defeated, he angrily stalked out of the room, leaving Yonghwa alone.

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

Dara is seriously pissed. First, she was dragged to this party because her sister wants to see that freaking ert that would result to her seeing the Stalkerman which she was avoiding for the last four days! Next is she’s required to wear this hideous dress because as her parents say, ‘it’s a formal party’. And lastly, all these guys surrounding her and Hyun are really making her mad. Can’t they see they are not interested? I mean sure they look okay maybe handsome even but they don’t even stand a chance with the ert’s and Stalkerman’s face.

 

ARGGGGHHHH!!!!!

 

Seohyun looked at guys surrounding her in fright. She can’t understand why they are flocking her and her unnie. And speaking of her Unnie, she slowly looked at the girl beside her and found her right eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

 

Hyun: [sweatdrop] This will not end well.

 

Guy 1: Please just one dance?

 

[twitch]

 

Guy 2: No. Dance with me instead. I’m sure I can make you happy.

 

[twitch] [twitch]

 

Guy 3: Excuse me! But my friend and I asked them first! [slides next to Dara] Isn’t that right, Milady?

 

Hyun: [pale] This will really not end well. U-unnie??

 

Dara: [creepy smile] I don’t want to dance with either one of you idiots now get out of my sight before I do something drastic.

 

Guys: But…

 

[BLAG]

 

Everyone around them jumps in fright as Sandara suddenly stood up and hit their table.

 

Dara: [breath in, breath out] Don’t make a scene. Don’t make a scene. [close eyes] I’m going out and don’t you dare follow me!!

 

She then walked out of the party leaving a trail of frightened young men and a vulnerable Hyun whom the remaining guys switch their attention to.

 

Hyun: [scared] UNNIE!!!

 

~~~~***~~~~

One girl was about to approach the handsome Jung heir. Giggling with herself at the rare chance that the Jung Yonghwa has no one actually approaching him she tried her best to walk as graceful as she can.

 

Fangirl: [blush] Oppa. [acts cute]

 

Yonghwa, on the other hand, didn’t even notice the girl who was talking to him because he was busy glaring at the guys surrounding his Hyun. Sure he promise that he would not show himself to Seohyun ever again but he also promise to protect her. Doesn’t marching towards her and killing [cough] beating… he means… politely talking to those pests that his Hyun doesn’t want them and would they just scram off means protecting her? He’s not breaking anything, right?

 

Gritting his teeth, he can’t help but berate himself with all this mess. Not realizing it, his body moves first before his mind can even decide and he was about to march of to his princess table when the annoying girl earlier has the nerve to block his path and actually divert his attention from his Hyun, which needs his help now!

 

Yong: [grits teeth] What do you need? [twitch]

 

Fangirl: [bats eyelash] Oppa, Would you like to dance with me? [smiles]

 

Yong: NO. [walks off]

 

Realizing that her prey is about to leave, the clueless girl immediately held Yonghwa’s arm.

 

Fangirl: But Oppa! Just one dance?

 

Yong: [twitch] This woman is really testing my patience. Can’t she see MY Hyun needs me now? No means no. [dark glare] And if you pull or stop me once again I’ll be sure to make your life a living hell. [dark smile] Do you understand?

 

Fangirl: [scared] [nods head]

 

Yong: Good. Now if you excuse me. [mutter] I need to kill some pests.

 

Fangirl: TT.TT Oppa’s scary! [cries]

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

GD can’t help but once again admire the beauty of the Jung’s garden. Even though, he practically grew up in the said mansion with his family being long time friends with the Jung’s, time and time again he still can’t change the fact that this garden is almost ethereal.

 

GD: Like that crazy woman inside.

 

Letting out a sigh, he can’t help but think that seeing her in that dress only made his yearning for Dara deeper. He never expected to fall in love this deep to a crazy woman nonetheless. He was supposed to be unreachable but that woman really stirs something in his heart.

 

Thinking back at his conversation with Yonghwa earlier he can’t help but ask,

 

GD: Am I really being selfish? Would I really hurt her more? [irritated] Aish! That punk! Even if they call me selfish I’m not going to give up! I’ll think of a way to make that Crazy lady fall for me and break that stupid engagement. I’m the CNBB leader that’s why I won’t play a martyr. I’ll fight for her and I would even wake up that punk from his tragic hero antics. [snort]

 

Feeling much better, Jiyong was about to go back to the party and save Dara from all his idiotic fanboys when the door suddenly opened and someone actually run over him resulting to tangled limbs and soft lips.

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

For the first time in her life, Seohyun doesn’t know what to do. After her unnie walked out on her, she was left to face the lion’s den. Tuning them out is already hard enough and she can’t really say ‘No’.

 

Guy 1: So how about it? [puppy dog eyes] One dance?

 

Hyun: [scared] Ummm…

 

Guy 2: [twirls then smile] A pretty lady like you is best suited with a guy like me. [winks]

 

Hyun: [shudder] I…

 

Guy 3: [smile] Don’t listen to them. Besides, I feel I’m the only one who can make you happy. How about it? [extends hand]

 

Hyun: Unnie! T.T Ummm... I…

 

Feeling suffocated and confuse with all the attention thrown at her, she can’t help but close her eyes and wish that she would just disappear. Maybe her unnie is right and that going in this party is a mistake. If she just left everything then she would be at home in her pajamas reading her books. Dejected and sad she can’t help but utter one name.

 

Hyun: [whispers] Yong-oppa~

 

Then everything happened like a slow motion, a familiar hand held hers, the protest of the other guys falling on deaf ears. For some odd reason, she knows she’s safe. Slowly opening her eyes, she can’t help but smile.

 

Hyun: [breathless] Oppa~

 

Yonghwa didn’t dare look at her when she called his name. He didn’t understand what he is doing. One moment he was fighting with himself and the next thing he knew he is almost hugging the girl he loves and is creating a small commotion that may alert his parents. He’s really in deep trouble.

 

But…

 

Everything is worth it for her.

 

Troubles, be damned!

 

Yong: [glare] I’m sorry but Hyun promised to dance with me first so if you would excuse me.

 

Guys: BUT!

 

Yong: [grits teeth] Please leave my sight when I’m still being nice. [smile] We don’t want anything to happen to anyone of you, right? I mean what can Jung Yonghwa do?

 

Every guy paled at his name and could only nod their head in agreement.

 

Yong: [smile widens] Good. Now, if you’ll excuse us.

 

He then led a daze Hyun into the dance floor leaving the guys unscathed.

 

~~~***~~~

 

This day, in Dara’s opinion, should be burned and completely forgotten. Heck, if she can buy the date to be erased in the calendar she would. Going to the party and having those fumbling idiots fawn over her is the last straw and she needed to escape. Unfortunately, for her the escape route is not so good resulting to her bumping and tripping down. After a few second of trying to get her bearing, she was MAD!

 

Dara: [groans] That really hurts! This stupid… YAH! CAN’T YOU LOOK WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING?!

 

Despite his pains, GD immediately opened his eyes when he heard the Crazy Girl’s voice.

 

GD: I can’t [ouch] believe it! It’s just my [ouch] luck. Yes! [ouch] Hey, Crazy Woman would you stop punching me! [laughs]

 

Dara: Why would [punch] I? And who do [punch] you [punch] think you are to call [punch] me, Cra- [gapes]

 

GD: [grins] Hello!

 

Dara: [pale] STALKERMAN!!

 

GD: [laugh] I missed that. [laughs] Who else?

 

Dara immediately tried to remove herself from the Stalkerman’s lap but GD knowing what she was going to do immediately wraps his arms around her waist. Securing her safely in his lap and if anyone inside the mansion where to go to the gardens, they would find themselves a rather indecent sight with Dara straddling Kwon Jiyong.

 

Dara: [hiss] Let me go!

 

GD: [stubborn] I won’t. I’ll never let you go. Never.

 

~~~***~~~

 

TBC

 

Hiya! Koori Here! It's been a while! >w<

Ever since Aya lost our drafts, Yume's the one trying to continue the story from scratch. *islazy*

But this time, I tried to help her a bit (although I think I didn't do much)

Thank you so much guys for sticking with us even though we haven't updated for a long time. I love you all! :D

 

What's up people?! >.< Yume here!!!! Waaaaaahhhhh~ Updated behind schedule but soo proud that I finish this with the help of Koori! I love you Koori! [glomps]. Will go back to school soon and been really busy but you're reviews really kept me up! I love you all! And keep revieing and give us some inputs on what you think. That's all! 

 

P.S. If you have time please follow me on twitter hahah https://twitter.com/#!/rizeleth