Loosen Up a Little

District Twelve

"Kae In, it's been a while since we last spent time together . . we miss you," Woohyun, one of the boys in uniform, said to Kae In. Kae In, who was clearly scared, took a step forward. "I . . I won't let you get in my way!" Kae In stuttered, raising her head in confidence. The six boys laughed, and walked towards the group. "I'm afraid we can't do that, my dear," Nichkhun, one of the other boys, smirked. Before any of the other boys could say anything, Kris's dragon was summoned. "Guys, move! Get to the train! I'll catch up with you later!" Kris shouted, gesturing everyone to run. The group began running towards the train, but Woohyun shot a dark aura ball towards them. Chanyeol stopped it by shooting fire from his hands, and Baekhyun distracted the group of guards with his blinding light. The rest of the group successfully got onto the train, and it was just starting to move. They all went onto the outside of the train to see what was going on. "Kris! Hurry!" Kae In called. Kris was running towards the train, looking as if he was going to pass out any minute. "Kris, you can do it! Hurry!" Chen called, leaning onto the railing. He jumped, grabbing Kae In and Chen's hands for support. Kae In turned her head back to the guards, who were quite far away. She squinted, seeing a familiar face, "Yoseob?" she whispered, widening her eyes. She then saw a dark mist forming in Woohyun's hands, and she knew he was about to strike again. "Inside! Guys, inside the cabin now!" she cried, ing the door open as she and the rest of the group followed her. Chen closed the door in time for it to shield Woohyun's attack.

 

Kae In and Kris took the seats behind Chen, Kai, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. Kris immediately knocked out, clearly tired from the fight. Kae In let him lean against her so that he could rest more comfortably. "Kae In, are you okay? You look like you're thinking about something," Chanyeol asked from in front of Kae In. "Um, yeah. I just saw my childhood friend. He was one of the guards," Kae In said softly, nodding. Yang Yoseob. She remembered playing with him when they were children. He was the only person around her age that worked in the palace, besides the other guards. She didn't know he would become one of them. The other guards were friends with her before, but now that they were aware of Kae In's intentions to take down the king, they didn't seem so friendly anymore. The siblings chatted for a bit until Chanyeol decided to take a nap. Kae In sighed and just stared out the window, watching the scenery change in front of her eyes. The gloomy and grey sky was replaced with numorous white clouds and the sky turned to a light blue. It was sunny, and the weather seemed to be perfect. There was a lot of fertile land, and the train passed a couple of farms. Kae In looked in front of her to see that all of the boys had fallen asleep. She really needed to teach them to be more alert.

 

Once the group arrived at District Nine, they immediately felt better than they did in District Ten. "The weather is perfect," Chen sighed, stretching his arms. "There are thousands of vacation homes here . . we should book a room in a hotel and go to that beach we passed on the way here," Kai suggested, smiling up at the sky. "Are you serious? We have a prophecy we gotta fulfill. Plus, the guards are probably on the way here to catch us!" Kris scoffed, shaking his head. "Oh come on, Oppa! None of us have been here before, so we should have some fun. Plus, it'll relieve us all of stress from this oh-so-serious journey," Kae In explained, shaking Kris's arm. "Well . . if you say so. You'll probably go have fun if I said no anyway," Kris sighed, rolling his eyes. In order to cut on spending so much money, they only booked one room; one room for six people that would soon become eight once they find Suho and Kyungsoo. "We have a view of the beach from here!" Kae In exclaimed as she stepped onto the balcony. Everyone except for Kris rushed out onto the balcony and became excited. Kris was still adjusting to being around a group of people, since he hadn't been around this many people since he was a child. "Kris? Hello? Earth to Kris! We're heading to the beach soon, so get changed and let's go!" Kae In waved her hand in front of Kris, snapping him out of his thoughts as he stood up to see what he had that was appropriate to wear to the beach.

 

The beach was surprisingly not that crowded. The sun was shining brightly, and the ocean was clear to the point you could see to the very bottom. "Yah, Baekhyun! That wasn't funny!" Chanyeol yelled at Baekhyun when he splashed water at him. Baekhyun just snickered as he and Chen teamed up to splash Chanyeol. Chen began warming up to the rest of the boys along the journey, which differed from when he was quiet the first time he met them. It seemed that the more he spent time with them, the more he seemed to remember them. "Come on, Oppa, let's go! Sitting here and being an old fart isn't gonna get you anything!" Kae In whined, standing in front of Kris. Kris was sitting down on a blanket, holding up his hand to shield his eyes from the sun. "I'd rather not," Kris said, gesturing Kae In to go join the others. "Kris, it's hot! why are you wearing a dress shirt and khakis?" Kae In laughed, raising an eyebrow. The other boys left their shirts on the blanket and were just wearing shorts. Kae In was the only fully covered, since she was wearing a tank top and shorts. "Don't tell me what I can't wear!" Kris scoffed, shaking his head. "Yah, how dare you talk to me that way!" Kae In yelled, stomping her foot onto the sand. "I'll show you who's the almighty one around here," Kris mumbled, standing up. "Uh oh!" Kae In giggled, running away from Kris and towards the water. He wouldn't run after her; he didn't want to go in the water in the first place. When she turned around, however, the joke was on her. Kris came running after her and tackled her into the water.

After Chanyeol lectured Kris on not treating Kae In so roughly, they continued messing around. One by one, everyone walked back up to their spot on the blanket to rest. Kae In was the first one there, so she was dry until the boys came along. Kai was tired, and lied down on the blanket with his head on Kae In's lap. Kris and Chen were the last to join them. Kris sat down next to Kae In, but not before he took off his dress shirt. He threw it on Kai's face, causing Kai to throw it back at him. Kae In's eyes trailed downwards towards Kris's chest, and blushed at the sight. Unfortunately, Kris had caught her red handed. "Like what you see?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Yah, don't flatter yourself!" Kae In huffed, punching Kris's arm. She placed her hat down on Kai's head to shield him from the sun while he took a nap. Kris rested his head on Kae In's shoulder as she sighed and patted his head. Baekhyun, Chen, and Chanyeol were chowing down on some snacks while Kris and Kai drifted off to sleep with Kae In as their pillow. It was quiet and peaceful for a few minutes, until a crowd of people formed at the water's edge to watch some surfer. "What's going on?" Kae In asked, squinting to see if she could make out who the surfer was. "I can't see; he's moving too fast," Chen answered, moving his head left and right as he followed the surfer's movements. "Wait a minute . . is that . . ?" Baekhyun whispered to himself. "Suho!" Chanyeol exclaimed, jumping up as he ran towards the water.

Annyeong! Surprised that there's been so many updates on this story recently, huh? Kekeke. I don't know, I really like this story, and for some reason I have more inspiration to write five chapters for this fanfic instead of writing my essay that is due tomorrow . . u ____ u ; ; Three out of the five chapters are already published, and I have two chapters that aren't published, but will publish later in the future! Since I have two chapters I haven't published, I will publish one chapter per day until I have no more hidden chapters to publish. c: Sound like a good plan? Well then, look forward to the next few days for the next two updates! ^ ^ ~ 

Love always,