Gambling with Chance

District Twelve

"This . . is . ." Kae In gasped once they all stepped inside the casino. "Does the king's palace look as nice as this?" Kyungsoo asked, his eyes widened as he looked around, marvelling at the beautiful casino. "Hell no," Kae In answered, copying Kyungsoo. "Alright, show's over. We gotta find Luhan." Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of their faces, and they instantly paid attention to him. "We'll have to walk around a while until we find him. When we find him, then we decide what we'll do," Baekhyun explained, and everyone nodded. Suho was in the lead while everyone followed him. "Let's check there," Chen suggested, pointing to a crowded poker table. A crowd of people were surrounding the table, watching the game. Baekhyun, Lay, Chanyeol, Suho, and Kyungsoo stood behind the crowd while Kai, Kris, Chen, Xiumin, and Kae In walked towards the other side of the table to see who was playing the game. "That's definitely Luhan," Xiumin mumbled into Kae In's ear, as she looked at him and nodded. Xiumin nodded his head towards the person in the very center. He looked very innocent, not to mention he also looked too young to even be legal to be playing poker. Luhan suddenly looked up, catching Kae In's stare. Kae In silently gasped and looked away, making her way back to the others. A roar rose among the group, and then chatter. "That Luhan does it again - how is he so good at these games? Doesn't he ever lose?" a man chuckled, shaking his head. 

 

Luhan had stopped playing five minutes later, saying that he didn't want to steal any more money from everyone else than he already was. Two girls linked arms with him as he walked away, but the group followed him. Not only two minutes of following him, Luhan had seemed to notice he was being followed; despite the fact that he had never turned around. Luhan stopped walking, and the group moved to the side just in case he was looking for them. He let go of the girls, said something to them, and they walked off. Luhan smoothed out his blazer before he turned around. He didn't seem too shocked that the group wasn't there. Instead, he turned to his right, and made direct eye contact with Kae In. "Can I help you?" he asked, putting on a playful smirk.

 

The group decided to eat dinner at a buffet Luhan recommended so that they could explain matters more privately. "Luhan, how have you been? I haven't seen you since you moved here," Suho asked, pushing his plate away. Him and Kae In were the first ones to finish eating, while everyone else was off getting seconds. "I'm great, Suho. Of course, I've made tons of money just by playing games here," Luhan chuckled, stuffing a spoonful of soup into his mouth, "how did all of you make it here? And why? Is something wrong?" A concerned look was now displayed on Luhan's face. "Well . . we need your help, Luhan-" Suho began explaining, but Luhan interrupted him, "Is it the prophecy?" Kae In and Suho looked at each other, and then back at Luhan. "Suho, with my powers, do you really expect me to forget everything from my past life?" Luhan chuckled, shaking his head before going back to eating. "Don't get all cocky now," Suho rolled his eyes, "but yes, Luhan. We need your help. Pack up whatever you need and come with us. We need to find everyone else; we're almost there." Luhan chewed his food while thinking deeply. "Of course I'll  join you. Why is this girl with you though?" Luhan nodded, but then looked at Kae In. "Oh, this is Kae In. She's the one that's supposed to gather all of us. It's because of her that we've banded together. She's Chanyeol's little sister," Suho explained. Luhan nodded, understanding Kae In's position. "Well, count me in. I haven't used my powers since someone tried to rob me, and I need a little practice. I also haven't had much company since I left District Ten," Luhan smiled at both Kae In and Suho. "Company? Who were those two girls that were all over you?" Suho quirked, raising an eyebrow. Luhan didn't say anything, but it looked like he was trying to hide a smirk as he looked down at his food and continued eating. Suho and Kae In just looked at each other and laughed.

 

The next morning, Kae In woke up before everyone else, as usual. Luhan had given them his word by volunteering himself to join them in their journey. He was to meet them at the train station at 11:00 AM. Kae In stretched her arms and yawned, looking around the room. Kris was fast asleep in the bed next to hers, however she didn't see Kai, who was supposed to be sleeping on the couch. She stood up to check if he was in the bathroom, but the lights weren't even on. "Kai?" Kae In chirped, looking around the room. "Hm?" a voice called from the window. She turned around to see a lounge chair, with its back facing her, facing the window. She walked over to the chair and saw Kai sitting there and looking out the window. "Nice view, huh?" Kae In sighed, looking out the window. "Yeah," Kai sighed, smiling lightly, "Kae In, do you remember when I told you I wanted to find the girl in my dreams?" Kae In looked at Kai and nodded. "I finally saw her face in my dream last night. But . . I saw that she was in love with someone else," Kai sighed without looking away from the window. Kae In felt saddened. Kai had had dreams of this so called girl for years, only to find out that his dream girl had fallen in love with someone else. It was just a dream, but it still hurt Kai. "Oh, Kai . ." Kae In sighed, sitting on top of his lap and hugged him. "It's okay," Kae In said, patting his head. Kai widened his eyes, but ended up hugging her back.

 

Luhan had arrived at the train station the same time as the group did, which surprised them. "Hey, great timing!" Chen chuckled, waving at Luhan. "Actually, I knew when you were leaving, so I left my apartment the same time you left the hotel," Luhan chuckled, smiling at everyone. "Luhan has the power of telepathy. You know, move things with his mind and can read other people's minds and stuff," Xiumin whispered to Kae In, and she nodded her head and formed into the shape of an 'o'. As they boarded the train towards District Six, Luhan insisted he sit with Kae In to know more about her, since he remembered everyone else. Kai sat next to Kris across from Luhan and Kae In, and everyone else made sure to sit close to each other just in case. "Kae In, I know this is a personal question, but do you like Kris?" Luhan asked curiously. "Um," Kae In mumbled, growing red, "of course I do. I like everyone." Luhan gave her a look. "I mean, have feelings for him," Luhan chuckled, raising an eyebrow. Kae In looked at Kai, who was dead asleep, and looked back at Luhan. "Kinda . ." she mumbled, rubbing the back of her neck nervously as she turned a bit red. Luhan chuckled to himself as he looked away from her. "He has feelings for you, Kae In. I know that for a fact. He's had dreams everyday about you, doing all this lovey-dovey stuff with you," Luhan explained while looking at the book Kae In had given to him earlier. "How would you-" Kae In was about to ask how Luhan had known about Kris's dreams, but then she remembered Luhan's power. Luhan chuckled at Kae In, "Yeah. And, the girl Kai dreamed about? Kae In, that was you," Luhan said, turning his head towards her. Kae In widened her eyes and dropped her jaw. "M-Me?" Kae In stuttered, looking at Kai. It all made sense now.

 

"What have you two troublemakers been talking about while I was gone?" Kris chuckled, taking his seat next to Kai. "Nah, nothing much. Just about the prophecy," Luhan lied, smiling at Kae In. "Switch seats with me, Kris; I want to draw on Kai's face," Luhan smirked, as Kris agreed without hesitation. Hours went by, and they still hadn't arrived at District Six. Everyone had been notified that extremely strong winds were preventing the train from going any faster. Kae In had fallen asleep in Kris's arms, and he was leaning on the window. Luhan smiled at the cute couple while Kai was glaring out the window. "You okay, Kai?" Luhan asked, raising an eyebrow at Kai. Luhan just received a mumbled "I'm fine", as he shrugged his shoulders and sighed. 

 


 

Merry KRISmas, my wonderful subscribers! <3 My gift to you all is this update; not much, I know, but it's the least I can do. c: How is your Christmas? Mines is great! ^ ______ ^ A long break from school is just what I need. xD Can you guess who they're going to meet in District Six? I gave a HUGE hint in the last paragraph sooo. If you didn't catch it, go reread it. LOL. Or you could wait for the next update. c: Anyway, starting today, every comment I get on an update will get replied to from me in the next update. I feel like I'm ignoring you guys, so yeah. :c I'll start from this month's comments. ^ ^ ~ AHer-KpopLoverhtetloveexo, and BriteStar: thank you so much for liking my story! I really appreciate your support! c: foreverachild: LOL chapter five's title is probably the best title in this story. c: a surfing suho is the best kind. ;D in my perspective, a y suho is the best kind of suho poor yoseob literally sacrificed himself though. ; ~ ; xiumin's just like a hyperactive winter bunny. LOL. exoticexothe12: LOL glad I could provide a good image for yah. c; amelloo13; does this update work for you? ^ ^ dzgiirl96: thank you for taking an interest in this story! <3 LOL Luhan has too much swag. (/faints)

That's it for this update! Await for the next chapter! ~

Love always,