Trapped

District Twelve

The boys stood up while Kae In woke up Kris and Kai. Together, they followed Chanyeol towards the crowd of people. Some girls swooned as Suho walked onto the shore with surfboard in hand. "Great surfing today, Suho! That was amazing!" someone commented, and Suho just responded with a dashing smile, which caused the fangirls to squeal. Suho walked past the crowd and seemed like he was leaving, but Kris stopped him. "Suho!" he said, grabbing his arm. "Please let go of me. Do I know you?" he asked, raising an eyebrow skeptically. "Hyung, it's us!" Kai exclaimed, running to Kris's side. "Kai . ." Suho whispered in disbelief. As he looked at the rest of the boys that were walking to catch up, he gasped, "Baekhyun . . Chanyeol!" A grin replaced the frown from before once he saw Kai, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. "I thought I'd never see you guys again," he laughed, pulling Kai and embracing him into a hug.

 

The group talked a bit to find out why Suho had only remembered Kai, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. According to Suho, he had dreams of the memories when he would train with six people, who included Kai, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. He had no idea who Chen and Kris were. It seemed like he had Chen's problem when Chen had first joined the group. Suho then added that his dreams would always end in King Sooman killing him, and he went out surfing to get his mind off of it. "Suho, you have to help us. Help us defeat Sooman, and we can all become King again," Baekhyun pleaded. "I'd be honored to. Let's see how Sooman likes it when he's the one going down instead of me," Suho nodded, smiling up at everyone. "By any chance, do you know where Kyungsoo is? He's in on the prophecy too," Kai asked curiously. "Kyungsoo? He's the District's second in command after Donghae. We go out for lunch and dinner everyday," Suho nodded, looking at everyone, "he's at District Hall, where everyone who works for the District is at." "We can't stride into District Hall as if we own the place. Sooman has probably informed all twelve districts about us. Walking in there is suicide!" Kris shook his head. "They know?" Suho gasped, widening his eyes. "Suho should just go in and tell Kyungsoo to go with him. We'll choose a hiding spot and wait there," Chanyeol explained. "That seems like a good plan. Let's go, Kyungsoo's shift is almost over," Suho said, standing up.

 

The group hid in an alley as they watched Suho walk into District Hall. Twenty minutes had passed, and Suho still wasn't in sight. "What's taking him so long?" Chen whispered, and everyone shrugged. "How would you like to join him?" a sinister snicker echoed through the alley. Everyone looked left and right, but there was no one in sight. Everyone huddled together, ready to fight. "We'll have none of that . ." the sinister voice whispered once more, and the alley was  suddenly filled with purple mist. "G-Dragon . ." Kae In whispered, and she became horror-stricken. "We need to leave this alley, now!" Kae In shouted. The boys were confused, but they just followed Kae In. Kai fell, clutching his throat. "Kai!" Baekhyun yelled, running back to him. Kris and Chen were next to fall onto the floor, panting. "I can't . . breathe . ." Kai wheezed, fainting seconds later. Kae In was trying to lug Kris and Chen, but it was no use; the mist had soon afflicted her as well. She crawled towards the end of the alley, but ended up fainting as well.

 

Kae In groaned as she slowly blinked her eyes open to discover that she wasn't in the alley anymore. It seemed like she was in a dungeon. She gasped, opening her eyes wide. She looked around and saw more cells. Everyone was in different cells far from each other. She tried to stand up, but was held back with the iron shackles that prevented her from using her powers. She felt weak and tired. "Ch-Chanyeol? Kris? Baekhyun? Anyone?" Kae In whimpered. She was afraid; she didn't know what was going to happen. A door opened, and her head turned to it. "Sleeping beauty's awake, guys," a familiar voice chuckled as twelve guards filed into the room. Kae In gasped as she crawled as far away as she could away from the cell's door, hugging her knees. "Aw, she's scared . . why don't you bring her out so we can chat?" Nichkhun laughed, gesturing another guard to open the cell. "Don't you dare touch her!" Chanyeol screamed from the other side of the room. The guards turned towards him, but paid no attention to his threat. Woohyun came at Kae In with a key, and unlocked the chains from the bar. He held onto the chains as he dragged Kae In out of the cell and into the room. "Aw, sweetheart, there's no need to cry. We won't hurt you," Jiyong, who went by G-Dragon, said as he Kae In's cheek, "Sooman specifically ordered that you be brought back to him alive." Kae In was crying softly; she didn't want her or any of the boys to die. "Your boy toys are another story, though," Woohyun chuckled, looking around the room. He pressed a button on the table, and all the boys cried out in pain. Electricity shot up their body through the shackles, and Kae In cried harder.

 

"Please . . please don't hurt them," Kae In sobbed, shaking her head. "Tell us where the rest of EXO is," Nichkhun commanded, grabbing Kae In's chin. "I-I don't know! I really don't!" Kae In cried, shaking her head. It was true, she didn't know where all of EXO was. That's what the book was for, and the book was safe in their hotel room. Nichkhun sighed as he let go of her, and nodded at G-Dragon. G-Dragon nodded, and stepped forward. He punched Kae In square in the stomach, and she cried out in pain as she fell to the floor sobbing. "You ! When I get my hands on you, I'll-" Kris yelled, but was silenced with the electricity shooting up his body. "Sooman clearly stated we do not hurt Kae In. He wants his bride to be healthy once we get back to District Twelve," a voice said. "She's not going to tell us what we need to know unless we get it out of her!" one of the guards said back. "We follow the king's orders exactly as we were told to. Hurting her could get us into deep trouble," the voice said. A guard stepped towards Kae In, and when Kae In opened her eyes, she saw that it was Yoseob. "I'm tired of this. I'm going on a lunch break," one of the guards sighed as the other guards mumbled and decided that a lunch break sounded nice at the moment. "Yoseob, you stay and guard since you ate already," Woohyun grumbled as he walked out of the room and slammed the door shut.

 

"Kae In," Yoseob said worriedly, kneeling onto the floor as he held her up. "Agh," Kae In winced, sniffling as she held onto Yoseob. "I'm sorry I couldn't stop them . . I didn't know they were going to hurt you," he said, shaking his head in disbelief. "Oppa, it's okay . . you couldn't have done anything," Kae In whispered, breathing heavily. "I need to get you all out of here," Yoseob whispered, helping Kae In stand up as she leaned onto the table for support. Yoseob went into Kae In's cell and pushed past a pile of hay. He then moved a couple of bricks that uncovered a secret passageway. Yoseob then walked back to Kae In and unlocked the shackles from her wrists. She sighed as she felt the weight disappear, and began feeling more alive. She helped Yoseob unlock the rest of the cells. Kyungsoo was in one of the cells, and Kae In assumed he barely knew what was happening. "Tie me to this chair with that rope," Yoseob said, gesturing to the pile of rope near the door. "Wh-What?" Kae In stuttered, but did as Yoseob told. With the help of Suho, Yoseob was tightly tied to the chair. "Go out that secret passageway and leave as soon as you can. Sooman is on his way to collect all of you, and you need to be gone by the time he gets here," Yoseob explained. "Yoseob, why are you doing this?" Kae In asked softly. "I am obligated to help my only friend, Kae In. Now hurry," Yoseob replied, gesturing towards the passageway. Kae In just stared back at him. She ran over to hug him goodbye, and followed the boys to the secret passageway.