Chapter 12

Pretty Boy

Chapter 12: Dragon Princes travelling to the road called GUILT

 

[silence]

The maids of the Jung mansion can’t help but look nervously at the closed door of the lounge where Jiyong and Yonghwa are. It was a known fact that whenever both of them are together, sounds of broken things and shouting can be heard, that’s why their silence is a little perturbing. One maid knocks at the door and enters the room cautiously.

Maid: Young masters, I… [looks at the both of them who’s currently in their own worlds] Umm… Your snacks…

Yonghwa: Thank you…

[Silence]

After the maid placed their snacks on the table, she bowed down and hurriedly walks out. When the maid has finally left, Yonghwa let out a loud sigh.

Yong: Hyung… I don’t think I can do our bet anymore…

GD: [sighs] I agree…

[silence]

[silence]

When realization hits them, they quickly stood up and pointed at each other.

Yong & GD: Why did you want to back out of the bet?? [surprised]

Yong & GD: Hey, I asked first! Don’t mimic me!

[shudders]

Yong: Since you’re the eldest, you talk first.

GD: No way! Dongsaeng-ah must go first.

Yong: [sigh] Fine. I may… kind of… [mumbles]

GD: What?! I can’t hear you!

Yong: [messes his hair] Aish! It’s just that… I met Goo Hara during my “date” with Hyun… She told some rather bad things about me… and Hyun defended me… I can’t help but feel a little…

GD: Guilty?

Yong: De… And I don’t think I can bear seeing her get hurt because of me. I sort of feel a little…

GD: Protective?

Yong: Exactly! And stop finishing my sentences for me. It’s creeping me out.

GD: It’s because you’re so easy to read. [grins]

Yong: How about you? Don’t tell me you’re also feeling that way towards crazy da—

GD: Don’t call her that! [awkwardly coughs] I mean… I… I’m the only one who can call her that. [blushes]

Yonghwa looked at his surrounding before looking at his Hyung once again.

Yong: Is this the end of the world? Hyung is blushing! I mean… he’s… he never… O____O

GD: [irritated] Why are you looking at me like that??

Yong: [points at him] You just blushed Hyung! I’ve never seen you blush in my entire life before!

GD: [quickly held his cheeks] You did NOT see anything! Arasso??

Yong: I should’ve taken a picture while I had the chance. Kekeke For blackmailing purposes

Gd: [evil glares]

Yong: I’m just kidding okay? But seriously, I really should’ve taken his picture. I’m pretty sure it would be of use someday.

GD: [slumps back the sofa] Aigoo… What should we do now then?

Yong: [sits down and propped his elbows on his thighs] I also have no idea. I didn’t expect this kind of thing to happen.

GD: Well, we can’t really back down. I’m not sure if I can give up my money for her. Besides, I don’t even love her yet… I think…

Yong: Me too. Maybe we’re only feeling like this because they’re different from the previous girls that we’ve met?

GD: Probably…

Silence once again fell in the lounge as both of them were left again in their own little worlds…

 

~~~~***~~~~

DARA & HYUN’S SIDE

 

Sandara stared at the purple rabbit in front of her, while it stared back at her with its button eyes. It may look a bit weird, but she finds it cute. She then smiled and hugged Tamtam. A soft knock at the door broke her reverie and she panicked.

Hyun: Unnie? Can I talk with you?

Dara: Uhh… Sure! Sh*t! Where to hide Tamtam?!?!

The door slowly opens and Sandara immediately dove to her bed and hid Tamtam underneath her pillows. Seohyun looked at her unnie in wonder when she saw her in a prone position on her bed with her hands hidden inside her pillows.

Hyun: Unnie? What are you doing?

Dara: [awkwardly laughs] I… I was just stretching! [stretches her arms and legs] So… What brings Hyunnie here?

Seohyun walks to her and sat down on the bed.

Hyun: Unnie… [pouts]

Dara: I have a bad feeling about this… I think she’s going to ask one of her very, very hard questions once again. De?

Hyun: Can you tell me the difference between Like and Love?

Dara: [gapes] W—why are you asking me that?! Don’t tell me you’re… you’re in-love?!

Sandara’s eyes widened more when Seohyun didn’t even denied it. Instead, she just sighed and stared at the floor.

Hyun: I don’t know unnie… that’s why I’m asking you about this since you already have the experience.

Sandara sighed and properly sat on the bed so she’s now facing her sister.

Dara: It’s that playboy, isn’t it?

Hyun: He’s not a playboy unnie! Yong-oppa is a kind-hearted person, a gentleman and he’s also smart. He—[continues saying good things about him]

Sandara then put a hand in front of Seohyun’s face to stop her from talking.

Dara: [rolls her eyes] Oookay, I get it. He’s the best, perfect man you’ve ever known in your entire life. [sighs] I once know how that feels, back when Joon and I we’re still together…

Hyun: [eyes lit up] So how did you know that you already love him?

Dara: Aigoo… You know that I don’t want to talk about this Hyunnie… Considering the fact that I just SAW him!

Hyun: Please unnie…? [puppy eyes]

Dara: [bearhugs Hyun] Keopta!! You know I can’t say no to that face!!

Hyun: Can’t… Breathe…

Dara: [quickly let’s go] Mianhe Hyun…

Hyun: [takes a deep breath] So…?

Dara: Hmmm… Whenever I see him, I always have butterflies in my stomach. When our eyes meet, time stops and you just want to hold on to that moment forever—[As she continues explaining, Jiyong’s image slowly appears in her mind] – and you keep on saying that you hated him, but the truth is… you’re already starting to like him…

[silence]

[silence]

[realization hits her]

Dara: wait, wait, WAIT!!! That last one does NOT count!! Erase, erase!!! [vigorously shakes her head] Why did I say that?! Omo!! Please have me brainwashed right now!!

Hyun: Unnie?

Dara: [panicking in her own world] This is wrong Dara! You can’t like him! You just can’t!!!

Hyun: Unnie!! [held Dara’s shoulders] Are you okay?

Dara: I… I… Y—yeah… I’m fine. [breathes in and out] So uhh… Did I answered your question?

Hyun: I’m not really sure… I mean butterflies in my stomach…?

Dara: You’ll know when you feel it. Besides, I think in the end, you’re the one who is going to have your own definition of love and like.

Hyun: Eh… But how would I know?

Dara: Aish! It’s all that playboy and stalkerman’s fault for messing with our feelings!! They might be releasing their weird pheromones on us! And they’re doing a great job with it!  [sighs] Hyunnie don’t think about it that much. The right time will come for you to know the answer.

Hyun: [sighs] Alright Unnie…

Seohyun then thanked her Unnie and bid her goodnight before walking out the room. After seohyun finally left, Sandara immediately took Tamtam from underneath the pillow and hugged her.

Dara: Mianhe for hiding you Tamtam… [tightens her hug and she suddenly remembered how she got the toy]

What really is difference between LIKE and LOVE?

 

~~~~

Seohyun feels like she’s even more confused than before. She then walked to her vanity mirror where Yonghwa’s shirt lay. She can’t help but remember everything that happened the day before. Smiling, she hugged the shirt like a teenage girl in-love. Yonghwa’s smell still lingered there, even though it’s already been washed, and she loved it.

Hyun: I don’t know what love is yet… but one thing’s for sure… I think I already like Yong-Oppa…

 

~~~~***~~~~

 

The hustle bustle at Seoul University has turned even louder. At the early hour of 7 am, almost every student are trying to see what’s the craze all about, especially how girls would suddenly scream and cry at the same time. All of them have gathered in front of the bulletin board and are looking at something “interesting”. Seeing this, Sandara can’t help but also wonder what’s in the bulletin board that everyone’s all hyped-up about.

Dara: [jumps up and down] What do you think is in the board Hyun?

Hyun: [shrugs] I don’t know Unnie. Maybe it’s just some gossip. You know how no one reads the bulletin.

Dara: But aren’t you curious what it is?

Hyun: [shakes her head] Not really…

Dara: Really? You’re not even a teensy weensy curious?

Hyun: De… But if you really insist, let’s take a lo—

Seohyun didn’t even get to finish her sentence because Sandara suddenly grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the crowd.

[shove]

[Yah! Let me through]

[shove]

[shoves some more]

Dara: [puts her hands on her hips] Ha! We’re finally here in front! [victory laugh]

While Sandara was doing her self-praising, she didn’t even noticed that everyone has turned silent and was now looking at them.

Hyun: [shakes Dara] Unnie!

Dara: Wait hyunnie, I’m still praising myself…

Hyun: [shakes her more] BUT UNNIE!

Dara: Fine… Can’t I at least feel some glory? Sheesh!

Sandara then looked at the board and her wide smile slowly turns into an all out gaping.

[blink] [blink]

Seohyun looked at her frozen unnie and the thing that was posted on the bulletin. She has a feeling that any moment now, her unnie would explode, just like those ticking time bombs…

3…

2…

1…

Dara: JOO HYUN!!!!!

Hyun: It’s not…

Dara: NOT WHAT I SEE?! [hyperventilates]  NOT WHAT I SEE??? SEO JOO HYUN!!!!

Hyun: Omo… I think Unnie has lost it… [scared]

Seohyun was thinking of an explanation when the fake nose ahjumma (yes, she’s ba~ack) appeared.

Fake nose ahjumma(FNA): [points at Hyun] YOU!!! You’re the girl Yong-Oppa claimed as his girlfriend!!!

Dara: [twitch][slowly turns her head] What did you just said???

FNA: [crosses her arms] Oh, I forgot that she’s related to you. I bet you witches had cast some kind of love spell on our Oppas!

Girls: That’s right!!

Sandara’s war-crazed mind suddenly shut off when the chorus of all the girls blared on her ears, as they all agreed to what the fake nose ahjumma claimed. Seohyun just lowered her head as the chaos erupts in front of her.

Hyun: [whispers] But… we’re not doing anything wrong…

FNA: What are you mumbling about? A lot of girls already said that Yong-Oppa was very “protective” of you. I bet dressing like that and acting all innocent was just your way to get his attention.

Dara: How dare you talk to Hyunnie like that!! Why you!!!

Sandara was about to march to the fake-nosed girl’s direction but Seohyun quickly pulled her unnie’s bag, resulting to Tamtam flying out.

Hyun: Please don’t fight unnie!

Dara: [ignores her] Tamtam!

The fake nose girl was all ready to defend herself from Sandara (she even practiced martial arts ever since their first meeting) and she was surprised when a doll landed on her hands.

FNA: Eeewww!!! [holds Tamtam like it’s garbage] What is this ugly thing??

Dara: That’s mine! Give it back!

FNA: [snorts] Why am I not surprised? An ugly doll equals an ugly master. [laughs]

Dara: Why you!!!

FHA: Uh-uh [wags her fingers at Dara] Don’t you dare move if you don’t want me to destroy this. [smirks]

Dara: [furiously glares at her]

Seohyun stares at her unnie and the fake nose girl. She suddenly felt guilty because all this was her fault. She was always the weak one, the one who always stands at the back while her unnie protects her. Gathering her courage, she marched her way to the distracted girl and snatched the doll back.

Hyun: You shouldn’t steal something that isn’t yours.

Sandara can’t help but gape at her sister while the fake-nosed girl looked livid.

FNA: And you shouldn’t squeeze yourself into other people’s business! [sneer] I bet Yong-oppa just felt sorry for you that’s why he’s being so nice to you. Such a pitiful girl… [snatches Tamtam back from a stunned Hyun] This ugly looking doll deserves to get thrown! [was about to throw Tamtam when a strong hand gripped her wrist]

Yong: What do you think you’re doing?

Hyun: Yong…

Fangirls: OPPAS!!!

Jiyong paid them no heed and stared at the doll in the girl’s hand. Yonghwa looked around at the spectacle and his eyes pierced when he saw the entire bulletin board has his and Hyun’s face plastered on it. Angry, he tightened his grip on the poor girl’s wrist.

FNA: Oppa… It hurts…

GD: You deserve it! Be thankful that it’s Yong who’s gripping your wrist and not me. Why do you have that doll?

Yong: And what did you just told Hyun? [glares at the bulletin]

Everyone present there suddenly turned silent as both princes glared at the poor girl.

FNA: [stutters] I… I… It’s just that… news broke that you are going out with her. [shakily points at Hyun] And I know that Oppa won’t even think of… [whispers] going out with someone like her…

Yong: Who are you to tell me who I should date? You have no right to say that!

FNA: Apa!! [let’s go of Tamtam]

Dara: TAMTAM!!!

Jiyong quickly caught the falling doll before it even touched the ground.

GD: [glares] You dare insult and drop Tamtam?!

FNA: [cries] I… I…

Jiyong and Yonghwa just sneered at her act and Yonghwa felt so mad that he even tightened his grip on her.

Hyun: Oppa… let her go already…

Yong: No Hyun… This girl needs to be taught to keep shut.

Hyun: But she’s hurt, and  she’s already crying Oppa… I’m sure that she’s sorry about what she did.

Dara: As if she—

Hyun: Unnie!

Dara: [sigh] Fine. Yah! Let her go already!

GD: Don’t Yong. This woman needs to learn a lesson.

Hyun: Yong! Please let her go…

Yonghwa looked at Hyun and sighed. He slowly loosened his grip on the girl’s wrist and she quickly ran away crying with her friends following.

GD: Man, they’re not yet together and yet he’s already so whip

Hyun: [pats Yong’s back] Thank you Yo~ng…

Yong: [weakly smiled at her] I’m sorry… This wouldn’t have happened if—

Hyun: Sshhh… It’s not your fault, so please don’t apologize. [smiles]

Sandara looked at the way her Hyunnie and the playboy looked at each other, and glared at them suspiciously. Suddenly, she remembered the initial issue: The bulletin board incident.

Dara: Hey Playbo—

GD: Crazy woman! [shoves Tamtam to her arms] You are not taking good care of Tamtam!

Dara: But it—

GD: And all of you! If we see someone bullying these two girls again, CNBB will hunt you down!

The people around them gulped in horror. No one goes around defying Kwon Jiyong’s wishes. Though they still find it weird why they’re sticking with those two weird girls and being over protective with them. This type of thing has never happened before.

Yong: And I want those pictures removed! If I return at lunch and these are still here, I’ll make sure that the ones who did this will see hell!

A few students quickly went to the bulletin to remove the pictures as soon as Yonghwa was done talking. The Dragon Princes then held the hands of the two girls and pulled them as they walk. The onlookers can only stare at them in wonder, while the girls cried their heart out.

 

It seems like that the new students have captivated the hearts of two of the most sought after guys in Seoul University.

 

Gossips soon erupts…

 

~~

Author's notes:

Koori here! Update! Yaayy!! *finally managed to* Phew! My head seems like it's gonna burst due to our review. Haha!! And I think I'll almost die because of sleepiness. Good thing we don't have reviews everyday, or else... *dies*

Anyway, I realized that this chap is kinda short after I typed it. (It seems long when I look at the draft)

Oh yeah, WE ARE SOOOO HAPPY!! Yeah! We are when we read your comments about chap11 being the best chap so far! We'll do our best to make every chapter good!

Thank you!!!