The Prophecy

District Twelve

Kae In sighed after she had finished cleaning the king's room. Why did he have to be so unorganized? He'd turn his whole closet inside out just to pick an outfit, leaving all the unworn clothes lying all around the room. And for what reason did he have to go through all of that just to pick an outfit? He never even left the palace! As the king's personal maid, all Kae In had to do was take care of the king's personal requests, which were mostly cleaning. She usually cleaned his room in the morning, had breakfast, and then wander around the district before coming back to the palace for lunch. Kae In had lost her appetite while cleaning the king's room, so she decided to hang around in the library and read a few books to stir up her appetite again. The library was strictly off limits to everyone working in the palace for reasons unknown, but Kae In was allowed in the library since she didn't really have anything to do most of her days. As she walked into the library, she noticed a huge, unorganized stack of books on a desk. Sometimes King Soo Man spent hours in the library reading books, and never bothers to put away any of the books he reads. Kae In picked up an open book from the center of the desk and flipped to the first page.

 

The book seemed to be as old as time itself, as the pages were turning brown and was losing its sharpness. The book had been through a lot, considering the cover had many scratches and peels all over it. As Kae In began reading, she learned that the book told a story of twelve kings who ruled EXO Planet at the beginning of time. A deathly powerful warrior by the name of Soo Man was locked away, for fear of his mighty power, and had escaped the lair he was locked in. He killed all twelve kings as revenge for sealing him away from society, which then lead to declaring himself as the only king of EXO Planet. As the story ended on the fourth page, Kae In looked onto the fifth page, which had 'THE PROPHECY' written as its heading. "The first born sixth generation daughter of the family of Park Chanyeol is to gather all twelve descendant sons from each family of the fallen kings. Once she has completed that task, they will band together to destroy Soo Man. Only then will the thrones be handed down to the descendants, and peace will be restored onto EXO Planet," Kae In mumbled aloud, frowning slightly. "Sixth generation . ." Kae In murmured to herself. She set the book down on the desk to her right and stood up to find the Book of Ancestries, where it displayed the family tree of everyone in District Twelve. Kae In coughed from the mass amount of dust that flew out from the book when she opened it, and quickly flipped through the dusty pages to find Park Chanyeol. As soon as she found the page she was looking for, she counted down six rows and widened her eyes. "M-Me?" Kae In gasped, staring right at her picture on the family tree. With that thought still sinking in, she noticed a picture of a man, who looked exactly like District Twelve's former king Park Chanyeol, that was right next to her picture. "W-Wait . ." Kae In said aloud to herself, frowning. "That means . . he's my brother?" Kae In whispered, widening her eyes. Why was this shocking, you may ask? Kae In lived with her parents until she was five, and was brought into the king's palace after Soo Man had killed her parents. Throughout the years she was raised by her parents, she never remembered having a brother.

 

Kae In heard footsteps coming from the hallway, so she quickly closed the book and ran back to her seat. She hid the old book behind her back, grabbed a random book from the desk on her left, and flipped to the first page. As soon as she laid her eyes on the page, the king walked into the room. "I thought I'd find you here," Soo Man laughed, leaning against the door to look at Kae In. "Ah, master, I'm sorry; did you need anything?" Kae In chuckled nervously, setting the book on her lap. "No no, I just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out soon to District Eleven to see if Kyuhyun is running everything right," Soo Man explained, "and while I'm gone, I'd like you to keep an eye on everyone. Books have gone missing in this library, and they are important to my knowledge. Besides that, you are free of your duties for the rest of this day." "Yes master, I understand. Thank you for clearing my schedule today," Kae In nodded, smiling slightly at the king. Before the king could say any more, a servant had called for him, saying that his limousine was ready to take him to District Eleven. Soo Man excused himself and bade farewell before leaving, closing the door behind him.

 

As soon as the door closed, Kae In threw the book that was in her lap onto the desk it was on before, and grabbed the book from behind her to continue where she left off. On the sixth page, there was a picture of a man with a kind face smiling at Kae In. "Park Chanyeol . ." Kae In read the man's name aloud. She discovered that the next few pages were of each District's former king, starting from the twelfth District. Each page of the kings had a biography, and a map below the article to identify which District the king ruled. What caught Kae In's attention the most were two things: one, the picture below the map. It was the exact same picture as the one above, only there was a dot on the picture; and the dot was moving, as if it indicated someone's movements. And two, there was a number written below the second picture, some numbers being larger than others. The numbers were also moving, sometimes increasing, and sometimes decreasing. "What is that supposed to mean?" Kae In sighed, scratching the back of her head. "Well I guess I'm supposed to find them, according to this book . . let me see who's the closest to me right now," Kae In flipped through the pages, and discovered that Byun Baekhyun, Kim Jongin, and Park Chanyeol were currently in District Twelve. What surprised Kae In the most, however, was that Baekhyun was located right inside the king's palace.

 

Annyeong! Surprised that there's been so many updates on this story recently, huh? Kekeke. I don't know, I really like this story, and for some reason I have more inspiration to write five chapters for this fanfic instead of writing my essay that is due tomorrow . . u ____ u ; ; Two out of the five chapters are already published, and I have three chapters that aren't published, but will publish later in the future! Since I have three chapters I haven't published, I will publish one chapter per day until I have no more hidden chapters to publish. c: Sound like a good plan? Well then, look forward to the next few days for the next three updates! ^ ^ ~ <3

Love always,