Speedy Recovery

District Twelve

Kae In grumbled and slowly blinked her eyes open, squinting so that she could get used to the amount of light in the room. "Kae In!" a familiar voice exclaimed as she felt someone hug her. "Hmm . . ?" Kae In mumbled, opening her eyes more, and realizing that the person hugging her was Kris. "Are you okay Oppa?" Kae In asked, extremely concerned. "Oh, you don't have to worry about me. I'm in tip top shape; just a few scrapes and bruises, a lot of bruises I might add, but I'm fine. I'm more concerned about you, though," Kris replied, ruffling Kae In's hair as he pulled away. "Um," Kae In actually didn't know how she felt. She knew that now she wasn't numb. She sat up, and to her surprise, didn't feel any pain at all. "I feel great," Kae In smiled, in awe that she had recovered that fast. "Well, you were unconscious for five days-" Kris began to explain, but Kae In interrupted him, "FIVE DAYS?!" Kris jumped at Kae In's sudden shouting, but nodded. "Hold on, let me get everyone. Chanyeol hasn't been sleeping, and Kai's worried sick about you," Kris said, getting up from the chair next to the bed, as he jogged out of the room.

 

 

Everyone was glad Kae In had finally woken up, especially Chanyeol. After he got the okay from Lay that Kae In was in perfect shape, he went to his room to take a nap. "Told you Lay was the best doctor in EXO Planet! He got you fixed up in one day! But you were sleeping, so you couldn't have known . ." Xiumin explained, smiling up at Lay and patted his shoulder. "I didn't realize that your exaggeration was actually true though . ." Kae In sighed, smiling at Lay. "My, you didn't believe me? Well, Lay holds the power of healing, unlike most of us, who have offensive powers. So it's natural for Lay to be a really good doctor," Xiumin explained, nodding his head. It was late in the afternoon, and the sun was shining bright outside. "I'm gonna relax outside for a bit. Need to get the sun out of here, cause it doesn't belong here," Xiumin chuckled, waving to everyone before he stepped out of the room. Kae In ate a sandwich Lay had made for her while Suho, Kai, Kris, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chen all did silly things to make Kae In feel better. Two hours later, when Chanyeol had awoken from his nap, Chanyeol decided that they should get moving now that Kae In was feeling better. Lay called a crew of people to replace him while he was gone, and soon they were all on their way to the train station.

 

 

"So where are we headed next?" Xiumin asked excitedly, leaning forward to take a peek at the book Kae In was looking at. "We're heading to District Seven!" Kai answered, who was sitting right next to him. "Isn't that a really, uh, dangerous city?" Kyungsoo gulped, who was sitting behind Kai. "It's really ghetto," Suho explained, "there are factories, skyscrapers, and buildings everywhere. A lot of robberies and murders take place down there." Chen raised an eyebrow, "Why do you know so much about District Seven?" Suho chuckled, "I've been to every district at least once. I travel a lot to get my mind off of the nightmares I get every night." "Well then we're definitely going to have to stick together for sure on this trip, because we can't afford to get hurt now that Sooman is high on our trail," Kris suggested, causing everyone to nod in agreement.

 

District Seven was just how Suho had described it. "We better check into a hotel right now. It gets worse at night," Suho suggested, and everyone nodded as they followed his lead. The hotel they checked into was extremely classy and sparkly. "Are you sure we have enough money for a room here?" Chanyeol elbowed Suho, but Suho just laughed. "Relax! My uncle own this hotel, so we're all good," Suho nodded, smiling at Chanyeol. As Suho approached the front desk and flashed a smile at the female employee on the other side of the desk, they all knew Suho just had to have something up his sleeves. He charmed the lady into giving him three rooms, and they went right to settling their things in their rooms. "Alright, so I could only get us three rooms. Since there's nine of us, we're going to have to split into groups of three to share one room," Suho explained, and Chanyeol went straight to organizing the groups. Kae In and Kai relaxed on the couch, watching tv, while Kris was showering. They tried to find out where Luhan was, but the map was really confusing. Kai heard a knock come from the other side of the door, and checked through the peephole before opening it. "What's up guys? Find out where we're supposed to look for Luhan?" Suho asked, seating himself on the couch with Kai and Kae In. "Here, why don't you look at it? The map's really confusing," Kae In sighed, giving the book to Suho. "Luhan's at a casino," Suho said within five seconds of looking at the map, "but they're only open at night." Kae In and Kai sighed. "Well I'll go tell Chanyeol, and we'll be on our way," Kae In decided, but Suho stopped her. "Do any of you guys have formal wear in any of your backpacks? We can't get into the casino wearing what we have on right now. They just don't. Rich people from around the world come here to go to that casino, and there's not a lot of rich people, right? If we give any hint that we're not anything close to rich, we'll be thrown out within seconds," Suho explained. "Hmm . ." Kae In thought.

 

Only Suho and Kris had brought tuxedos, and they had to figure out what the rest of the guys were going to wear. Kae In, on the other hand, fortunately brought a whole outfit that she could wear. Suho unwillingly paid for everyone else's tuxedos with his credit card from a store downstairs. They all changed into them, and were waiting in Kai's room. Kae In was taking longer than expected. "Kae In-ah, hurry up! I want to get this over with," Kai shouted, not liking the feeling of wearing a tux. "Hold on, I'm almost done, I promise!" Kae In replied, causing Kai to sigh and roll his eyes. Before Kai could turn around, the restroom door opened, and Kae In stepped out. "Is this okay? I hope I didn't overdo it. I don't even know why I brought these things," Kae In chuckled, spinning so that everyone could look at her. "Umm . ." Kai muttered, but no words would come out of his mouth. "Uhh . ." Baekhyun and Kris mumbled. They looked like they were trying to say something, but they didn't know what. "I knew I overdid it - I'll go change," Kae In sighed. She turned around to go back into the bathroom, but Kai grabbed her wrist. "Trust me Kae In, you look fine. Let's just go now, okay?" Kai smiled nervously.