Bloodshed

District Twelve

Kae In was surprised to see that everyone was awake before she was. The boys would be able to sleep through weeks, but apparently not today. "Good morning sunshine!" Chanyeol called from his seat. Everyone was in the cafeteria, eating pancakes that were assumed to be made by Lay. "Good morning Oppa!" Kae In replied, giggling, as she took a seat next to her brother. "Did you see Kris on your way here? We haven't seen him all morning," Lay called from the kitchen. Kae In furrowed her eyebrows. She checked all the rooms that the boys were staying at before she came over to the cafeteria, and was sure that she hadn't seen Kris. "No . . but I'll go look for him while you're cooking," Kae In decided, standing up to go look for Kris. She looked all over the hospital, but couldn't find him anywhere. "Hmm, if I were Kris, where would I be . . ?" Kae In asked herself, crossing her arms over her chest as she took a minute to think about it. She went to the main entrance and poked her head out the door. Her assumption was right; Kris was outside.

 

Kae In put on a couple of coats before stepping outside. Kris was sitting on a bench, smiling up at the sky. "Couldn't take being indoors?" Kae In laughed, sitting next to Kris on the bench. "You caught on," Kris laughed, nodding his head. "You know, it's not as bad when there aren't any snowstorms," Kae In chuckled to herself, looking at the scenery before her. "Definitely," Kris said, laughing along with Kae In. Kris watched Kae In walk over to the middle of the pathway, and kneeling down to feel the snow. He exhaled and leaned his head back, enjoying the cold; well, until he felt something icy, but soft, hit his face. "What the . ." Kris mumbled to himself as he opened his eyes. He swiped whatever was on his face and looked at his hand, and discovered that it was snow. When he looked up, he saw a childish Kae In laughing her off. "Yah, you think you're funny?" Kris yelled, kneeling down to make a snowball. However, as soon as he was about to throw it at her, another one hit his face. Kris heard Kae In howl with laughter, which frustrated him even more. He threw the snowball he made, but it missed Kae In entirely. When Kris shook his head, shaking the snow off of his face, he saw Kae In sticking her tongue out at him. "You're asking for it, you brat!" Kris shouted, running after her.

 

It had been about five mintues since Kae In initiated the fight, and Kris was still set on getting his revenge. Kae In ran away from Kris, and felt a slight grip on her arm. She thought Kris had got her, but when she looked at her outstretched arm, she saw nothing. "Got you!" Kris yelled, throwing a snowball right at her back. "Kr-Kris . ." Kae In stuttered, shaking. "Don't play jokes anymore Kae In, I'm not falling for it!" Kris laughed, throwing another snowball at her. It missed, and instead hit something else; however, they couldn't see it. "Kris . ." Kae In called, pointing. Kris widened his eyes when he saw that there was a floating spot where the snowball had made an impact with something, but what? Kris took a second, but then he realized what was going on. "Kae In, get over here!" Kris shouted, running over to Kae In. "I can't!" Kae In cried, trying to pull her arm away, but it felt like someone was pulling her. Kris grabbed her, and tugged her away from what was pulling her. Kae In hugged Kris, not wanting to let go. He hugged her back and patted her head, looking to see if anyone was around. He had a feeling they were being watched. "Kae In, we need to get back inside. Tell everyone we need to leave now," Kris ordered, pulling away from Kae In. She nodded and started running back towards the hospital, but didn't make it in time. While Kris had his back turned to her, she screamed out in pain. "Kae In!" Kris called, turning around. Kae In was on the ground, clutching her side. The snow below her had grown red from the blood that came from her wound. "Kris . . Kris!" Kae In stuttered, tears streaming down her face. Kris ran over to her, "What happened?" Kae In gulped and breathed heavily. "They're . . they're here. They're here, Kris," Kae In exhaled, biting on her lip so that it could somehow relieve the pain. 

 

Kris didn't have time to ask for an explanation, since four guards appeared in front of his very eyes. "Good aim, Woohyun. I didn't think you'd actually hit her with water," Seungho chuckled, smiling at Woohyun. Woohyun grinned out of pride, and looked back at Kris. Kris's face darkened, and the four guards stepped back once Kris had summoned his dragon. The now dark red dragon roared into the sky, and glared at the four guards with its gleaming, bloodshot eyes. "Kae In, can you make it inside? We need to get the others out here; I can't handle them by myself," Kris asked Kae In as he commanded the dragon to attack. Kae In clutched at her open wound and tried to stand up, but every movement caused pain to sear through her body. "N-No . ." Kae In huffed, shutting her eyes closed before she tried again. "Kae In, don't. It'll only make your injury worse," Kris commented before helping the dragon take on the four guards. Kae In didn't listen to Kris. She pulled herself towards the door, which wasn't that far. She pushed the door open and dragged herself inside. "Oppa! Somebody . ." Kae In yelled as loud as she could. She suddenly felt numb, and couldn't move at all. "Kae In!" Chanyeol yelled, running over to Kae In. He had heard a yell, and told the others he would go see what Kae In needed. "What happened?" Chanyeol asked, and then widened his eyes when he saw blood on his little sister. "Th-They're . . here," Kae In sighed, struggling to keep her eyes open. "You, you don't move. You better keep your eyes open. I'm getting help right away!" Chanyeol rushed, standing up to get everyone else. 

 

Kae In shivered; she couldn't handle all this pain. She was on the opposite side of the door, on the floor. She was watching Kris fight from outside. The dragon had fallen, and Kris looked like he was going to pass out. Seungho, Woohyun, Himchan, and Jaejoong slowly approached the fallen Kris, who was lying on his side, facing the door. "Kris!" Kae In cried, slamming her hand onto the glass door, "Kris, get up!" With tears streaming down her face from her eyes, she watched Jaejoong smirk and take out a scythe from under his cloak. "No! No, Jaejoong please, not Kris!" Kae In wailed, shaking her head furiously. Jaejoong saw Kae In and instantly started laughing. Kae In looked at Kris, who stretched out his hand to touch the glass door. Kae In struggled, but she managed to put her hand where Kris's hand was, and looked up at Jaejoong. He swung his scythe in the air and was about to strike Kris, but a sudden bright light stopped him. "Agh!" Kae In winced, shutting her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes, Kris was unconscious, but now all the boys were outside. Ice rose from the ground, hitting the guards. With the impact of different powers at once, it was causing so much chaos. "Kae In, I got you," Lay's voice was heard from behind her. "Kr-Kris is hurt too," Kae In winced, grabbing at her wound. "Shh, I know. Let's get you to the emergency room right away. I'll bring Kris in after I get you in there," Lay shushed, rushing over to the emergency room.