Light and Fire

District Twelve

Kae In changed out of her maid uniform, and changed into a beige blouse and ankle-length skirt along with a brown hooded cloak. Stepping out of her room, she didn't know where to start looking. She figured the book would help, so she flipped the book to the page about Baekhyun, and looked at the second picture. There were two dots this time, and Kae In assumed one of them was her. She walked to the right, and one of the dots moved in the direction she was moving in. The other dot, which she assumed was Baekhyun, was still in the same place the first time she saw it. Kae In just kept walking, following the map towards the still dot. The closer she got to the dot, the more the number below the picture decreased. "That must be the number of steps I'm away from him," Kae In mumbled to herself, nodding. She realized that about ten steps away from her was the palace dungeon. She looked back down on the map and realized Baekhyun was a prisoner in the dungeon. "What business do you have being here?" a well built guard asked, giving Kae In a stern look. "Ah, master asked me to take Byun Baekhyun to the basement. He knows something that master needs to know," Kae In explained, hiding her arms underneath her cloak. "You won't lose him?" the guard questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Master said I'm allowed to use my powers if he gets out of hand. I'm sure I'm fine," Kae In nodded, smiling slightly at the guard. The guard just gave her a look as he placed the keys onto her open hand and held the door wide open for her. Kae In took a deep breath before entering and walking up the countless number of stairs.

 

Kae In kept an eye on the book as she continued walking. It was hard to read anything from the book, as the only light source came from the lit torches hanging along the walls. As Kae In stepped onto a long and dark hallway, she could hear noises from some of the cells. "What's a beautiful creature like you doing up here?" a terrifying whisper echoed throughout the hall. Kae In shivered, but moved on, her eyes glued to the book. As the picture showed that she was at Baekhyun's cell, she peered into the cell. "H-Hello? Anyone there?" Kae In asked, clinging onto the book tightly. Silence. "Byun Baekhyun? I'm Kae In . . you need to come with me," she said once more into the cell, hoping for some kind of sign that he was there. Silence once more. Sighing, Kae In looked down at the book. Maybe she was at the wrong cell? Nothing on that page moved except for one dot and the numbers. Five, four, three, two - "What are you doing here?" a low voice asked.

 

Kae In squealed, falling onto the floor from the jumpscare. She looked up at the cell to see that a man was standing right behind the bars, chuckling at Kae In's reaction. She grabbed the book, dusted off her skirt, and walked closer to the cell. "I, uh . ." Kae In mumbled, not knowing what to say. "I don't bite, hun, speak up. Even if I did, these cell bars separate you and me. Nothing to worry about, right?" Baekhyun replied calmly, looking straight into Kae In's eyes. "Um . . here," Kae In said, holding up the book to Baekhyun, showing him the page of the prophecy. "Aish, there's barely any light in here . ." Baekhyun sighed, clicking his tongue. He held his right hand in front of the book, and a small but bright light emitted from it. As soon as he finished reading, he put his hand down and looked at Kae In. "You should know, all twelve of us are reincarnated," Baekhyun said, leaning onto the cell. "R-Reincarnated? That means you're . ." Kae In asked, a questioning look on her face. All Baekhyun did was nod. "I'm Byun Baekhyun in another body . . or in my former one, I'd say. I look exactly how I looked when I was twenty back then," Baekhyun explained, "I'm afraid not all twelve of us will remember, though. I'm guessing if we trigger a memory of that time era, they'll remember all of it." Kae In nodded, taking Baekhyun's explanation into consideration. "Look this is a nice place and all, but we can talk more once I get you out of here," Kae In laughed, taking out the keys the guard gave her, and sticking the key into the lock. Baekhyun slid out of the cell as soon as it opened. "Let me know if he gives you any trouble, sweet pea," the guard called out to Kae In after she and Baekhyun walked past him. He winked at her, causing Kae In to giggle. "Will do, handsome~" Kae In chimed, waving at the guard. "You seriously think he's good looking?" Baekhyun asked with disgust, making a face at Kae In. "Hey, I had to get you out of there somehow, right?" Kae In laughed, sticking her tongue out playfully.

 

After Kae In fixed up Baekhyun by forcing him to shower, giving him a complete outfit consisting of the king's clothes, and giving him a full meal to eat, they narrowly escaped outside the palace walls without getting caught. "Okay so I'm looking for Chanyeol next. He's here in District Twelve," Kae In explained, walking through town while following the map on the book. "Ah, Chanyeol . . he was my best friend. He's your brother, right?" Baekhyun sighed, looking at Kae In. "Neh, how did you know?" Kae In wondered how Baekhyun could have figured that out. "You have his eyes," Baekhyun smiled up at Kae In. For some reason, that made her blush, so she just ignored Baekhyun and hid her face in the book. "How long were you locked up in there?" Kae In asked once she stopped feeling hot. "Ten years," Baekhyun replied without looking at Kae In. Kae In gasped, "That's a long time, Baekhyun-sshi! I'm surprised you didn't go insane from being in there so long." "My parents told me someone would eventually come and save me, no matter how much I didn't think it would happen. Soo Man is looking for all twelve of us. He wanted to ensure that you wouldn't be able to find us and bring him down," Kae In listened to Baekhyun's explanation intently, and before she could comment, she saw a familiar figure from the window of a tool shop. "Oppa, is that Chanyeol?" Kae In cried, running over to the window. Baekhyun only took one look at the figure, and nodded. As soon as Kae In got the green light from Baekhyun, she ran into the store, with Baekhyun right behind her hesitantly.

 

"Hi! How may I help you?" Chanyeol asked, turning away from his unfinished work. "U-Um, Chanyeol Oppa, it's me! Do you remember me? O-Or Baekhyun?" Kae In went straight to the questions. She was in front of the only family she had left; she couldn't explain how that felt. Chanyeol stared at the two and shook his head. "Anieyo, I'm sorry . ." Chanyeol replied. He was about to continue his sentence, but stopped when he looked right at Kae In. "You have Umma's eyes," Chanyeol whispered, putting his hands on the counter to steady himself. He shook his head and looked back at her as if to see if he was dreaming. "K-Kae In-ah?" Chanyeol stuttered, looking as if he was holding back something. Kae In nodded, smiling a small smile. She was startled when Chanyeol immediately jumped over the counter and embraced Kae In in a tight hug. "I thought I'd never see you again."

 

Updated! (: I've gained subs quickly; it must be cause the story is interesting, right? Ahaha, I wish . . but I wouldn't know since none of you comment. :c /sad life/ PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment! I do this because I want to, and the only benefit I get are comments. So, more comments = better updates. c: I really like this story. I MIGHT stop updating often because I mean how am I supposed to know if my readers like my story or not. D: Or, what I can do to make the story better, you know? I always read and appreciate comments; always! So please comment. ; u; Oh and, if you could just click the little arrow next to the story title, you'd make my day. So please do it? c":

Love always,