Memory

District Twelve

 

"Yah, Xiumin . . can you . . slow . . down?" Kai panted after they walked into the hospital. The group nodded in agreement as they too, were panting. Baekhyun carefully set Suho onto a bench and looked around to see that Xiumin had disappeared. Everyone was really glad that it felt just right in the hospital; mostly because it was warm. "That's them. Aren't you happy that they're here, Lay?" Xiumin's voice was heard from the hallway. The group was sitting in the waiting room, waiting for someone to help them. There wasn't anyone at the counter, let alone anyone at all; which was quite unusual for a hospital. The group looked up to see a man in a white coat standing next to Xiumin, who still had Kyungsoo on his back. "Bring Suho and follow me," the man in the white coat said with a small smile as he turned around to lead the way. Baekhyun helped set Suho on Chanyeol's back, and everyone followed the man through the empty hallways.

 

 

"Put Kyungsoo in that room, and Suho in the room next to his," the man instructed, pointing to two different rooms. Xiumin walked into one room while Chanyeol walked into the other one. "Guys, this is Lay. He's EXO Planet's best doctor; he can fix up anybody!" Xiumin introduced, patting Lay's shoulder. Xiumin seemed to be a lot more calm than he was a few minutes ago, which was weird. "Annyeong," Lay smiled, waving a bit. Xiumin gave Lay a look, "Lay, you don't know any of them?" Lay looked confused. "Am I supposed to?" he asked, blinking innocently. "Oh boy . ." Kai sighed. "However that you mention it, I know one of them. You . . you're Kae In, right?" Lay recalled, looking straight at Kae In. Kae In nodded her head, wondering why he would know her. "I don't know why, but you've been in my dreams ever since I became a doctor. They were good dreams, though," Lay explained, "now if you excuse me, I'll get right onto treating these two gentlemen; be back soon!" 

 

 

The group went back to the waiting room, having nothing else to do. With a sleeping Kris, Kai, Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol, Kae In was left to be pretty bored. Xiumin sat across from her with his hands clasped in front of his stomach. He was looking down, as if he was thinking about something. "Xiumin? Are you okay?" Kae In asked softly, careful to not raise her voice loud enough to wake up the sleeping beauties. "Hm?" Xiumin mumbled, looking up at Kae In,"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Kae In just blinked. "Well you were so hyper on the way here, and now you're really calm. Are you okay? Do you have some like personality disorder?" Kae In asked, giggling. "Hmm, kinda, but not really," Xiumin chuckled, looking back down at his hands, "it's because when I'm in some place warm, I get really quiet and gentleman-like. When I'm out in the cold where I usually belong, I'm my usual hyper self. So you can say I have a personality disorder; kinda." Kae In's mouth formed into the shape of an o as she realized how much Xiumin's weakness had affected him. 

 

 

"No major injuries were found; all they need is some rest," Lay announced as he walked into the waiting room. Xiumin and Kae In held up a finger in front of their lips, indicating to be quiet. As soon as Lay saw the sleeping boys, he chuckled and shook his head. "All of you should stay for the night. I'll go into the cafeteria and cook us all something. In the meantime, you  and Xiumin should help put everyone in a bed so they can be more comfortable. Every room holds up to four people, so you can figure out who goes where," Lay explained softly as he smiled at the two of them before he walked off to the cafeteria. "Damn Lay leaves us with all the labor work," Xiumin chuckled to himself as he gestured Kae In to lift Kris.

 

 

After fifteen minutes of lugging the boys around, they finally finished. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Suho, and Kai were placed in one room, and Chen, Kris, and Kyungsoo were placed in the room next to theirs. Xiumin was planning to sleep in the last bed where Chen, Kris, and Kyungsoo were sleeping in, and Kae In was planning to sleep in the room next to theirs by herself. She explained that she'd rather sleep in peace instead of having the boys' snores keep her up all night. The two of them made their way to the cafeteria, finding out that Lay had already finished cooking. "Did everyone else wake up yet?" Lay asked, looking up from his plate of spaghetti. "No, I didn't want to ruin their sleep. They've been through a lot today, so they can wait until morning to eat," Kae In smiled, sitting down next to Lay. Lay nodded, just pushing the plates of spaghetti towards Xiumin and Kae In. As soon as Kae In took a bite, she widened her eyes. "Omo, this is freaking amazing!" Kae In exclaimed, stuffing more food into . Xiumin laughed, shaking his head at Kae In's dorkiness. "I get really bored in the hospital, seeing as there's barely any people that come here. So I taught myself how to cook, and I guess it does have its benefits," Lay chuckled, grateful that Kae In enjoyed his cooking. Kae In just ignored Lay and immediately chowed down; she hadn't had food this good since she was back in District Twelve.

 

 

Kae In was the first to finish, which didn't really surprise Lay or Xiumin. "God, if I had this kind of food everyday . ." Kae In sighed, patting her stomach. "Well you and everyone else are allowed to stay here as long as you want," Lay smiled, nodding his head. "Hmm . ." Kae In mumbled, "We kinda have to get moving first thing tomorrow. We have a prophecy to fulfill, so we can't take too much time for ourselves." Xiumin nodded in agreement while finishing up his food. "Prophecy? What prophecy?" Lay asked, extremely interested in what Kae In was talking about. She looked at Xiumin, and he nodded his head towards Lay. Kae In took out the ancient book from the inside of her cloak and opened it to the very first page, where it talked about the story behind the prophecy. She pushed the book towards Lay, and he began reading it very intently. Kae In couldn't tell what he was thinking, because his facial expression didn't change as he flipped through the pages. Xiumin looked at Kae In, and they had brief eye contact before they went back to watching Lay. Lay sighed, pushing the book back to Kae In, and rested his head in his hands. "L-Lay, what's the matter?" Kae In asked, tilting her head to one side. "I was the one that suggested we lock away Sooman . . because of me, all this happened . ." Lay mumbled without looking up. "Yah, Yixing, it can't be helped! You were trying to protect everyone, and it wasn't your fault! You didn't know!" Xiumin said, frowning. "If I hadn't suggested it, he wouldn't have killed so many people! What if he was to use his power for the greater good? And when we locked him away . . it's my fault we ended up dead," Lay sighed, shaking his head. "Yixing, you listen to me. We're not dead, we're alive. See how we've reincarnated? The prophecy is true. We came back to life so we could restore peace. Yixing, we're finishing what we started," Xiumin yelled, slamming his fist onto the table and stood up. Lay exhaled deeply and sat up. "Then you can't fulfill the prophecy without me, right? Well don't worry about me not going, because I am. I need to take responsibility for my actions," Lay decided, looking at Kae In with a determined face.