Chapter 11

Pretty Boy

Chapter 11: Battle of the Exes. Parke-Seo sisters Fights back!

 

Yonghwa can’t wipe the silly smile off his face as he drives both of them to the café they visited on their “first” date. He was whistling happily when Seohyun suddenly gasped, making him step on the brake.

Yong: What happened? [worried] Are you alright?

Hyun: I’m alright [excited] I just saw a poster saying that one of my favorite authors is having a book signing event!

Yong: Really? Do you want to go there?

Hyun: [nods]

Yonghwa smiled at her and turns his car to the bookstore’s direction.

Yong: What’s the harm in a simple booksigning?

As soon as they arrived in the bookstore, Yonghwa wanted to eat his words earlier. He was slightly puzzled at the number of teenage girls waiting (and spazzing) as they wait for their turn in the book signing.

Yong: I didn’t know many girls reads self-improvement books like Hyun.

Yonghwa followed Seohyun religiously as she falls in line. Most of the girls they passed would look at Yonghwa and squeal. Once they’re already in line, Yonghwa can hear some camera clicks on his way.

Yong: What the?

Girls: Yonghwa-oppa! Kyaa~ Handsome as always!!

Yong: Do I know you girls?

Girls: [pouts] We go to the same school oppa.

Yong: Really? I can’t recall seeing you there…

Hyun: [confused] Yo~ng… Why are they taking pictures of you? I didn’t know you’re that popular.

Yong: Just ignore them Hyun.  I can’t believe she just noticed it…

Hyun: But… [looks at the girls]

Yong: [smirks] Why? Is my Hyu~n jealous?

Hyun: Aniyo… Why would I be?

The line moved slowly, and Yonghwa can’t help but feel bored. He looked at his watch for the tenth time, and he can’t believe that it’s been thirty minutes already ever since they fell in line. Yawning, he can’t help but think that the author is probably an old man who already has arthritis that’s why he’s so damn slow at signing books. Yonghwa already rolled up the sleeves of his black shirt because he’s already sweating a bit because of the crowd. Now he regrets wearing a long sleeved shirt plus a blue shirt on top. They were almost at the table when a few girls suddenly surrounded Yonghwa.

Girl 1: Yonghwa-Oppa!

Yong: What do they want now?? Yes…? [looks for Hyun who’s only a few steps away from the table]

Girl 2: Kyaa!! Can we have your autograph?

Yong: [looks at them] What? Why do you need my autograph? I’m not famous… and I’m kind of busy.

Girls: But oppa… T_T

Yong: Sorry [bows to them and was about to leave when the girls barricaded him]

Girls: Please Oppa!

Yong: [sigh] Al—[saw Hyun happily approaching a handsome young man] [glares] Who the heck is that guy?! [looks at the girls] Who’s that??

Girl 3: Oh, he’s the author oppa. He’s soo cute too!! ♥♥♥

Yong: He’s what?! [walks briskly to Hyun and grabs her arm] We’re leaving Hyun!

Hyun: [pouts] But I’m already here. This won’t be long Yo~ng. As soon as I get my autograph, we can go.

Yong: There’s no way I’m going to let you talk to that… that… PLAYBOY!! [glares at the author] How about I give you my autograph instead Hyu~n?

Hyun: [shakes head] I don’t want your autograph. I want his…

Girls: We do Oppa!!!

Yong: [ignores the girls] But Hyu~n…

Hyun: [pats his shoulder] I promise when I’m done, we can go to the café.

Yong: [scowls at the author] If he does one wrong move on her, even just one touch, I’ll definitely kill him.

Defeated, Yonghwa finally let Seohyun get her “autograph”.  When it’s finally her turn, she happily went to the author and hands him her copy of the book.

Author: And to whom shall I write my dedication to? [smiles] Is it for you my beautiful lady?

Hyun: De… I’m Seo Joo Hyun.

Yong: WTF?! Beautiful lady?!?! [glares at him]

Author: [smiles] Such a beautiful name for a very pretty girl. [finally writes her name] Thank you for reading my book.

The author was about to shake Seohyun’s hand when Yonghwa suddenly gripped his wrist.

Yong: [evil smile] Thank you for your time… [leans closer and whispers] But if you don’t want me to break your bones and stop you from writing, better not look, hold or even breathe the same air as Seohyun. [smiles and talks loudly] It was nice meeting you!

Yonghwa finally lets go of his wrists and wound his arms to the waist of a confused Seohyun as they walk out of the bookstore.

Hyun: What did you told him? [looks behind her and saw the pale looking author]

Yong: [smile] I just thanked him for signing your book. [tugs her body towards him] So how about the coffee you promised?

Hyun: [blush] uhhh… y-yeah…

Both of them were almost reaching his car when a number of girls blocked them.

Girl 1: [stomps feet] Oppa! Why are you hugging that girl?? What is she to you??

Girl 2: That’s right Oppa! And look at her clothes! [Eyes Hyun] We’re even ier and prettier than her!

Girls: That’s right!!

Yong: [raises a brow] It’s because… [tightens his hold on Hyun’s waist] She’s mine. [smirks] And why would I replace her with you guys? [looks at a surprised Hyun] She’s already PERFECT…

Girls: WHAT?!?!?!

Yong: [ignores them] Come on Hyun. Our coffee awaits…

Hyun: What did he meant by that?? I—I’m perfect? I’m his?? Aigooo….

Yonghwa chuckled at Seohyun’s dazed face as he gently guided her to his Ferrari. They didn’t even notice that several photos of them were taken by a member of the Journalist Club at their school.

[click]

[click]

Girl: Hehe! This will be such a phenomenon when the entire school sees their photos.

 

~~~~***~~~~

GD & DARA’S SIDE

 

Sandara immediately gathered her shopping bags (which is around ten) and tried to run as fast as she can away from the couple. She kept on whining why those damn shopping bags were so heavy when Jiyong was able to easily carry it around. As she busily dragged her things, the people around her were already looking at her weirdly, including the couple earlier. Sandara scanned her surrounding and was glad when she finally saw Jiyong looking amazingly at the Ddeokbokki being cooked in front of him. (It was his first time buying streetfoods)

Dara: Stal—

Guy earlier: [placed his hand on her shoulder] Dara? Is that you?

Dara: Sh*t SH*T!!! Ottoke?! [makes her voice lower] W- what are you talking about? I’m not who you think I am.

Guy: Huh? Really?

Dara: Yes! Shoo!! Go away!!

Unconvinced, the guy walks to her front and Sandara quickly sat down and covered her face with the shopping bags.

Guy: What are you doing?

Dara: I—I have a cold! Achooo!!! I don’t want you to catch it too. Damn it!! Just leave me alone!

GD: [approaches them with a Ddeokbokki in hand] What’s happening here Crazy Woman? [looks at the guy] And who’s he??

Guy: I’m Lee Joon. Sandara Park’s Ex-boyfriend. [smiles] She really looked like her so I came to ask if it’s really her.

GD: Ex huh? Well of course it’s her.

Dara: No I’m not!

GD: [scowls] What? You suddenly forgot who you are?

Sandara quickly stands up and points at Jiyong angrily. Lee Joon looked at her with a shocked expression, eyeing her from head to toe.

Joon: It is you! [whistles] What happened to you? [laughs] And why are you dressed like that?

Dara: [frozen and speechless] Why can’t I talk back to him?! Come on Dara! You didn’t spend your time changing yourself for this!

Joon: [walks to Dara and holds her chin] You really did changed. Did I affect you that much babe?

GD: [gapes]

Dara: [turns away] Why would I be affected by you?? [glares]

Joon: Haha! Look at that glare yeabo! [chuckles] I bet you don’t even have a boyfriend with that look of yours now. It’s such a waste, you were so pretty before, but now… [looks at her again] I doubt someone would even like y—

Joon was stopped when Jiyong suddenly poured the Ddeokbokki on his head.

Joon: What the!! [holds Jiyong’s shirt] You’re gonna pay for this punk!

GD: [smirks] My hands slipped… [gripped Joon’s hand and removed it] And don’t touch me with your filthy hands.

Joon: [glares]

Jiyong grinned at him and fixed his shirt before walking towards Sandara.

GD: Are you okay?

Dara: [slowly nods her head]

GD: Come on, I’ll treat you somewhere else. Apparently, I’ve dumped our Ddeokboki to some trash.

Jiyong then gathered the shopping bags and was about to walk away with Sandara when Joon shouted.

Joon: Don’t get fooled by his kindness!  Guys like him will only use you for your money. He’s acting all nice right now, but once he gets what he wants from you, he’ll surely dump you like a hot potato.

Jiyong was about to make him eat his words when he noticed Sandara walking to Joon’s direction.

GD: Dara?

Joon: That’s right. I’m much better than him… [grins]

[SLAP!]

GD: O____O

Dara: Don’t… Don’t you ever compare him with the likes of you! At least he’s not fake enough to befriend me because of my money! Unlike you!!

Sandara then shakily walks back towards the stunned Jiyong and pulled her with him. They were walking aimlessly for a few minutes before Sandara finally stopped and sat on a bench. She bent down her head and stared at her lap, her hair now hanging like curtain, covering up her face.

GD: [panics] Ottoke? I don’t know how to handle these kinds of things! [looks around when something caught his eyes] Cra—I mean Dara, stay here okay? I’ll just go and get something. Don’t move!

Jiyong then walks away, occasionally glancing at Sandara.

Dara: Don’t cry! Don’t cry! Don’t cry!!

Sandara can’t help but tell herself, like a mantra. It has been so long since she saw him. He was her past, where she was just like every girl in Seoul University. Snob. Popular. Pretty. Weak… But she changed already! She’s strong now and she shouldn’t have been affected by those words.

Dara: You’re not the old Dara anymore! So don’t you dare cry! Don’t…

Sandara was busy scolding herself that she didn’t even realize that a few tears have already fallen on her lap. She was about to furiously wipe it away when something soft brushed on her face. She immediately looked at it and found an out-of-breath Jiyong holding a weird looking purple rabbit.

Dara: [sniffles] What am I going to do with that weird doll? [crinkles her nose]

GD: Yah! [softly hits her head with the doll] Tamtam would feel hurt. When she came here to cheer you up and yet you called her weird!

Sandara looked at the doll in wonder and Jiyong can’t help but smile.

Dara: Tamtam?

GD: [scratches his head] Well… the shopkeeper Noona said that her name is Tamtam and I can keep the name if I want to. So I decided to… [mumbles] Why am I even explaining this??

Seeing Jiyong like this for the first time,  Sandara can’t help but burst into fits of laughter.

GD: S—shut up!! This is so embarrassing!

Sandara then stood up and held the doll, which is still in Jiyong’s hands. Staring at it, she whispered the words “Thank You”, and then tears started to fall from her eyes. No matter how much she tried to stop it, she just couldn’t. Unconsciously, she leaned her head on Jiyong’s chest and continued sobbing.

Dara: You must be amused seeing me like this right now… I’m weak… weak…

Jiyong then wrapped his arms around the crying Dara and put his chin on her head.

GD: Weak was never part of your vocabulary. You’re the strongest girl I’ve ever met Dara…

As he tries to comfort Dara, he can’t help but have a gnawing feeling in his chest.

GD: Why am I feeling so guilty right now?

 

~~~~***~~~~

YONG & HYUN’S SIDE

 

For the first time since she met Jung Yonghwa, she finally REALLY looked at him. As he ordered once again for the food they’re going to eat, she realized some of the few things she have missed. Like how this small dimple on his left cheek appears whenever he smiles, or how he always fixes his bangs when she doesn’t utter a word. Seohyun kind of find “Watching Yonghwa” fun. She started her new hobby earlier when he suddenly said all those “things” about her. So she decided to observe him, and find out if what he was saying earlier is true. Seohyun knows she’s completely clueless about these kinds of things, but she have read in some book that body language can say so many things, like her unni and that stalkerman.

Yong: Why is she staring at me like that? Is something the matter Hyu~n?

Hyun: [hesitates] Tell me… [breathes] What did you mean by your words earlier?

Yong: Huh? Which one?

Hyun: That… I’m… [mutters] yours…?

Yong: [leans closer] What Hyu~n? I can’t understand you.

Hyun: [leans back] I—I---

Yong: Are you okay?

Hyun: [Breathes in and out] Why are you being so nice to me? <-- changes her question instead

Yong: Huh? Why did you suddenly asked?

Hyun: You’re popular, while I’m not and a lot of girls are obviously fawning over you. So why are you here with someone like me?

Yong: [thinks for a while] Because you’re interesting…

Hyun: Interesting? How? [eyes him]

Yong: How am I going to explain this? Well…

Yonghwa was about to explain to her when a girl suddenly came to him.

Girl: Yong? OMG! It’s really you! [suddenly hugs a stunned Yong] You haven’t changed a bit. Still as handsome as ever.

Yong: Hara? What are you doing here?

Hyun: O___O

Hara: I saw you sitting here from outside [looks at Hyun] And I didn’t know you’re here with SOMEONE.

Yong: This isn’t good. Leave her out of this Hara.

Hara: Wow, now that’s something that you NEVER once did when we were still together.

Yong: What are you talking about?

Hara: [ignores him] Nice to meet you, I’m Goo Hara. Yong’s EX- Girlfriend.

Hyun: Uhh… I’m Seo Joo Hyun… Yong’s—

Yonghwa quickly stood up, cutting Seohyun off, and grabbed Hara’s arm.

Yong: [whispers] We’ll talk later, but for now, leave us alone. You’re going to scare her.

Hara: What is she to you? When we’re still together, you never even worried about me. What does this ugly girl have that I don’t?!

Hara’s outburst has already earned a few stares and whispering from the other costumers. Seohyun just stared at the two, surprised and a bit scared.

Yong: [whispers] Stop this Hara!

The waitress slowly approached their table with their orders on a tray. Seeing this, Hara quickly took the goguma frappe and poured it all to a very shocked Seohyun.

Yong: Hyun!! [glares at hara] Why did you do that?!

Hara: That b*tch deserved i—

[Slap!]

Hara held her cheeks as she stared at Seohyun in disbelief. Apparently, she didn’t expect her to fight back.

Hyun: [nostrils flares] How can you do that?? I never did anything bad to you…

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun at a new light. This is the first time he saw her so mad, and she actually even slapped her. To him, she looked like an avenging goddess.

Hara: How dare you!!!

Hara was about to slap Seohyun back when Yonghwa suddenly gripped her hand.

Hara: [tries to break free] Let me go oppa!!

Yong: [tightens his grip] I think you’ve done enough damage here. If you care enough for your future, better stay away from Hyun. [lets her go]

Hara: [stomps her foot] What makes her so different Oppa? She’s just a petty goody two shoes!

Yonghwa glared at her that made everyone who’s watching them feel like they’re going to die.

Yong: What did you just called her?

Hara: [snorts] She’s a goody two shoes! I’m pretty sure she’ll definitely stay away from you if she discovers what you and Jiyong Oppa’s real colors are. You may be the perfect man on the outside, but inside, you’re the worst one there is.

Yong: You—

Hyun: You have no right to talk to Yong Oppa like that! He already did a lot of wonderful things for me, and he’s the first one who ever did that to me. So… so… [clenches her fists] Don’t you ever say such bad things to him!

Hara angrily looked at Seohyun and suddenly let out a bitter laugh.

Hara: You’re the one who’s gonna get hurt in the end. Don’t blame me for not warning you. [storms out of the café]

[silence]

Yong: I’m sorry Hyun…

Hyun: It’s alright Oppa.

Yong: Are you sure? But now… your dress is ruined. Let me buy you a new one.

Hyun: [shakes her head] No need to buy me a new dress. I’ll just go to the restroom to wash this off…

Yong: But Hyun… What will you wear?

Hyun: [shrug] I’ll manage.

As Yonghwa waited for Seohyun outside the restroom, he tried to recall what just happened earlier, especially the part where she defended him. She’s the first girl who ever did something like that for him. Now he felt so guilty because what happened to Seohyun was his entire fault. After a few minutes, she opens the door and Yonghwa’s forehead creased when he saw that her clothes were clinging to her body.

Hyun: I think I’m good…

Yong: No! I can’t let anyone see her like this! [drags her inside the restroom and locks the door]

Hyun: Omo! Why did he dragged me here and locked the door?!?! [panics]

Yong: [faces the door, his back to Hyun] Take off your blouse.

Hyun: W—what?! E—eh??!! OMG! Am I going to be ?! Waaahh!!

Yong: [clears his throat] Do you trust me hyu~n?

Hyun: I… Yes… I trust you Yong…

Yong: I’m glad them. Don’t worry; I’m not going to do anything stupid.

Seohyun looked at Yonghwa uncertainly, pondering if she should really take off her blouse. But she trusts Yong… she always did. Shakily, she turned around and started to her blouse.

[dugeun]

[dugeun]

Yong: Are you done?

Hyun: De…

Yong: Then raise your hands.

Hyun: Huh?

Yong: Just do it Hyun.

Nervously, Seohyun raised her hands and she suddenly felt a shirt being worn to her. Yonghwa then turned to face her and buttoned up the two top buttons of the shirt.

Yong: It really looks big on you… But that will do [smiles] Now I know what’s the use of wearing two shirts.

Hyun: [blush] Thanks… Oppa…

Yong: [taps her nose] I should be the one who’s thanking you. So… Kamsahamnida Hyu~n…

Yonghwa then held her hand and they quickly walks out of the restroom, ignoring the stares of the costumers there. Yonghwa quickly left some bills to the counter(after insisting that he pays for everything instead of Hyun) and they finally went outside, to Yong’s car...

 

~~

Author's note: Lee Joon was actually just a random choice from Dara's fanboys. lol!

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR READING!! :D