Cooperative Lightning

District Twelve

By then, Kai and Baekhyun had awoken, and were curious as to what Kae In was talking about. Kae In seemed to be really scared and worried, which worried everyone else. Kae In forced herself to calm down in order to tell the boys what was up. "When I came out of the bathroom, Himchan came up to me . . and told me he would do everything in his power to stop me from fulfilling the prophecy," Kae In said, hugging her arms. "Who's this Himchan?" Kris asked, raising an eyebrow. "He's one of King Sooman's top twelve guards. They go everywhere with him, and they're the most powerful warriors under his power. They're dedicated to serving the king, and I'm assuming they know about the prophecy and are coming after us," Kae In explained, a look of worry displayed on her face, "If this train doesn't stop soon, Himchan will come looking for us after he regains consciousness."

 

Luckily, Himchan was nowhere in sight for the rest of the ride to District Ten. The group quickly made their way out of the train and away from sight. "It's chilly . . anyone have an umbrella? I don't have many change of clothes to afford getting wet," Kai asked. Upon the arrival at District Ten, the group noticed that it was really cold, and it was raining really hard. Kae In shared her umbrella with Kai while Kris, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol attempted to share one umbrella. They decided to check into a hotel to discuss about their plans, since most stores didn't seem to be open. "Next time we go outside, I'm holding the umbrella. Chanyeol keeps letting the rain hit me," Baekhyun growled, shaking his head in an attempt to dry his hair. "Okay, where's Chen? Let's find him as soon as possible. It doesn't seem like the rain will clear up anytime soon," Chanyeol asked, shaking the umbrella over the bathtub in order to get all the water droplets off. "Hmm, let's see . ." Kae In mumbled, flipping through the book to find Chen's page. "It says he's 1953 steps away. From the looks of the map, it looks like he's in an open field," Kae In explained, looking up from the book. "Well, let's get moving and get this over with," Chanyeol said as he stood up, causing everyone to sigh.

 

"Boy when I get my hands on Jongdae . ." Kris growled under his breath. The group had been walking for a long time now, and they didn't even see a field in sight. "There!" Kae In exclaimed, pointing. Wooden fences surrounded the modern city, and they were close to the edge of the city. On the other side of the fence was pure grassland, trees, and wildlife. In the distance, there was a huge, dark cloud that shot lightning onto the grass. "We're gonna have to go towards the lightning, guys," Kae In gulped, following Chanyeol and Baekhyun outside the city. Once Kae In indicated they were about ten steps away from Chen, they were literally less than a few feet away from the deathly lightning. "J-Jongdae?" Kae In peeped, looking up at the dark cloud. "Who dares to disturb the almighty Kim Jongdae?" a booming voice answered from the sky. "Jongdae, quit it with the jokes. We got important business to take care of, and you're a part of it," Kris yelled. There was a slight silence before Chen answered, "Kris, is that you?" "Yes, it's me." A loud sigh could be heard from the sky, and the rain and lightning suddenly stopped. The clouds drifted away, making the sky clear. "What is it that you need, Wu Yifan?" Chen cleared his throat to establish his presence, which was behind the group.

 

The group took Chen back to their hotel room in order to explain to him as to why they needed him to join the group on their journey to fulfill the prophecy. Chen didn't remember any of the boys except for Kris, but he was well aware of the prophecy. "The prophecy was told to me during my childhood; it was one of those stories that had been passed down from generation to generation," Chen explained, fully remembering the prophecy, "I never thought it would be true, and I sure as hell didn't think I would be a part of it." "Well you kinda are, so you have to join us if you want to overthrow Sooman," Kris said sternly. "Sure, why not. Travelling with you all should be more fun than creating rain and lightning everyday," Chen chuckled, nodding his head.

 

After Kris had introduced Chen to everyone, they immediately checked out of the hotel and headed towards the train station. It was only in the afternoon, and they were sure they could get to Kyungsoo and Suho, who were in District Nine, before the day was over. When they walked towards the train that was about to leave for District Nine in five minutes, they noticed six boys dressed in guard uniform. "," Kae In mumbled under her breath, "Guys, get ready to put up a bit of a fuss; these guys are not easy to get through."