Sacrifice

District Twelve

Sorry for the super short update! Just thought it would make sense to just end it like that. c:


The group ran back to the hotel and made sure that all of their belongings were packed. "Kyungsoo, are you alright?" Kai asked as Kyungsoo just rubbed his arm. "Next time, call before you plan on bringing me with you guys to the dungeon," Kyungsoo sighed as he smiled slightly, and followed the rest of the group out of the hotel. Kyungsoo didn't remember Kris or Chen at first, but for some reason, the electric shock in the dungeon shocked him into remembering his past life, which included Kris and Chen. "," Chanyeol hissed under his breath when they approached the train boarding. After they had bought their tickets to board the train to District Eight that was leaving in twenty minutes, they saw Sooman with the twelve guards. The group immediately ducked behind the big trash bins to avoid being seen. They peeked into the cracks between the bins to see what was going on. “How dare you let Kae In slip out of your grasp just like that! Don’t you realize how vital she is to my existence?!” Sooman screamed into Yoseob's face. He began punching Yoseob. He then started to use his powers to hurt him, making him suffer. Yoseob fell to his knees, panting. A crowd soon formed, onlooking the event. Sooman paced back and forth, as if he was thinking about something. He ordered everyone except Yoseob to stand in a straight line next to him. He took out his sword and pointed it straight at Yoseob. “Your presence will only stall us from our goal,” Sooman explained. Before Yoseob could utter a single word, Sooman lunged towards Yoseob, stabbing the sword straight into Yoseob's stomach.

 

Kae In clasped her hands over to keep herself from shouting as she immediately teared up. “We’re leaving,” Sooman said, beginning to walk out of the the train station. The eleven guards stood still, staring down at Yoseob. The friend they have stuck with since childhood lay dead right in front of their own eyes. Once Sooman saw the eleven guards not moving, he was enraged; “NOW!” The eleven guards looked away from Yoseob quickly as they all followed Sooman out of the train station. Once they were out of sight, Kae In ran from their hiding spot and towards Yoseob. “Oppa! You’ll be okay, let’s get you to a hospital right now,” Kae In sniffled, lifting Yoseob's upper body onto her lap. He winced in pain, which caused Kae In to cry even more. Everyone in the station was looking, and the group pushed past them to stand by Kae In's side. “No, Kae In . . I won’t make it,” Yoseob said hoarsely, fighting to keep his eyes open. “Don’t say that! No! You promised . . you promised that you would never leave my side . . don’t you remember?” Kae In cried, furiously wiping her tears from her eyes. “Kae In-ah . . you left the palace in search of the people who will help fulfill the prophecy . . you left me. I can leave you, knowing that you’ll save EXO Planet. Because of that, I cannot keep my promise,” Yoseob explained, looking up at Kae In, as he was forming tears in his eyes as well. “No! You’re not leaving me!” Kae In screamed, wiping the blood from Yoseob's face. “Jagiya, Sooman’s sword is poisoned . . the poison is spreading through me as we speak. We both know I’ll be dead within a few seconds,” Yoseob sighed, closing his eyes. That was true, and Kae In knew it. Her heart hurt even more when Yoseob called her by their pet name. It was probably the last time she would ever hear him say it.

 

She hugged Yoseob, sobbing lightly. “Jagiya . . look at me. Tell me you love me and that everything will be alright,” Yoseob sniffled. His eyes followed Kae In as her head raised up. They both knew the time had come. Yoseob was near death. "Y-You . . you love me?" Kae In gasped, breaking into more tears. Yoseob's head sightly nodded, and he smiled a small smile at her. "Kae In, please. I want to hear your voice one last time," he mumbled, struggling to keep his eyes open. Kae In took a deep breath before she leaned her head over Yoseob's so that she was centimeters away from his face. “Yang Yoseob, I love you so much. Everything will be alright, I’m here,” Kae In whispered, placing a soft kiss on his forehead. She felt him smile, but half a second later, she could feel the life drift away from him. She began crying even more as she pulled away, knowing he was no longer alive. “Kae In, we need to leave,” Chanyeol said, pulling Kae In’s arm, but she pulled back. "The train's leaving!" Kyungsoo cried, turning around to witness the train leave the station. “No!” Kae In sobbed, refusing to let go of Yoseob. The sound of shuffling feet broke the conversation, as everyone looked up to see Sooman and his eleven guards. "Get them!" Sooman yelled, pointing at the group. “Kae In, we’ll all end up like Yoseob if we stay here any longer; we can’t fulfill the prophecy without you! Hurry!” Kai exclaimed, pulling up Kae In. She sobbed harder once she left Yoseob, wanting to be back by his side again. She looked up to see eleven guards running towards them. She was about to kneel back down and hug Yoseob one more time, but at that moment Kai teleported everyone to the train's cabin.