[FINAL] Restoration

District Twelve

 

As the light faded away, Kae In uncovered her hands from her eyes and gasped at the sight. Sooman was nowhere to be found. In place of his position earlier, lay a pile of ashes. That wasn't all; the ancient book that had aided the group throughout their journey lied next to the ashes, open to a certain page. Kae In stumbled towards the book, wincing in pain as she kneeled down to pick it up. She came to discover that all the pages were blank. There weren't any pages on the kings or the prophecy. Every single page was blank except for the page that the book was open to. "The power of togetherness of the fallen will rise, and all evil will be shattered from EXO Planet once and for all. Every living being's life will change forever from this moment. It is because of the strength of togetherness did evil finally expire; love prevails all," Kae In read aloud from the scribbled text. The book suddenly closed by itself, and vanished within seconds. Sooman's ashes from the floor began to rise, swept with the slight breeze. The ashes wandered off, flowing into the bright blue sky, gradually disappearing from view. "We did it," Chanyeol sighed, wrapping his arm around Kae In. She turned towards her friends, smiles on all of their faces. There was nothing she could say that could express how relieved and happy she felt. She hugged Chanyeol, and everyone joined in on the group hug.

 

 

After everything had calmed down, Lay healed the group, and everyone helped Lay carry Sooman's eleven guards into the palace's infirmary. Lay looked extremely tired, but he wasn't going to rest until everyone was well and feeling better. Kae In and the others were in the infirmary, helping Lay take care of the eleven guards. Lay was currently examining Himchan, and everyone else was helping wipe the continuous sweat from the guards' heads. Kae In constantly dabbed an ice cold towel on Woohyun's forehead, worried that he would overheat. His skin was extremely hot, and burned to the touch. "We're not . . going to make it, Kae In," Woohyun winced, closing his eyes as he exhaled deeply. "Don't say that, Woohyun. Lay is the best doctor in EXO Planet; he'll heal you all, don't worry your little head about it, okay?" Kae In reassured, continuing to dab the towel on Woohyun's forehead. "You don't understand," Woohyun huffed, looking as if it hurt to breathe, "when we were chosen to become Sooman's guards, his reward to us was immortality, and he could control whether we lived or died. We would not age after we turned twenty. As long as he was alive, we were alive." Kae In's heart dropped. It was sort of a curse; Yoseob had told her about it when they were children. "N-No, I-" Kae In was tearing up, not able to face the fact she could be losing not one, but all her childhood friends. 

 

 

"Kae In, don't cry," T.O.P mumbled from the bed next to Woohyun's, "we all love you, just remember that." "We caused all of you pain. We betrayed you, Kae In. We had our loved ones taken away from us just to have us realize how much of a monster Sooman was. It's our time, Kae In," Joon explained, attempting to sit up. Kae In didn't want to face the truth. "Yixing! Did you find a way to cure Himchan?" Kae In yelled, turning around. Lay looked up at her with an exhausted look on his face. He sighed, rubbed his face, and shook his head. "They're right, Kae In. I can't reverse a curse if Sooman is the one that casted it. Only he can reverse it, and he's gone," Lay sighed, giving Kae In a sad look. Kae In immediately started sobbing, collapsing her forehead onto Woohyun's chest as she cried. Woohyun patted and Kae In's hair, attempting to comfort her. "Thanks for all the memories, Kae In. I really wish we'd be able to go back to when we were children," L.Joe said from across the room. Kae In raised her head up to look at L.Joe, only to cry more. "You'll do well without us. You'll make a wonderful queen, darling," Jaejoong whispered from the bed next to Woohyun. All the guards said their goodbyes the sooner they felt like they were closer to death. In that time, Kae In walked around the room, hugging everyone and kissing their foreheads. "Don't you dare forget about us, pabo," Zico chuckled lightly, flicking Kae In's forehead as she hugged him. The guards gave Kae In warm, reassuring smiles. At that moment, all the guards closed their eyes for the last time as the life drifted out of all of them.

 

 

Life after Sooman and his guard's death prospered. Everyone who had served Sooman in his palace now served Chanyeol, Kai, Kae In, and Baekhyun. The rest of the group went back to their respective districts after a week of spending time with the whole group in District Twelve; it was really hard to part from each other after so long. Reparations were made so that any memorial or statue honoring Sooman was to be torn down immediately. In replacement, a memorial was to be created in every single district in honor of Sooman's twelve guards. Districts One, Two, Three, and Four were all destroyed by Sooman when the districts attempted to revolt against him long before Kae In was even born. Now that Sooman was no longer alive, Kai suggested that the districts be repaired. If it wasn't repaired, the districts would just be a reminder of Sooman's reign; something the group wanted to rid of forever.

 

"Are you ready?" Kai turned to Kae In, giving her the most excited smile. "Can't wait," Kae In giggled, tightening her grip on his hand. Kae In and Kai walked out of the main room of the palace, hand in hand, as they witnessed the eruption of cheers coming from the crowd three flights of stairs below them. The palace doors were open, and crowds of civilians were tightly squished together, trying to fit. Today was the day all of EXO Planet was to officially celebrate the destruction of Sooman. That wasn't the only reason for celebration, however. Today was also the day Kai and Kae In can officially call each other husband and wife. Every district's king was there; standing on both sides of Kai and Kae In. Everyone joined hands, and raised them in the air. The civilians screamed and cheered out of happiness. That day, the normal way of life on EXO Planet was restored; everyone was going to be alright.

 

"The power of togetherness of the fallen will rise, and all evil will be shattered from EXO Planet once and for all. Every living being's life will change forever from this moment. It is because of the strength of togetherness did evil finally expire; love prevails all,"

 

THE END, GUYS! ))); This is the end of the road for this story! I hope you all enjoyed it! <3 A special THANK YOU to all my subscribers, and especially my commentors <3 Thank you for subscribing and supporting this story. (: As a goodbye gift to me, can you upvote this story? c:  Although this story has come to an end, this will not be the last EXO based fanfic I am going to make! I am currently planning to make fanfics about every single member of EXO; yes, that means I will make twelve fanfics based on every member of EXO! So if you want, you can friend me, and I'll have updates on the upcoming fanfics. ^ ^ I have already made three of the twelve planned fanfics, and they are InterferenceFaking Royalty, and Take Care of Me. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could support me in these stories as you supported District Twelve. c: Well, this is goodbye! ; -; unless you subscribed to my other EXO fanfics, then, see you soon LOL.

Love always,