They Know

District Twelve

 

"GET. UP. NOW!"

 

Chanyeol's angry voice startled the sleeping pair, and the two immediately flinched and sat up in bed. Kae In squinted her eyes open while yawning and stretching, as Kris did the same. Kae In turned her head towards Kris sleepily, and she frowned at him. She huffed as she stood up and stormed into the restroom to brush her teeth. "Kris, how could you do that to my baby sister?!" Chanyeol screamed, putting his hands on his hips. "I was cold . ." Kris mumbled, rubbing his eyes. Kae In rolled her eyes as she listened to Chanyeol lecturing Kris. "Isn't Kris older than Oppa?" Kae In thought to herself. After Kae In had walked back into the room, it seemed as if Chanyeol was done yelling, but he didn't look too happy. "Yah, Oppa, he didn't do anything to me, so don't be mad at him," Kae In said, hugging Chanyeol's arm. Chanyeol sighed, patting Kae In's head. "Is everything okay? We could hear Chanyeol yelling through the walls," Kai's voice was heard from the other side of the door, following with a knock. Kris walked over to the door and opened it, seeing Kai and Baekhyun on the other side. "Kris! Are you alright?" Kai asked, immediately walking into the room with Baekhyun.

 

It turned out that Kris had no idea who Baekhyun, Kai, and Chanyeol were until he woke up that morning. He explained that he had countless dreams of Kae In, mostly about spending time with her. Once he was told about the prophecy and was shown the book, he didn't hesitate to join the group on their journey. After all, he didn't really have anywhere to go. The group checked out of the hotel after they ate breakfast, and quickly made their way to the train station once they found out the next train heading to District Ten was leaving in about fifteen minutes. "Kae In! Kris! Hurry! The train's leaving!" Baekhyun called as he hurried into the train with Kai and Chanyeol. The train station was crowded, which caused the group to separate. Kae In and Kris were trying to run past the crowd without pushing anyone, which slowed them down. "Yah! The train's leaving!" Kae In cried as she pointed at the moving train. Kris suddenly grabbed Kae In's hand and began running towards the moving train. "Kae In, we both jump onto the ledge of the train once it comes, alright?" Kris instructed, pointing at the back of the train. "What?!" Kae In said in disbelief, looking up at Kris. "You have to trust me," Kris said, looking back at her. Kae In just said nothing and took a deep breath as the train was coming towards them, and fast. Kris and Kae In jumped, and landed on the ledge, almost falling. Kae In and Kris sighed a sigh of relief as they leaned onto the rail. "Okay, let's go find the rest of the group now," Kris panted, opening the door leading inside the cabin.

 

"You guys made it!" Kai exclaimed happily once he saw Kris and Kae In walk towards their table. "Like barely," Kae In sighed, sitting down next to Chanyeol. Kris sat down next to Kai and asked, "So who are we looking for at District Ten?" Kae In took the book out of her backpack and opened it, setting it down on the table for everyone to look at. "Hmm," Kae In furrowed her eyebrows as she flipped through the pages, "Chen!" Smiles arose amongst all the boys, and Kae In just looked at all of them curiously. "How is he like?" Kae In asked, cocking her head to one side. "He's very optimistic about things. He sees the bright side of every situation, and is really hard headed; he never gives up," Baekhyun explained, nodding at the end of his sentence. "He's also very lazy, though. He's a huge procrastinator," Kris added, chuckling. The ride to District Ten was about thirty minutes, which was too much time for Kai, who was easily bored. Baekhyun and Kai ended up falling asleep. Chanyeol and Kris were conversating, and Kae In was slowly attempting to fall asleep as well. She suddenly woke up when water spilled all over her skirt. "Yah, Chanyeol, be careful!" Kris sighed, rolling his eyes at Chanyeol's clumsiness. "Aiya, mianhae Kae In," Chanyeol sighed, setting the cup of water upright and looked down at Kae In to see how much water he spilled. "It's okay! It’ll get dry later. I'll just head to the restroom to go get some paper towels," Kae In chuckled, pinching Chanyeol's cheek before she stood up to find the restroom. It took her a good five minutes to find the restroom, and was frustrated at the fact that it was difficult to find the restroom in such a small area. Once she grabbed enough paper towels, she headed back to where the group was, but someone stopped her. "Excuse me," Kae In chuckled nervously as she tried to make her way past the man in front of her, but he stepped to the side to block her. "You're not going anywhere," the man said, looking down at her.

 

Kae In looked up to see who the voice belonged to, and it was none other than Himchan. He was one of twelve of King Sooman's top guards, and basically had the power of second in command after the king. "L-Lord Kim, what are you doing here?" Kae In asked, and couldn't help but stutter. She gulped, daring to look right at him. "Where have you been? The King has been looking for you . . aiya, you naughty little child. How dare you escape from the Royal Palace with the hope of fulfilling the prophecy . . I won't let that happen," he whispered, grazing his finger from the bottom of Kae In's neck to her chin. Kae In shivered, and looked away from Himchan. Before Himchan could do what he planned to do, Kae In heard a loud thud, and opened her eyes. Himchan was lying on the floor, and Kris was right next to her. "I can see why you took so long," Kris said, "let's get out of here." He shook Kae In's shoulder, snapping her back into reality, as they made their way back to the group. "Kae In, are you alright? You took an awful long time," Chanyeol asked, looking up at Kae In. "They're after us," Kae In whispered with a look of horror on her face, "Oppa, they're after us."