Time is Key

District Twelve

"You couldn't have waited until you got to your room, eh?" a voice asked. Kai and Kae In turned their heads to find a highly amused Suho. "Um, no, Oppa, it's not what it looks like-" Kae In instantly stood up, and helped Kai up as well. "Suuuuuureeeee," Suho stifled a laugh as he walked back to his room, "I was wondering what was taking you guys so long." Suho walked back into his room, and then poked his head back out, "By the way, Chanyeol's calling for a meeting in his room in half an hour," Suho informed before slamming his door closed. Kai and Kae In sighed, laughing nervously at each other before they proceeded to go into their room.

 

Kae In and Kai had collapsed on their beds, falling into a deep sleep. They woke up, half an hour later, to loud banging on their door. "Yah, Kae In! Kai! Get your butts out here!" a voice yelled from the other side of the door. Kae In sighed as she lugged herself to the door and opened it, seeing Chen on the other side. "Oh, were you sleeping? Kai too?" Chen asked, poking his head into the room. "Yeah . . that work totally put us out," Kae In yawned, rubbing her eyes. "Yeah, Luhan had to literally drag Sehun to Chanyeol's room. Come on, head over to Chanyeol's room soon. We need a game plan to get Tao," Chen explained. Kae In nodded, and closed the door. She walked over to Kai and shook his shoulder. "Yah, Oppa . . let's go," she yawned in between her phrases. "No . ." Kai grumbled, pulling the blankets over his head. "Oppa!" Kae In clicked her tongue, pulling the blankets away from him. He suddenly grabbed her wrist, which caught Kae In's attention. "If you kiss me, then I'll go," Kai said with a smirk. Kae In's heart skipped a beat when he saw that famous smirk of his. "Y-Yah, are you crazy? Stop playing around Kai! We have serious business to take care of!" Kae In lectured, pulling her wrist away from Kai. "Fine. You can go and I'll just sleep in," Kai yawned, turning his back to Kae In. "Aish, you hard headed child!" Kae In huffed under her breath as she stomped her foot. She rolled him over so he was facing her, and placed a quick peck on his cheek. "There, can we go now?" Kae In pulled away, madly blushing. Kai looked at her with one eye open, smiled a small smile, and then nodded.

 

"Finally," Xiumin said as he saw Kai and Kae In walk into Chanyeol's room. "Sorry guys. Kai took forever to wake up," Kae In shot a glare at Kai, but he just smiled widely at her, "So what's up?" Kae In sat on one of the two beds, as Kai followed her lead. "We were just talking about how we were going to get Tao," Kyungsoo answered. "It seems that Tao walked from here to here," Xiumin said, showing everyone the book as he pointed at one point on the map, and then another point, "We're here," Xiumin then pointed to a place where Tao currently was. "I monitored the map when me, Chen, Kyungsoo, and Suho finished working. We didn't have much to do, so we were the first ones done. I used the time to watch Tao's movements," Xiumin explained to everyone, "while Tao was going to his current location, he kept stopping, and then moving again. Chanyeol's theory is that Tao was struggling to get to wherever he is now." Kae In looked down and furrowed her eyebrows. "Or maybe Sooman's guards got him," Kae In suggested. Mumbles erupted amongst the group, and Chen silenced everyone. "Kae In might be right. The four of us went for a walk two hours after we finished our job for some fresh air. Kyungsoo suggested we should just have an idea where Tao was so we would know where he was-" "You left the group? Do you know what danger you all could have been in?" Chanyeol asked sternly. Xiumin rolled his eyes, "We're here now, aren't we? Anyway," he continued, "there's something odd about this district. There's a clock tower literally at every corner of every street. Why do they need those if they have a bell tower?  We walked towards Tao's location, and it seemed to be leading towards the bell tower, but the road was blocked off by a gate. Not to mention, there was someone there guarding the entrance. He had told us that the road was blocked off due to an accident, but he's lying for sure. Tao's in that bell tower." Some nodded at his explanation, and some thought deeply. "May I ask how did the guard look like?" Kae In asked, looking up at Xiumin. He thought for a minute, but he definitely remembered how he looked like. "He had dark hair, and it was upwards. He had a serious look on his face, but it looked like he was grumpy," Xiumin explained, trying as hard as he could to describe the guard. Kae In sighed, rubbing her face. "Good job guys . . they know we're here now," Kae In shook her head out of disbelief.

 

"What?! How would you know?" Kris asked, raising his eyebrows. "If my guess is correct, Xiumin talked to Seungho. He's one of Sooman's guards. I'm also assuming that his guards know how all of us look like, because Sooman IS after us, right? So if Xiumin talked to him, which he did, that means Seungho knows we're here," Kae In explained. "Nice one, Baozi," Luhan glared at Xiumin, who only laughed nervously. "Guys, what's done is done. We can yell at Xiumin later, but now, I think Tao is in trouble. We need to figure out a way to get there without getting caught," Chanyeol said, settling down everyone. "I remember seeing a horse ranch next to this hotel on the way here," Lay suggested, "we could borrow a few." Chanyeol shook his head, "No, too loud. We can't use Kai's powers either. We need him to have as much energy as possible in case something goes wrong and we have to fight." "We could just walk there. Xiumin oppa said it wasn't that far, right? That way we can hit Seungho with a surprise attack," Kae In suggested, looking at everyone. "Seems reasonable enough. Let's head out," Chanyeol nodded, and everyone stood up to get ready to retrieve the last member of the prophecy.

 

Xiumin had led the group towards the suspicious gate, and were hidden from Seungho's view. Kae In was to distract Seungho while Kai would teleport behind him and hit Seungho in the head with a brick. Kae In didn't want to do what Chanyeol had ordered her to do, but it was all for saving Tao. She walked from her hiding spot and towards Seungho. He stood straight up and stared at Kae In as she walked towards him. "No way are you walking away from me this time," Seungho smirked, ready to fight, but Kae In didn't show any signs that she was going to hurt him, so he held back. "If you want all of us to surrender, I suggest you follow my every command," Kae In whispered, walking closer to Seungho. She held his face with her soft hands and tilted her head, observing him. "What if I don't?" Seungho scoffed nervously, raising an eyebrow. "Well, there's always consequences to your actions, my dear," Kae In leaned forward to whisper into his ear. Suddenly, a quick but sharp sound echoed throughout the path. Kai had teleported behind Seungho and slammed the brick down onto Seungho's head. Seungho immediately collapsed onto the floor, lying lifelessly. "You minx," Kai chuckled, raising an eyebrow at Kae In as she just rolled her eyes, "Probably the only time Chanyeol would be fine with me acting that way."

 

The group hastily, but quietly, made their way inside the bell tower. The door was open, but they were confused as to where to go. They suddenly heard an ear-piercing scream come from an open door the end of the hallway, and they slowly made their way towards the door quietly. "Huang Zi Tao, I suggest you tell us where Kae In and her little pets are before we kill you in the process of this pointless interrogation," a low voice demanded. Kae In peeked into the room and saw ten of Sooman's guards inside the room. Tao was tied to a chair, and was placed in the middle of the room while everyone surrounded him. "I told you, I don't know who Kae In is! I don't know any of the names you've screamed at me! Please let me go, I've never done anything to you!" Tao yelled, a look of worry plastered onto his face. "You're lying!" Jaejoong screamed, throwing an object onto the floor and slamming the table. "My patience has run out. If she needs you to fulfill the prophecy, we'll just have to eliminate you," Jaejoong panted, smirking evilly at Tao. Tao's eyes wandered towards the door. He saw Kae In poking her head into the room. "Think again," Tao scoffed. Jaejoong gave him a scathing look and was about to whip out his scythe, but suddenly he stopped. No one in the room moved. Not a single sound came from the room; everyone was frozen in place.

 

"What's going on?" Kyungsoo whispered. "I think he stopped time," Kris replied. "But why are we still moving?" Baekhyun asked, a bit confused. "Please let me out. I've been waiting for you to come and save me. We don't have much time," Tao called from inside the room. Everyone widened their eyes and immediately stood up to help Tao. "Tao, are you alright?" Xiumin asked, kneeling to untie the ropes on his feet. "I . . I'm fine. I'm a bit weak after their torture, so my power won't last very long," Tao seemed to be struggling to get the words out of his mouth. "Here Tao, stay still," Lay said, stepping past Xiumin and Chen as he leaned forward and touched Tao's face, instantly healing the bruises and cuts that were previously there. "Lay," Tao smiled, "Kris, Chen . . you're all here. You too, Kae In." Kae In turned her head to him and was surprised to know that he knew her name. "Tao, can you stand up? All the ropes are untied," Lay asked, trying to help Tao up. "N-No," Tao winced, clutching at his stomach when he attempted to stand up, "we need t-to leave . . now." Kai stepped forward and teleported everyone back to the hotel, just before time resumed its normal pace.

 

 

Updated ~ Tao, the last member of the prophecy, has joined the group! What will happen next?! Until the next update! x3 By the way, if you like this story, please support me by upvoting this story! Just click the arrow next to the title in the foreward, and you're set! c: kyeopta4ever: thanks for the support! <3 AHer-KpopLover: I'm very torn. = 3= ; ; but I've made my decision! ^ ^ thanks for the support! <3

Love always,