Chapter 16

Pretty Boy

 

Chapter 16: 360 degrees turn of Events

 

DARA's SIDE

 

She knew it! Going to this so called "date" was a bad idea. The only reason why she went was because her subconscious thoughts, a.k.a. Those little Daras, kept on bugging her to go. Now here she is all alone, and all she could do was nod and smile  when the waitress approached her, telling that the restaurant will close soon. She has been waiting for almost three hours and that stupid Stalkerman didn't even showed up. She called and texted him a lot of times already but she never even got a single response, and here she is now, sitting all alone in the restaurant and she's wondering why she even bothered waiting for him.

 

Dara: Maybe I'm still living in the illusion that he really does care for me. I guess I was wrong.

 

Knowing that he'll never show up, Dara finally stands up and thanked the staff. Before she was able to step out of the door, the waitress earlier approached her and said.

 

Waitress: Miss... I know that this is none of my business but Master Kwon.... I can feel that he really cares about you.

 

Dara: [raises a brow] And what made you say that?

 

Waitress: Master Kwon comes here a lot of times whenever he has a date...

 

Dara: [sarcastically] Wow. Why am I not surprised? And what made me different from those other girls he dated?

 

Waitress: He made so much preparations just for this night, making sure everything is perfect. It's the first time he did something like this. He must have a reason why he didn't showed up.

 

Dara: [wearily smiles] Thanks... For trying to cheer me up. But with what happened today, I don't think he really cares for me like you claimed. [tries to stop her tears from falling] I--I have to go now. [bows]

 

Sandara quickly steps out of the restaurant, walking aimlessly on the streets under the rain before finally stopping in a waiting shed. She clutched her chest, feeling as if her heart was torn into tiny, million pieces. She felt hurt... And angry at the same time.

 

Dara: Why does it hurt so much? That guy... He's no different from any guy I've met.

 

A stray tear rolled down her eye and she furiously wiped it off, not caring if it would ruin her make up, considering that she's already a mess anyway. Sandara stayed under the shed for some time, watching the raindrops fall from the sky before she finally decided to take a cab. Once she was inside, she told the driver the address then leaned her head on the window as she watched the raindrops trail down the glass. She then hugged herself, feeling cold because of being soaked in the rain.

 

Dara: [whispers] I hate you... I hate you so much, Kwon Jiyong...

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

Seohyun stood in front of the restaurant, her earlier smile wiped out from her face. Her eyes looked at the heavy rain that danced in front of her.

 

Shakily, she reached for her phone and dialed a number.

 

Hyun: [shaky voice] Kim-shii, can y-you please get me at L’Esprit Pierre Gagnaire.

 

The receiver answered worryingly and said he would get her as soon as possible.

 

Seohyun hung up the phone and finally her grip failed her and the phone she's holding fell in a resounding thud. Seohyun slowly slid down to the floor and tears run through her cheeks. Clutching her heart, tears continuously fall.

 

Hyun: Why does it hurt so much?

 

 

Flashback...

 

         One hour...

                

                 Two hours...

 

                          Three hours...

 

The time seems to fly so fast and now everything seems to freeze. Seohyun looked at the chair in front of her as if wishing for Yonghwa to magically appear. She tried to contact him a lot of times, but she didn't get a response from him. The waiter hesitantly cleared his throat as he stood beside her.

 

Waiter: Miss Seo? [Softly] Do you want me to serve the course that Master Jung ordered for the both of you?

 

Hyun: [looks at the empty chair in front of her] No... I'll wait for Yong to arrive.

 

Waiter: [bows] If that's what you want. Excuse me.

 

The server turned away and softly closed the door. The last thing he saw is the young woman looking hopefully at her cellphone.

 

End of flashback...

 

~~~~***~~~~

GD and Yong's Side

 

Silence filled the restaurant as Jiyong and Yong looked at their parents who are seated at the opposite table. It was such a wrong timing for them to call for a sudden meeting. Both of them glance at their watches from time to time, worried about their dates.

 

GD: Abeoji... What is it that you want to talk about? You see, we also have an important appointment to attend to.

 

GD's dad: Cancel it then. This is far more important than that.

 

GD: Nothing is more important than her! But we can't do that. Can we talk about it now?

 

GD's mom: We can't... Not until our guests have arrived.

 

Yong: Guests?

 

Yong's mom: You'll meet them soon, but for now let's enjoy each other's company. It's been such a long time that we had our last family bonding.

 

GD: [stands up] I'll just come back when they arrive then.

 

GD's dad: You're not going anywhere Jiyong! Sit down!

 

GD clenches his fists and slowly sat down.

 

GD: Damn it!!!

 

Their parents were having a few chats about business and such, and after a few minutes, waiters came in carrying their foods and served it on the table. Yonghwa tapped his shoes impatiently and glances at his watch. He's already 30 minutes late and he can't bear the thought of Hyun sitting all alone in the restaurant he chose.

 

Yong: [whispers to GD] Hyung, we have to get out of here ASAP.

 

GD: [whispers] I know. Let's just get this done soon.

 

The family then ate their meals and having small talks while GD and Yong fidgetted on their seats. An hour had already passed ever since their meals were served and yet their "guests" still hasn't arrived.

 

GD: Sh*t! What's taking them so long?! Dara will definitely kill me now!!

 

After a few more minutes, a butler approached their table and said that "they" have finally arrived. The door opened and two young, beautiful ladies came in, walking like a ramp model. Their parents suddenly stood up and their moms happily hugged both ladies.

 

GD's dad: Jiyong, Yonghwa, I would like you to meet Ahn Sohee and Min Sunye.... your fiancee.

 

GD & Yong: Our what!?! O.O

 

The two of them were stunned at the sudden anouncement.

 

GD: What are you talking about?! [looks mad]

 

GD's mom: Jiyong...dear... As your Abeoji had just said they are your fiancees.

 

Yong: But what about the first task you gave us?

 

Yong's dad: Leave them. These girls are your fiancée, show some manners and don't talk about the past.

 

GD: PAST!?! HOW CAN THEY BE OUR PAST?!

 

GD's dad: JIYONG! Show some manners! [faces the girls] I'm sorry.

 

Sohee: It's alright, uncle.

 

Sunye: That's right. I'm sure that they're still in the state of shock after suddenly learning they have a fiancée.

 

GD's mom: Aigoo...such nice young ladies. Please, let us sit down.

 

The two girls smiled in return as the two princes exchange looks. Begrudgingly, they lift the women's chair and let them sit before silently sitting in their respective chairs.

 

Silence reigned in the table and no one decided to break it.

 

Yong's dad: Excuse me. I think it's time to formally introduce the gi--

 

Ringtone: Lovelight~~

 

Yong: Hyun? Can you please excuse me? I have an important call.

 

Yonghwa was about to stand up when his father cleared his throat making him stop.

 

Yong's dad: I think this is far more important than any other calls.

 

Yong: Nothing is more important than Hyun. But...

 

Yong's dad: No excuses, now please decline that call and turn it off.

 

Sunye: It's all right, uncle. Yonghwa-shi can answer his phone.

 

Yong's mom: Dear, this is a special announcement. Yonghwa [turns to him] please turn off your phone.

 

Yonghwa reluctantly pressed the reject button and shut his phone down.

 

Yong's dad: Great! Now, as I was saying---

 

GD's dad: I'll just cut you off for a while. [looks at GD] Since Yonghwa already turned his phone off, you should do the same too. And stop texting secretly.

 

GD: I'm not turning my phone off. [glares]

 

GD's mom: Honey, what is happening to you? You're breaking my heart.

 

GD: [mumbles] It's not my fault.

 

GD's dad: Jiyong, I don't handle disrespect well. Now turn your phone off!

 

GD glared at the table angrily before turning his cell phone off.

 

GD's dad: Now that's done. Continue...

 

Yong's dad: All right. As I was saying earlier, I would like to formally introduce these lovely ladies. Min Sunye, is the daughter of the head of Min Law Firm and a Pharmaceutical Enterprise. She would be your fiancée, Yonghwa [looks at him] I do even believe that she is also a music lover like you. [smiles]

 

Yonghwa looked at the said girl. She was wearing a Roberto Cavalli knee-length white dress. She has her hair up in an elegant bun and her eyes brightly smiles back at him.

 

Yong: She's pretty but...

 

Sunye: It's nice to meet you, Yonghwa-shi.

 

Yong: It's nice to meet you too...

 

His parents looked at them happily as Sunye tried to strike small conversations, Yonghwa, on the other hand, is trying his best to be nice to her.

 

GD's dad: Well, I guess you already know who your fiancée is, but I'm still privileged to introduce you to Ahn Sohee. She's the daughter of the Ahn Group of Companies and a famous fashion designer. She even told me that she's been a fan of you since you sang and rapped during your 7th birthday.

 

Sohee: [blush] You shouldn't have told him that, uncle.[fans herself] Aigoo...

 

GD's mom: Such a cute girl [looks at GD] I think you two would be a great match.

 

GD: I don't think so...

 

He then glanced at the girl who is demurely talking to his mother. She is wearing her hair in curls and was wearing a red Vera Wang dress.

 

GD: She's the complete opposite of Dara but...

 

GD's mom: [whispers to Sohee] Look at my Jiyong, looking at you. I bet your beauty already captivates him.

 

Sohee: [glances at GD] [blush]

 

GD returned her look with a glare, which made his father cough. He looked at his dad who was glaring back at him. GD then returned looking at Sohee and smile albeit looking like he has dark intentions.

 

The dinner finished with small talks and their parents promising to have an engagement party a week from now.

 

Both of them escorted the girls to the limo politely and when they saw the car disappear from their sight...

 

Yong: Hyung, what are we going to do?

 

GD: I'm not so sure.

 

Yong: So am I.

 

Silence surrounds them before...

 

Yong: Sh*t! [Fumbles with his phone] Hyun..[Hastily tries to open his phone] I need to go, hyung.

 

Yonghwa run to the valet and immediately rode his car leaving a shocked GD.

 

GD: [opens his phone] [40 text messages and 15 voice mails] This is so not my day...

 

Like Yong, he fetched his car and drove off.

 

~~~~***~~~~

Yong's Side

 

The number you have dialed is currently out of service. Please leave a message after the tone... [Beep]

 

Yonghwa felt like his heart suddenly stopped when Seohyun's phone is still out of reach after several calls.

 

Yong: Hyun... It's me... I... I've already called you 20 times, can you pick up? Are you still at the restaurant? Hyun? I'm.... sorry...

 

After ending his call, he threw his phone in the passenger seat hitting the well-prepared gift. He didn't even notice it as it stumble down to the floor of his car.

 

 

Nothing is more important than Joo Hyun.

 

A few minutes have passed and the slight drizzle of rain became a full out shower making it harder for him to drive.

 

He was already a few blocks away from the restaurant when he was met with traffic. Hitting his steering wheel in anger, he parked his car and run...

 

Yong: Please be there! Please! Please!

 

Out of breathe and drenched with the cold rain, he arrived in front of the restaurant but he was only welcomed with a CLOSED sign.

 

Yonghwa can hear his heartbeat ringing in his head.

 

Yong: [whispers] Joo Hyun [screams] SEO JOO HYUN!! HYUN!

 

He kept calling until his voice turned hoarse. Feeling defeated, he was about to go back but stopped when he heard the door open.

 

Yong: Hyu-[looks at the door]

 

Waiter: [bows down] Young master Jung. I didn't expect you to show up. Miss Seo already left a few minutes ago.

 

Yong: [clenches fist] She did? Did someone fetch her?

 

Waiter: [looks at the drenched Yong] Yes. I believe her driver did.

 

Yong: Damn! If only I was faster, I would've made it... Thank you.

 

Yonghwa turns around and was about to run back to his car when the waiter suddenly spoke again.

 

Waiter: Young master, I just want you to know that Miss Seo waited for you until the restaurant closed without even eating anything. When we told her we are already closing she only smiled at us and said thank you before waiting for you in this exact spot for an hour. [Looks at the silent Yong][Nervous] Miss... Miss Seo only left when it suddenly rained and [shuffles feet] when we think she gave up and thinks you are not going to show up.

 

Yonghwa looked at the waiter as he suddenly imagine Seohyun looking around her, looking at her watch wondering when he would show up. He can picture her messed up hair and her make up ruined as she stood under the rain. Yonghwa felt his heart sank as he imagined Seohyun, and he can't help but feel angry at himself for not being able to do anything.

 

Waiter: Young master?

 

The voice of the waiter broke his reverie. Putting his hands in his eyes, Yonghwa gave a bitter smile.

 

Yong: That's our Hyunnie all right. Always patient...she... She did well while I... I screwed up... I screwed up big time, didn't I?

 

The waiter looked at the sad young man.

 

Waiter: Y-yes, you did but I know you can fix this young master.

 

Yong: [soft smile][looks above] You think too much about me.[shakes head] Thank you.

 

Yonghwa turned and walk away.

 

Waiter: Young master, do you want to borrow an umbrella?

 

Yong: [shakes head] It's all right. I... I like the rain. I need to go. Thank you for everything.

 

He then broke into a run towards his car.

 

Yong: Wait for me Hyun.

 

Waiter: [looks at the running Yong] I pray for those two to have the ending they deserve.

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

TBC...

 

A/N Koori here! Sorry if it's cliffhanging. We we're supposed to include GD's side here, but decided to just put it in the next chappie. I'm pretty sure a lot of you we're surprised by the sudden turn of events. kekeke... I hope you won't hate us for this. *hides*

The next chappies will be more serious from now on...

 

Yume here! ^.^>

haha. You might be surprise of the turn of event but for me I like it. Haha. Drama makes a story turn more interesting. This chapter and the next has undergone serious talking hahaha. Anyways, wait for our next chapter as soon as we type and fix it.

 

ANNYEONG!!! Aya here! ^^

aigoo.. Mianhe for not replying or commenting...jeongmal mianhe... I've been a lazy manager for the past weeks.. Aish... anyway, i hope you'll like the updated chapters of unnie and yume-ah... They are really giving their best to make uri story more interesting... Kekeke... :) and i'm trying my best to give them some ideas... Kekeke.. As well as nag them to write.. [laughs] please wait for the next chappies! Arasso? ~chu! [bows] ^^