End of the Line

District Twelve

Kris helped Tao lay on Chanyeol's bed as soon as Kai teleported everyone back safely. "What'd they do to you?" Kris asked worriedly, looking at Tao. "Oh, don't worry about me. The just used their powers and punched me a couple of times. I'm okay, really," Tao said with a nervous smile, as if he was just fine. "But you could barely stand up. Take off your shirt. They punched you there, right?" Lay asked, poking Tao's stomach, and he instantly howled with pain. "Kae In, don't look," Chanyeol said, and Kae In just rolled her eyes. She sat on the other bed with her back towards everyone. Kai sat down next to her to keep her company. He rested his head on her shoulder and sighed. "Are you okay? You had to teleport a lot of us back here," Kae In asked, patting Kai's head. "Ahh, I think I'm fine. I just need some sleep," Kai shrugged, yawning before closing his eyes. "There, is that better?" Lay asked after he stepped away from Tao. "I don't know what I would do without you guys," Tao chuckled. "Okay Tao, you need some rest. We all need some rest. Tomorrow we're headed to District Twelve to take down Sooman," Chanyeol explained, patting Tao on the back. Tao conversed with the group a bit, and Kae In decided she and Kai should head off to sleep. The more sleep, the better.

 

Kai fell asleep once again when his head hit the pillow. Kae In laughed as she decided to take a quick shower before she went to sleep. As soon as she stepped out of the shower, she reorganized her backpack. After she was done, she closed the curtains and slipped into bed. Kae In was almost drifting off to sleep; until she felt someone crawl into her bed. "Kai? Is that you?" Kae In asked, a bit frightened. "Yeah," Kai's familiarly tired voice reassured Kae In that it was, as a matter of fact, Kai. "What are you doing? Go sleep in your bed," Kae In sighed, turning away from him. "But I'm lonely and can't sleep," Kai pouted. Kae In sighed and turned so that she was facing him. "Fine. Just this once, okay?" Kae In yawned as she closed her eyes in an attempt to get some sleep. Kae In felt Kai wrap his arms around her upper waist, but she was far too tired to question him. Her face grew hot when Kai pecked the end of her lips, and then suddenly kissed her square on the lips. That's when Kae In opened her eyes quickly to comprehend what was going on. Kai was kissing her. Kai was kissing her. She didn't complain, though; he wasn't bad. "You were kissing back, you know," Kai chuckled, blinking his eyes open. "Y-Yah, I want to sleep okay? Stop it and go to sleep," Kae In said, turning so that her back was facing him. She felt him scoot closer to her and sigh tiredly into her ear. "Okay, okay. Good night, Kae In," Kai mumbled. "Good night, Kai," Kae In replied, closing her eyes. "I love you," Kai added. Kae In opened her eyes and stared at the bedsheets. What did he just say? Kae In knew Kai had feelings for her, but just hearing Kai say it was a whole other story. "I love you too, Kai," Kae In said without thinking. It was out of pure reflex; no thinking whatsover. It now had been clear to her. If she had loved Kris more, she wouldn't have said anything, let alone let Kai sleep next to her. She realized that she was in love with Kai. Whether that was a good decision or not, she was happy otherwise.

 

Kae In stirred in her sleep when the sun had shone through the window, and was disturbing her sleep. She also felt Kai's arms being pulled away from her waist quickly, and assumed Kai was awake. "Kae In!" Kae In heard Kai yell, and she suddenly sat up in bed and widened her eyes at the sight. She couldn't believe her eyes. King Sooman was in front of her very own eyes, with Kai next to him. Sooman had a grip on Kai's arm, and she knew he was making him weak. "M-Master," Kae In mumbled, clenching on the blanket, "I . . I-" Kae In was extremely scared. The only person and thing she was afraid of was here, in front of her. "This man slept with my to-be wife? You will be the first one executed, scumbag," Sooman spat, pulling him towards the door, "and please, my dear. Call me by my real name. You are to be my wife after all." Kae In sat there in shock. "Wh-What?" she whispered to herself as she suddenly got the courage to jump out of bed and run after Sooman. In the hallway, all twelve of the men were lined up against the wall, their hands bound to each other with a glowing pair of red handcuffs. Kae In gasped and clasped her hands onto . "Oppa," Kae In whimpered, tears welling up in her eyes as she looked at Chanyeol. "Kae In, you're the only one that can help us now. It's all up to you-" Chanyeol began explaining, but Sooman punched him in the jaw, shutting him up right away. "Oppa!" Kae In cried, running to Chanyeol, but Sooman grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "Do you have any idea how long I've been chasing after you and your little pets?" Sooman hissed, glaring down at Kae In. "I . . I'm sorry . ." Kae In mumbled, looking down at the floor as tears endlessly fell from her eyes. 

 

Sooman gestured his guards to file the men into a truck. Sooman and Kae In followed behind them, and when they were in the lobby, she noticed the old man on the floor; a pool of blood beneath him. "Y-You killed him? You monster!" Kae In exclaimed, "we need to take him to the hospital. Please, Sooman, please." Kae In pleaded, but Sooman chuckled. "He's dead for sure, jagiya. Leave him be," Sooman answered simply, stepping outside. Kae In wanted to punch him. Kick him, even kill him; but she couldn't do anything with his grip on her wrist. He was practically feeding on her energy as they spoke. The guards filed the men one by one into the truck. Kae In watched the vehicle take off as she was pulled towards the limousine. "We're going back home, jagiya. With me, where you belong," Sooman said, placing Kae In's head on his shoulder as the vehicle , and the driver headed back to District Twelve.

 

 

OH NO!! They've been caught! What's gonna happen now?! Only the next update will tell . . c:< The story isn't over; don't lose hope! Hope you enjoyed this cliffhanger of an update guys; thanks for the support! <3 Oh, and if you really like this story, please upvote it by clicking that arrow next to the title in the foreward! ^ ^ kpopfanluv: really, you think so? c: thanks for the support! <3

Love always,